Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: All T-Mobile has to do is NOT be Verizon

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    This has been fun,but I'll stop before the thread gets closed or I'm banned.

We all owe Tm for the increased competition and lowered prices they're responsible for.

Thank you TM.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post

_------------
    This comment is just not accurate. And I'm only familiar with my service area, but there are plenty of towers,for the most part, or in areas where AT&T for instance has service, and tm doesn't, it's not for lack of a tower, it's that Tm has not hung an antenna on a whole lot of existing towers. And anyone with an operating brain understands it's not that Tm doesn't want to have those ANTENNAS, it's just a matter of capital allocation. They ain't got the money to match vzw and AT&T, but they're improving. But this is like an exaggerated analogy of saying if the temperature has risen to 10 degrees above zero from 10 below that its gotten warmer, problem is your still freezing your butt off, and your phone reception just sucks less than it the last year,etc.
    LOL look at Plane trying to defend his beloved Verizon by attacking T-Mobile to deflect the argument another direction away from Verizon.

Feedback Score
    This header is an absolutly absurd statement. If it were even remotely accurate, then Tm,att etc would never have to try to improve service by adding more tower,spectrum, improved phones,etc,etc,etc.
    I quoted: "Verizon throttled fire department's "unlimited" data during Calif. wildfire".

In direct response to that you said, "This header is an absolutly absurd statement. If it were even remotely accurate, then Tm,att etc would never have to try to improve service by adding more tower,spectrum, improved phones,etc,etc,etc."

I fail to see ANY connection between the two statements. You claimed an if-then statement which itself is absurd.

Can you clarify?

Feedback Score
    Yeah, i realize this is a Tm group and your all happy with the less than stellar coverage you're getting,
    So now you know what coverage I personally am experiencing?

and that's fine,but you all of course are welcome to have your own opinions, but not your facts.
    I am speechless. You're allowed to have your facts, though, right? Because you just told me that I have "less than stellar coverage", despite your not knowing a thing about me.

You are now contradicting your self as evidenced by this threads header.
    This is the second time you've said something along those lines. Care to clarify?

Feedback Score
    Yes, it will hurt them for a few days,but what are customers who need superior service going to do?
    According to you, they'll have multiple contracts with multiple systems.

Everyone will carry multiple phones.

Feedback Score
    Who says they didn't offer that advice. My guess is they did as the now obvious better plan would have generated vzw more revenue.what do you bet the fire people turned it due to lack of funds, which the state probably allocated to care for some bird or support for illegal immigrate voters.
    You've never worked with sales people, have you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    That was more an act of desperation than one of forward thinking. Verizon was stuck with slow EV-DO 3G data and no bridge between that and LTE. T-Mobile and AT&T had HSPA(+). They had to adopt LTE ASAP.
    Sure, they basically skipped half a generation of technology. But they could have built out LTE in urban and suburban areas, and let rural linger on 3G, but they didn't. They went LTE and they went all-in on it.

For years I've kept a minimal vzw line as a backup to my primary carrier, because vzw coverage is usually superior to all others. To denigh that fact would require great ignorance or lying.
    Verizon and AT&T are six of one, half a dozen of the other. Some places are better on one, some on the other. Life or death, Sprint is a good choice until the end of 2019, since they roam on Verizon CDMA at least for voice/text, and often AT&T for data. Plus USCC and C-Spire, so you've got a lot coverage, even if it bounces from network to network.

Yeah, i realize this is a Tm group and your all happy with the less than stellar coverage you're getting, and that's fine,but you all of course are welcome to have your own opinions, but not your facts.
    You're expecting T-Mobile fanboys to stick to the facts? Good luck with that one.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it will hurt them for a few days,but what are customers who need superior service going to do? Move to Tm? At present I don't think so. Most vzw customers are so tight with vzw, they won't even port to a vzw mvno as they think the coverage isn't as good. They sure ain't moving to Tm
    I didn't care if T-Mobile was "bad" since I had AT&T to cover areas that T-Mobile didn't cover.
    Most business customers are tight with Verizon Wireless because they actually have a strong customer service team for business customers, account reps, and strong web portal for managing the account. Verizon invested a lot in serving their business customers. Network means jack crap if their business customer service is unresponsive, or sucks or their web portal for managing the account is crap like .....

