Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Simple Choice Prepaid Mobile Internet Unl Data w/ 2GB 4G LTE for $10/mo.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd320 View Post
    Can this plan be activated on a smartphone?
    Yes, this plan can be activated on a smartphone.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd320 View Post
    Can this plan be activated on a smartphone?
    Yes. I use a Moto e5 plus with mine.

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone ported a Legacy ($10/yr) plan to this one? And if so, did you lose the number?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by awebber View Post
    Has anyone ported a Legacy ($10/yr) plan to this one? And if so, did you lose the number?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Yes and yes. You can't really port from one to the other- the old line gets cancelled and a new one created. Your credit will transfer, but you'll need a new SIM and get a new number (which really doesn't matter, since this data line doesn't support calling or texting, so the only thing the number is used for is looking in to your account online.)

When I did this last year, there was no way to convert a pay as you go gold legacy plan to any monthly plan. What T-Mo prepaid support did (and I was s**tting bricks the whole time!), was cancel my legacy account, and then created the new $10/month 2GB account and funded it with the balance I had left in the closed account.

I logged into my account and took screenshots of my balance before all this went down just in case some disaster happened (like the phone call was disconnected after he cancelled the old account but before he created the new one, and this one prepaid rep overseas was the only person in the world that knew I had $127 in credit scribbled on a note pad on his desk!) but it all went fairly smoothly.

Coincidentally, I'm on my last month- my $17 became $7 on Dec 20, so there's not enough credit to renew. I don't really need the line anymore- I got to use as an occasional hotspot, when I was on a grandfathered plan without hotspot capability. My current voice plan now has hotspot so I doubt I'll fund this account and just let it die.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone else on this plan had it cancelled by T-Mobile without any notice? I received an email from T-Mobile saying my account had been cancelled several days before it's expiration with no advanced warning. I didn't even finish using all the data. I haven't called them yet so was just wondering if it happened to anyone else.

Feedback Score
    It happened to me a few months ago. A quick chat with support got it restored, however since then I have been unable to log into the account online. Support has been unable to provide a solution.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by overlock View Post
    It happened to me a few months ago. A quick chat with support got it restored, however since then I have been unable to log into the account online. Support has been unable to provide a solution.
    I like a lot of what T-Mobile has done and has been doing, but the ongoing issues with prepaid account management is really frustrating and isn't exactly selling me on adding more of these kinds of services.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I like a lot of what T-Mobile has done and has been doing, but the ongoing issues with prepaid account management is really frustrating and isn't exactly selling me on adding more of these kinds of services.
    I considered moving my primary line T-Mobile prepaid but not a chance now. I wouldn't trust them with my main number.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    I thought I'd have a rather killer combination of service by setting up this plan: my main number would go back to a Cricket account with some family members (I'd be the $10 fourth line of a 4/$100 unlimited) and then I'd pay another $10/month for this 2GB T-Mobile line that would mostly serve as a backup/auxiliary line (there's a few restaurants near where I work that have terrible AT&T service, but T-Mobile is decent, not to mention travel).

I didn't realize how inflexible T-Mobile is regarding eSIM support—apparently the only options for eSIM are moving postpaid over and the app-based eSIM provisioning with its 3 plan options. I checked via business chat (through iMessage) and Twitter and both have basically said it's not possible.

Also, from what I've gathered, T-Mobile has at least 5 billing systems that all don't really interact with each other. I may be entirely wrong, so feel free to correct:

• Whatever is currently used for postpaid
    • Rebellion (prepaid)
    • The prior prepaid one
    • Mobile Internet (which now never seems to work inside a browser, but will from an iPad's Settings > Cellular Data panel)
    • eSIM app (since it looks like Rebellion accounts can't have EIDs shoehorned in)

As the 2GB plan _looks_ like a Rebellion account from account management, I can only guess that accounts provisioned using T-Mobile's eSIM app are somehow different. As much as everyone hates AT&T's single-use QR code cards, there's something to be said about being able to put any line on eSIM by replacing the ICCID from a physical SIM with the one from the QR card.

Has anyone else moved any existing prepaid plans to an eSIM...did you have any luck at a T-Mobile store? I'm not really upset (at worst would be out the initial $10 if I didn't end up using the data), just feel like it should somehow be possible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4