Thread: Fido Roam in US and International overlapping trip

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Fido Roam in US and International overlapping trip

Say my billing cycle is 1st of every month.

From 1st to 10th, I'll be in US. And 11th to 30th, I'll be in Asia. Will I be charged:

1. (10 days X $7) + (5 days X $12) = $130 (This is what I've been told Fido rep)

2. (10 days X $7) + (15 days X $12) = $250

Which will apply to me?

And if I have the $7 value pack with premium calling rate, there will be no additional roaming or long distance fee other than that of the premium calling rate fee right?

Eg. Calling a China number, the usual premium rate is $0.02/min if I'm calling from Canada. But if I'm roaming with Fido roam in India and I call a China number, will I get charged $0.02/min only? Or $0.02/min plus roaming and long distance?
    Last edited by hohohong; 08-15-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I did. But it's not clear. Very vague.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I think this answers your question regarding the billing: "If you use Fido Roam both in the U.S. and internationally within the same billing cycle, you will be charged for up to 15 days of Fido Roam per zone — that is, up to 15 days for U.S travel and another 15 days for international travel. For example, if you use your device for 5 days in the U.S. then 7 days in an eligible European destination within the same billing cycle, you will be charged a total of 12 days for Fido Roam.

If you are travelling within a single Fido Roam zone (U.S. or International), the daily charge will be applied only once within a 24-hour period. For example, if in the same 24-hour period you travel between Germany, France and Italy, you will be charged the Fido Roam International rate only once."

This question seems to answer your query about international calling:

"Will long distance add-ons work with Fido Roam?
    If you're enrolled in Fido Roam, your plan features and add-ons will work like they normally do. Any international long distance Add-ons you have on your account will apply for calls made to international numbers outside of the destination you’re visiting. If you are visiting a destination not covered by Fido Roam, standard roaming rates will apply for international long distance calls."