Thread: Account glitch?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score

Account glitch?

So I manage my brothers phone which is on AT&T prepaid on the $30 monthly Unlimited Talk, Text, no data, $25 with autopay on and he asked me recently since we don’t live together if I paid up his phone bill and I said yes cause I did via calling mart refill card and made sure Auto Pay was on to get the $5 discount to make it $25 monthly.

So he then 2 days ago shows me AT&T for some reason is now charging the account 2 $0.25 charges for texts even though he is on an Unlimited plan.

To make things worse, with autopay turned on the account failed to renew and I also noticed where it usually says the “$25 with autopay discount”, that message was gone and it only said $30 monthly plan. Also what’s weird is the credit balance I loaded with $25 all of a sudden jumped to $29.50 and so with Auto Pay not working it said I owed $0.50 to renew the plan but the minimum you can pay online is $10 to refill.

I fixed this “Glitch” if that’s what it is by upgrading his plan to the $35 plan and adding $10 more to cover the change and now it works and looks normal.

Any body else have something up with their account?
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    So I manage my brothers phone which is on AT&T prepaid on the $30 monthly Unlimited Talk, Text, no data, $25 with autopay on and he asked me recently since we don’t live together if I paid up his phone bill and I said yes cause I did via calling mart refill card and made sure Auto Pay was on to get the $5 discount to make it $25 monthly.

So he then 2 days ago shows me AT&T for some reason is now charging the account 2 $0.25 charges for texts even though he is on an Unlimited plan.

To make things worse, with autopay turned on the account failed to renew and I also noticed where it usually says the “$25 with autopay discount”, that message was gone and it only said $30 monthly plan. Also what’s weird is the credit balance I loaded with $25 all of a sudden jumped to $29.50 and so with Auto Pay not working it said I owed $0.50 to renew the plan but the minimum you can pay online is $10 to refill.

I fixed this “Glitch” if that’s what it is by upgrading his plan to the $35 plan and adding $10 more to cover the change and now it works and looks normal.

Any body else have something up with their account?
    Yes my sister has att prepaid on the plan (I believe) right above the $30 plan. She's been charged for each text and att has kind of been giving her the run around saying it will be fixed and credited the next month and then it stays the same. She usually keeps an extra $10 on the account and that's been chewed up. She's so frustrated she's thinking about going to TMobile. Also her autopay hasn't gone through like it was before even though the money is there

Doesn't make sense they can't fix it easily

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    No issues here. I've loaded enough PINS to take me til mid October.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    That part is actually normal on AT&T Prepaid. I have two lines on the 8GB $50 plan, which comes to $100 - $10 multiline discount - $20 autopay discount = $70. The OLAM will show my amount due is $70 and (for example) my account PIN-filled balance is $70 up until about 2 days before the plan renews. At that point, however, the amount due jumps $20 to $90 (the balance due without the autopay discount) and the PIN balance also jumps to $90.00. It is a wash, but it is really odd to see.

In your situation, the autopay actually did work, the $25 amount due went to $30 but your PIN refill also went from $25 to $30 - $0.50 for the texts = $29.50. The issue is the $0.50 they're charging you for the texts. Your brother or you need to call Customer Service and ask them to remove the charge and/or apply a $0.50 credit to the account so it is all good again.