Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Site access a little rough last five days or so?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Just now, using Opera, can't Save an Edited post. Just spins and spins. Finally aborted and reloaded the page, but found it had logged me out! That's a first.

Came back in using Chrome for this post. Had trouble logging in. Timed out once. In on the third try.

Device(s)
    Tracfone iPhone 6S Tracfone iPhone SE, Samsung J3 Luna Pro, J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think probably many people are having forum issues and are just not reporting it. I know that I didn't for like a week. Most if not everyone in the Tracfone section for example has mentioned it. It is intermittent so sometimes the forum is fine for a while.

I should add that I'm am seeing the issues on the full version of the forum from a laptop using Firefox.

Anyways, thanks for trying to figure it out.
    Last edited by lappers; 08-04-2018 at 03:10 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it just me or there are too many guests on the forum? Could it be some kind of bot attack?

Currently Active Users
    There are currently 3882 users online. 131 members and 3751 guests
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Is it just me or there are too many guests on the forum? Could it be some kind of bot attack?

Currently Active Users
    There are currently 3882 users online. 131 members and 3751 guests
    I've seen guest numbers that high before and it hasn't been a problem. It would take a lot more than that to bring the forum down, especially since we're protected by CloudFlare. Something else is going on, just waiting on Howard to get back to me on it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah I use the Microsoft Edge browser primarily. I've noticed that if I go to howardforums.com the page either doesn't exist or is unavailable.

But if I point my browser to: https://www.howardforums.com/forumdi...ier-Discussion then it takes me to the site w/o any issue.

I've seen some posts show up multiple times. I've made posts where only the title shows up and the body is completely missing. I've also had the webpage time out after editing.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just spoke with Howard and we are going to be switching to a new server in a few days to alleviate this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience and your continued patience is appreciated.

Device(s)
    Tracfone iPhone 6S Tracfone iPhone SE, Samsung J3 Luna Pro, J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    I just spoke with Howard and we are going to be switching to a new server in a few days to alleviate this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience and your continued patience is appreciated.
    Thank you frail.
    Last edited by lappers; 08-06-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can’t access the forums at all via the app or Tapatalk all day so far, but have no issue accessing it from my browser.

Feedback Score
    Yes I am having the same issue.
    Maybe it is to do with switching to a new server as mentioned in post 36?

I need my HoFo fix. ����

Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I can’t access the forums at all via the app or Tapatalk all day so far, but have no issue accessing it from my browser.

Feedback Score
    having issues as well, and noticing a lot of duplicate posts for example https://howardforums.com/showthread....1-year/page117 1748, 1749, 1750, 1751,1752 are all duplicate posts, but it also looks like it was in the process of being edited or something when the first few didn't seem to post.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Logged in using the mobile website currently.

I can tell there's maintenance activity occurring, and things are loading faster now, butt there are a few hangs for me:

When I log in at the first page I usually land on (...forums.php), the images of all the listed subgroups are not rendered correctly. No way I can see to post an image logged in this way. If I get to a PC I'll show you what I mean.

Also, going to any page off the one I log in at, I lose my log in. Have to log in again. This is even when using the "Remember Me" check box.

Haven't checked this with a desktop browser yet. Just reporting what I see so far.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if this is related but the last few days i've been given a cloudflare "checking your browser wait 5 seconds" nearly every time i've tried to access the forum. Anything I can do to avoid that?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    I don't know if this is related but the last few days i've been given a cloudflare "checking your browser wait 5 seconds" nearly every time i've tried to access the forum. Anything I can do to avoid that?
    It's a protective measure enabled by the admin.

https://howardforums.com/showthread....5#post17014025

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    I'm getting the same problem.

Feedback Score
    I can't login from tapatalk. Hope it gets cleared up soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast