Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to delete text message on google voice?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

How to delete text message on google voice?

I have an iphone where i use google voice number to call and text people in the us and canada. How do i delete text conversations on the iphone? When i highlight it, it only seems to allow you to copy... no option to delete text messages.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You didn't say what app you're using with GV.

If Hangouts, there's no way to delete individual messages, at least on Android. You can only delete entire conversations.

If you're using the GV app, somebody else will have to answer.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly02 View Post
    I have an iphone where i use google voice number to call and text people in the us and canada. How do i delete text conversations on the iphone? When i highlight it, it only seems to allow you to copy... no option to delete text messages.
    If you can go to your Google Voice online you can delete any and all texts from there.
    On Android the app allows you to delete the texts.

Not sure why iPhone won't let you do it.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

How to delete text message on google voice?

Swipe right to left in the GV app
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So, pauly02, did you figure out which app you are using with your GV # and how to delete text conversations from whatever app you're using on an iPhone?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    pauly02...did you get lost, lol?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi there. No i cannot delete the text messages on google voice on my iphone. Can someone else with iphone and google hangouts on it tell me how to do this? The program i use is called google hangouts on the iphone.

I tried swiping right to left on the text message if thats what you meant? If so, that didn't work.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Are the messages you're referring to a result of receiving an SMS text someone sent to your GV number, or are these Hangouts IM chat messages (and part of a conversation)?

With the Android app regarding Hangouts IM chat messages, you can't delete an individual message; only the entire conversation by long pressing the person's name the conversation is with.

And I just checked and this is true of SMS messages sent to your GV number as well. Can't be individually deleted in the Hangouts app.

In the GV app, on the other hand, you can indeed delete individual messages by long pressing that message (looks like a message bubble).

So how the HO app on iOS behaves may be up to you to explain to us.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi. Yes im talking about someone else sms text me to my google voice number and then i send them text message from my google voice number. Im doing this through the hangouts app on my iphone. Thus im not using my cell phone carrier at all. Im using my US google voice number in google hangouts to text people. So to them, they would assume im using a regular cell phone carrier to text them when im not. They are not using google hangouts to text me back. They are using their regular cell phone carrier. Thus i have to use google hangouts app to text ppl. I also use it to call and receive calls as well. The reason because i don't have a us cell number.

Okay im confused. So can i delete the text messages i send/receive from others on google hangouts? Because you say in the GV app, you can indeed delete individual messages. So if i use google voice app instead of hangouts, then i could delete the text messages? Im confused here. So you want me to download google voice app?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi there. No i cannot delete the text messages on google voice on my iphone. Can someone else with iphone and google hangouts on it tell me how to do this? The program i use is called google hangouts on the iphone.

I tried swiping right to left on the text message if thats what you meant? If so, that didn't work.
    I don't have an iPhone. But since you've finally indicated that you're using the Hangouts app and not the Google Voice app with your Google Voice #, I can tell you how to delete the whole conversation. Since you say there's no way to do it from the Hangouts app on your iPhone, go to https://hangouts.google.com from a computer, select the conversation, and after it appears on the lower right of the screen, click the gear icon, and select "Delete conversation".

As an aside, on the Hangouts app for Android, to delete a conversation, you simply long press the conversation, and then select the trash can icon. As I indicated in my first reply above, there's no way to delete individual messages from the Hangouts app, at least on Android, or, as far as I can tell, not even using https://hangouts.google.com .

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    On Android 7 (galaxy s6) this option does not work for me

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by oltirio View Post
    I don't understand how the Hangouts app can work differently on one Android 7 device from another Android 7 device.

Can you provide more info about what your Hangouts app is doing?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    @ pauly02:

It looks to me like you cannot delete individual messages using the Hangouts app (only complete conversations). If you need to do that you'll need to investigate using the GV app.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't have an iPhone. But since you've finally indicated that you're using the Hangouts app and not the Google Voice app with your Google Voice #, I can tell you how to delete the whole conversation. Since you say there's no way to do it from the Hangouts app on your iPhone, go to https://hangouts.google.com from a computer, select the conversation, and after it appears on the lower right of the screen, click the gear icon, and select "Delete conversation".

As an aside, on the Hangouts app for Android, to delete a conversation, you simply long press the conversation, and then select the trash can icon. As I indicated in my first reply above, there's no way to delete individual messages from the Hangouts app, at least on Android, or, as far as I can tell, not even using https://hangouts.google.com .
    pauly02, were you able to get conversations deleted following my instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by oltirio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't understand how the Hangouts app can work differently on one Android 7 device from another Android 7 device.

Can you provide more info about what your Hangouts app is doing?
    oltirio, any update on what "option does not work" with hangouts for you?

Carrier(s)
    FirstNet, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via APCO25
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had a brand new iPhone for about ten minutes. I could not figure out how to use it with Google Voice, it was a kludge. Much to the delight of my daughter, I gave up, handed her the iPhone and went back to Android. I wish you luck on figuring this out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast