Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wi-Fi Calling Failures

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Wi-Fi Calling Failures

Has anyone else been experiencing "Call Failed" and loud, screeching static when attempting to use Wi-Fi Calling? I had to disable it on my iPhone X to regain call reliability.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven't experienced that issue. You may want to reboot your modem/router and see if that fixes the issue.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have not had that problem, but I have noted drops when moving between different access points within WiFi systems at my home and office. Also, transitions between WiFi and cellular are not reliable.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Wi-Fi Calling Failures

I’m having the screeching problem in the Chicago suburbs when using Wi-Fi calling. Also using an iPhone X. It started a couple days ago and I disabled Wi-Fi calling today.
    Last edited by werl; 08-12-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    WERL

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Has anyone else been experiencing "Call Failed" and loud, screeching static when attempting to use Wi-Fi Calling? I had to disable it on my iPhone X to regain call reliability.
    I just had a 45 minute phone call with business customer support. At this point they had me turn "wi-fi assist" to the OFF position on my Iphone X. Apparently this may confuse the Iphone as to where the phone call should go. I've got a trouble ticket open and have turned wi-fi calling back on to see if this helps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werl View Post
    I just had a 45 minute phone call with business customer support. At this point they had me turn "wi-fi assist" to the OFF position on my Iphone X. Apparently this may confuse the Iphone as to where the phone call should go. I've got a trouble ticket open and have turned wi-fi calling back on to see if this helps.
    For some reason, Verizon support seems to blame EVERYTHING on the iPhone WiFi assist setting. I can't tell you how many times they've asked me to turn that off!

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

No but... (a little off-topic)

No but I have an iPhone X (256Gb). Boy do I feel stupid. It might be the worst iPhone I've ever owned.
    No fingerprint. I have to juggle my lunch while trying to pay with AppleID and get the camera facing correctly.
    I can't let my wife login with her fingerprint because there is only one face-print.
    Often I pull it out of a pocket and take a picture of the home screen.
    The phone has called someone from my log while sitting on my desk-- no buttons pressed.
    The phone has called 911 because of the default quick button press shortcut.

My wife bought the iPhone 8 plus. Everywhere we go, she has better signal than I do. And not using bars. When camping, I literally ask for her phone if I want to make a call.

Anyway, all this to say I wouldn't be surprised if the odd behavior you experienced is iPhone X specific.

-Dan

PS: If Verizon would trade me straight across for my X, I'd gladly take an 8+.
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    I don't get the need for WiFi calling... Probably because I did fight with it 6 years ago on my RepublicWireless phones (had them for 3 years).

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I don't get the need for WiFi calling... Probably because I did fight with it 6 years ago on my RepublicWireless phones (had them for 3 years).
    Exactly, I had Republic too & have tried Wi-Fi calling on many different phones. The audio is usually clearer, but the latency & occasional weird noises make Wi-Fi calling only appealing as a last resort.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I used to have the same issue with WiFi calling on my 7+. It was random. If it happened I’d hang up then try the call again and all would be fine. I would say it’s a network issue. To add this was happing to me over a year ago so it’s clear they have yet to fix the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Feedback Score
    WiFi calling works great. I have a WiFi network with 3 access points that presents the same SSID. There are no problems switching between the access points.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Pre-Paid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    WiFi calling works great. I have a WiFi network with 3 access points that presents the same SSID. There are no problems switching between the access points.
    Same here. I use WiFi calling 100% of the time at home. iPhone 7. Works perfectly. I also use it in the car, as I am leaving/entering the garage, and it switches back and forth between LTE and WiFi (and vice-versa), seamlessly. No issues at all. Love it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Pre-Paid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    You need it, because there are PLENTY of places, (especially inside homes/basements in homes, etc), where the cell phone signal is very weak. WiFi calling solves that problem.

Also, if you are overseas, you can call back to the United States for FREE (yes free), using your WiFI calling!

Feedback Score
    Overseas I use a local SIM - Hangouts to call US, WhatsApp to call locals (they all have that app for some reason).
    My house has perfect signal everywhere. I don't have a basement, and even if I had one... I wouldn't make phone calls from there.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Wi-Fi calling on T-Mobile is flawless for me.

It is truly a great feature, and does come in handy when coverage isn't optimal in odd spots.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast