Thread: Koodo porting "Sorry, this phone number is already in use."

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Koodo porting "Sorry, this phone number is already in use."

hello,
    I am trying to port my old active koodo post paid account to my new koodo qc plan account. I get this message "Sorry, this phone number is already in use."

How can i solve this?

Device(s)
    Samsung S4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You have to port it to prepaid koodo and then port back in

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Can I port out my Koodo postpaid to Public Mobile and then port back into Koodo within the 30 day timeframe?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Warning: a friend of mine is trying to port from Koodo postpaid to prepaid and back, and is experiencing technical glitches with the first port to prepaid.

Worse, when calling in for tech assistance, she's getting charged services fees for the help, but the procedure still doesn't work. She's been triple-billed so far.

So I'm about to recommend going the Public Mobile route.

Edit: but thanks for the response to confirm that this should be possible via PM. I wasn't sure whether there was any block against turning around immediately.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    how do you port to Public Mobile? I'd have to setup an account with them then port to them then back to koodo on my new plan?

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    how do you port to Public Mobile? I'd have to setup an account with them then port to them then back to koodo on my new plan?
    It's the same as any other provider. You can create a new PM account and port in immediately, or afterwards.

PM experts might horn in here to advise on the least cost way of doing this -- in-store versus on-line.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Until September 6, Public Mobile offers a free SIM card and $25 bill credit for activating any plan including the $10 plan at Walmart. If you do a referral, there will be an extra $10 in bill credit. Put on auto pay and $2 reward will be provided. Keep the account open for up to 3 days in order to receive these rewards. Once the rewards are obtained, port in the Koodo number and immediately port it out. The $37 in stranded balance will be automatically moved over to the receiving Koodo account on the third bill. No need to talk to anyone. The system does it automatically. Spend $10, get $37 in 90 days. Ports between Koodo and Public Mobile are instantaneous.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Until September 6, Public Mobile offers a free SIM card and $25 bill credit for activating any plan including the $10 plan at Walmart. If you do a referral, there will be an extra $10 in bill credit. Put on auto pay and $2 reward will be provided. Keep the account open for up to 3 days in order to receive these rewards. Once the rewards are obtained, port in the Koodo number and immediately port it out. The $37 in stranded balance will be automatically moved over to the receiving Koodo account on the third bill. No need to talk to anyone. The system does it automatically. Spend $10, get $37 in 90 days. Ports between Koodo and Public Mobile are instantaneous.

Just signed up for a PM account $10 plan Aug. 29th and the person did not mention any of this, thx for letting us know.

I didn't doing the referral or the auto pay, not fan, so the most I will get is $25 after 3 days so on Sept 2nd I can do the port-in then port-out and get the money and it will be moved to my koodo account?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    Just signed up for a PM account $10 plan Aug. 29th and the person did not mention any of this, thx for letting us know.

I didn't doing the referral or the auto pay, not fan, so the most I will get is $25 after 3 days so on Sept 2nd I can do the port-in then port-out and get the money and it will be moved to my koodo account?
    I can see some people don't like enabling auto pay, but getting a referral to add $10 to the bill credit is low hanging fruit. Actually selecting auto pay is low hanging fruit also. You can deselect it right away and reward for selecting it during activation will already be in the account.

From my own experiences when porting to Koodo, funds in the account will transfer over automatically on the third billing cycle. Some have reported that funds coming from rewards are not transferred but I think this cannot be correct. Funds in the account are not segregated into two streams, those coming from actual top up and those coming from rewards.

This legacy post from the Public Mobile website discusses how legacy customers were being treated when migrating to Koodo with an account balance. The system does not appear to have changed. The fund transfer seems to still be in place although it is a forgotten feature.

https://productioncommunity.publicmo...-by/m-p/137988