Thread: Which carriers are in this tower

Feedback Score

Which carriers are in this tower

Ok so I am experiencing some weird service issues. My service dropped from 3 bars on band 5 L850 to 1 bar on band 2. Tower pictures from cellmapper shows to be only band 4,5 so I am figuring that I am not connecting to this tower.
    I decided to drive out to the site and noticed crew working on it. When I asked them which carrier they are working on they told me at&t but they also said that T-Mobile is not on this tower which is weird. I get full bar every time I drive by it and T-Mobile even told me that this is a T-Mobile tower. Can anyone confirm by looking at the panels?

Anyways the ground crew to me wasn’t knowledgeable. And the guys on the top of the tower well I couldn’t talk to because they were up top.

I was hoping that perhaps T-Mobile was modernizing the tower for band 12 or even 71 but maybe that wasn’t the case. I’m not sure why for 2 weeks now I am on band 2 and 1 bar instead of 3 bars and band 5. Service got so bad that I had to enable my WiFi calling so I could make clear calls.

Also pictured is that tower from cellmapper. And x marks the spot around where my house is. Is the tower triangulated wrong? Not it my direction?

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jacek1982 View Post
    ..... Is the tower triangulated wrong? Not it my direction? .....
    The antenna patterns are a cardioid. They have a beamwidth a bit under 180º. There's a lot of overlap.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Not answering your question, but there are three cable runs on there so why wouldn’t there be three different carriers?
    I think the tech you talked to had AT&T on his paperwork and they were fixing the AT&T panels.
    There could easily have been T-mobile on one of the other arrays he wasn’t working on. If you get some pictures of the service panels on the ground they may be marked which carriers have antennas on that tower.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you had to ask me... The bottom cell panels look like they could be TMobile. Doesn't look like band 12 though. The right most panel on the bottom looks like typical band 4 out here

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Looks like AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile.
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Which carriers are in this tower

Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Isn’t the middle Sprint?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    T-Mobile being the bottom rack?

Feedback Score
    Let me ask you this guys. So Myrtle beach is the only one in USA on T-Mobile that has band 5 850 MHz frequency. Up until 2 weeks ago I was camped on it which gave me 3 bars at my house. Now I only connect to band 4 and band 2 with 1 bar of service. My service got so bad at my house that I had to turn on WiFi calling again because when I make a call the calls would drop and people would say that I was braking up when talking to them.

So my question is. Can T-Mobile OVERLAY band 5 850 MHz with say band 12 700 MHz or even band 71 600 MHz ? Is that possible??? I mean why would they keep 850 MHz around in only one city in USA ?

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vanko987 View Post
    Isn’t the middle Sprint?
    Yes, that's what I was indicating.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jacek1982 View Post
    Let me ask you this guys. So Myrtle beach is the only one in USA on T-Mobile that has band 5 850 MHz frequency. Up until 2 weeks ago I was camped on it which gave me 3 bars at my house. Now I only connect to band 4 and band 2 with 1 bar of service. My service got so bad at my house that I had to turn on WiFi calling again because when I make a call the calls would drop and people would say that I was braking up when talking to them.

So my question is. Can T-Mobile OVERLAY band 5 850 MHz with say band 12 700 MHz or even band 71 600 MHz ? Is that possible??? I mean why would they keep 850 MHz around in only one city in USA ?
    What do you mean by overlay?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk