Thread: $45 credit

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

$45 credit

I just bought a prepaid iPhone 6 with the $45 credit to upgrade an existing account. My old Sim card will fit the new phone. Do I need to swap to the new sim card to get the credit or will i still get the credit just by putting my old card in the new phone?

Will activating the iphone lock it to that number or service?

I want the credit but i want to give the iphone to mother-in-law (she's on postpaid AT&T)

Carrier(s)
    Cricket x 10 lines
    Feedback Score
    ime a refil card comes in box if ordered from att

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhendrix9 View Post
    I just bought a prepaid iPhone 6 with the $45 credit to upgrade an existing account. My old Sim card will fit the new phone. Do I need to swap to the new sim card to get the credit or will i still get the credit just by putting my old card in the new phone?

Will activating the iphone lock it to that number or service?

I want the credit but i want to give the iphone to mother-in-law (she's on postpaid AT&T)
    I am told that the credit is tied to the SIM-IMEI. So, I suggest you activate your existing number on the new phone with the SIM included. You should then get an SMS that the credit is added to the account. You can do this both online and through phone support. But, better to do through phone support to avoid surprises.

Have done that recently on two existing lines and worked perfectly. Both required SIM to be changed to the new one that came with the box.

If you want to give the phone to your MIL, confirm the credit and then put her existing postpaid SIM in the new phone. Also, in some cases, the phone may not work after one day and would need confirmation to Customer Support that it was not stolen and is fully paid for (rare cases).