Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Please help. Red Pocket on GSM phone now having more issues.

Feedback Score
    Ok. will try it first. Still waiting on RP to find my CS JM.

I'm wondering if some app is causing this?

Got off chat with RP. No fix.

I put phone in Safe Mode. It's still acting up.

Will now try phone reset.

Phone is rebooted after factory reset. Reset didn't make a difference.
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 08-14-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Without another phone to test the current SIM card with, the only other thing I can think to suggest suggest is to ask RP for a replacement SIM card.

As an aside, unless something has changed recently, any AT&T Prepaid Android phone that you can buy at Walmart should work with any AT&T MVNO without unlocking. So, if you're feeling up to it, you can try getting one of those to test the current SIM card, if you can find one that takes the same size SIM card. Just keep your receipt and packaging, and it can be returned within 14 days.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know of a setting to get the phone to ring longer? That way my sister can let the phone keep ringing until it connects instead of it timing out and ending the call. This would help her to use the phone while waiting for a replacement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Without another phone to test the current SIM card with, the only other thing I can think to suggest suggest is to ask RP for a replacement SIM card.

As an aside, unless something has changed recently, any AT&T Prepaid Android phone that you can buy at Walmart should work with any AT&T MVNO without unlocking. So, if you're feeling up to it, you can try getting one of those to test the current SIM card, if you can find one that takes the same size SIM card. Just keep your receipt and packaging, and it can be returned within 14 days.
    I thought of that. I also though what if I tell RP that I tried another phone and SIM does not work. Then they would send me a new sim right? I don't know why they didn't just offer that as good customer service. Can't they deactivate this one when I insert the new one anyway. Couldn't they just put the remainder of her months on the new SIM? Don't know why they wouldn't have suggested that.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    I thought of that. I also though what if I tell RP that I tried another phone and SIM does not work. Then they would send me a new sim right? I don't know why they didn't just offer that as good customer service. Can't they deactivate this one when I insert the new one anyway. Couldn't they just put the remainder of her months on the new SIM? Don't know why they wouldn't have suggested that.
    Correct. The service/plan won't change if/when a new replacement SIM card is put on the account.

Feedback Score
    Great. I'm on hold for another chat with RP and will tell them I found an unlocked phone and something is wrong with my sim card.

I will have a new sim card in 3-5 business days but going ahead and ordering new phone anyway. We'll definitely have a working sim to use in new phone. Would hate to get new phone and then find out we had to wait 3-5 days for a new sim.

Last thing just to confirm while I hunt for phone. All that I need to look for is that the phone is AT&T unlocked? That's it?
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 08-14-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Probably like I said, I'd need to download the 1.99 app.
    No need to buy the paid version. The free version should work fine.
    Last thing just to confirm while I hunt for phone. All that I need to look for is that the phone is AT&T unlocked? That's it?
    Yes you can use any post-paid or pre-paid ATT phone to test your sim card as long as it fits.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    No need to buy the paid version. The free version should work fine.
    Yes you can use any post-paid or pre-paid ATT phone to test your sim card as long as it fits.
    That's true about AT&T Prepaid phones, as I already noted above. Although I don't think this applies for diddlydudette's sister's case who probably wants Android, for anybody else reading this thread, it has been reported a few times that one AT&T Prepaid device, the AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE, is locked even for AT&T MVNOs, until it has been used for 6 months on AT&T Prepaid.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Boz, good point. I only use Android phones, so wasn't aware of any locking restrictions.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. We stay away from Apple products. We're android people in my family. :-)

What I meant by I need to just find a unlocked AT&T phone is for purchasing a newer phone. That's what I'm doing so hopefully that's what I need to look for to work on Red Pocket.

As far as that network app, it wasn't showing bands for some reason so figured I would need the paid version of the app to show that. Not sure how that works and why my free app wasn't showing bands.

My top 3 phones that I'm considering are Hauwei Mate 9, Samsung Note 8 and the Samsung Galaxy S8+. Will look on Swappa and Ebay to get good mint condition or open box when sister decides. Still looking around today for other options to consider

I put a backup SMS app on sister's phone. Her text messages go to her Gmail acct where she can read her texts without having the phone in-hand. The app also has her call log going to Gmail so she is also able to see who has called while I have her phone so she is ok for now.

Feedback Score
    Well, I got the new unlocked Note 8 phone today. Guess what? It is doing the exact same thing so the issue isn't with the phone but with the service. I was on chat with Red Pocket for over an hour today. We left it as they will check with upper technical support and I will hear back within 24 hours. I have heard that before, so we will see.

This has been quite the inconvenience. First off my sister has been without a phone for a good while while searching for a new phone, getting new sim from RP so it's been going on 3 weeks that my sister hasn't had a phone.

I don't like that RP told me it's the phone issue when I originally approached them with the problem. Why didn't they THEN contact upper technical support? This is basically why my sister bought a new phone. I'm not happy now to find out that her phone wasn't the issue. Sister needed an upgrade anyway, but the new phone could have waited.

It's been a great inconvenience. What if RP can't fix the issue? Her phone was working perfectly when she first went to GSM AT&T Red Pocket so what went wrong all of a sudden?

Issues with RP is the delays in dialing out to the point that a lot of times the call will simply end. Texts happen the same way. Sometimes they go through and sometimes a big delay. RP says since some calls going thru, then that lets them know its the network or coverage on their end.

I just hope I don't need to go elsewhere with this phone for a new plan. But I guess when you try to go cheap, you get what you pay for unfortunately. Thankfully the phone is unlocked to go with any network if she will need to leave RP.

Also MMS APN settings they give me aren't working. I believe in April when I first set up this phone, the settings wouldn't work then either and y'all provided me with APN settings that actually worked? Do ya'll still know what they are? I can't find that original thread.

This is how APN is currently set:

Name: Red Pocket Mobile

APN: RESELLER

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: htty://mmsc.mobile.att.net

Multimedia message proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net

Multi message port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Authen type: None

APN type: default,mms,supl

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network oper type: None

Mobile virtual network oper value: Not set

Thanks once again.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Nevermind. I got Red Pocket to finally give me some good settings. MMS working now. Now if I can just get outgoing calls to work. lol
    I'm glad you got MMS working. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to get the MMS issue resolved! Can you please post what APN setting finally worked for future reference? One thing that sticks out as possibly wrong in your post above is the "MMSC: htty://mmsc.mobile.att.net" line, but I don't know for sure.

Regarding the delay in calls ringing, does it happen when calling ALL #s? For example, if you call a Walmart, a Rite Aid, a Walgreens, a Home Depot, a Target, a Kroger, a Lowe's, a Best Buy, and a Macy's, for example, does the call/ringing delay happen on all of the calls, or just some?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4