Anything my account rep can't do or figure out, she forwards to her internal team...
    If need something, I can call, send a text/email...
    Any biggie issues, I can get it escalated to the Regional Director/Manager...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    According to you, they'll have multiple contracts with multiple systems.
    This is what my company does...

Everyone will carry multiple phones.
    This is what I do...

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    I didn't care if T-Mobile was "bad" since I had AT&T to cover areas that T-Mobile didn't cover.
    Most business customers are tight with Verizon Wireless because they actually have a strong customer service team for business customers, account reps, and strong web portal for managing the account. Verizon invested a lot in serving their business customers. Network means jack crap if their business customer service is unresponsive, or sucks or their web portal for managing the account is crap like .....
    I've managed thousands of lines using the Verizon Enterprise Group. For the most part I found them very helpful. I also like the tools that I could use in real time.

Using AT&T's Premier website wasn't as friendly for me. The website never told me if items were out of stock so when I'd order new devices with next day shipping they didn't always come.

It took T-Mobile years but they are finally coming out with a viable Enterprise Web Tool similar to Verizon Enterprise which should serve enterprise customers well. T-Mobile is getting big enough where sales reps no longer can process everything manually via email.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I've managed thousands of lines using the Verizon Enterprise Group. For the most part I found them very helpful. I also like the tools that I could use in real time.
    I like their web portal for managing company lines, especially the reports I can generate and then use that information to create my own monthly reports for the various things I need to present during my meetings. It would be nice if the information actually showed up after the billing cycle so I don't have to ward off Accounting to give me some time. I don't know about you, but I end up waiting 6-7 days after the billing cycle till I get my results...

I thought T-Mobile mentioned a few years back that they were trying to get their game up with establishing more and stronger relationships Business Customers. And, honestly, I think Business customers are ripe for the picking since they usually need other services...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Using AT&T's Premier website wasn't as friendly for me. The website never told me if items were out of stock so when I'd order new devices with next day shipping they didn't always come.
    Don't get me started with AT&T Premier.
    Chunky UI and simply a nightmare to use.
    Disorganized, we didn't even get a account rep until Jan 2018 and we had them for around for 4 years.
    Still need to use this piece of junk..

It took T-Mobile years but they are finally coming out with a viable Enterprise Web Tool similar to Verizon Enterprise which should serve enterprise customers well. T-Mobile is getting big enough where sales reps no longer can process everything manually via email.
    Nice, but they really need to get company discounts for their retail customers. Business customers and the retail customers are tied together, especially if a discount is offered. I don't like to tell my employees doing BYOD that we don't have any company discounts for them, however I still gotta be upfront with them before they commit to BYOD...

Meanwhile employees on AT&T and Verizon Wireless are stoked...

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Don't get me started with AT&T Premier.
    Chunky UI and simply a nightmare to use.
    Disorganized, we didn't even get a account rep until Jan 2018 and we had them for around for 4 years.
    Still need to use this piece of junk..

Nice, but they really need to get company discounts for their retail customers. Business customers and the retail customers are tied together, especially if a discount is offered. I don't like to tell my employees doing BYOD that we don't have any company discounts for them, however I still gotta be upfront with them before they commit to BYOD...

Agreed. Bring back corporate discounts!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTEAdvanced View Post
    You're expecting cell phone freako fanboys to stick to the facts? Good luck with that one.
    Fixed that for you.

Feedback Score

That's because the world is filled with people who have no idea how to do math. All they can see is "BUT THIS ONE GIVES ME A 15% DISCOUNT!!!"

Those "discounts" do nothing more than take away some of the add-on BS "fees"--things that T-Mo doesn't have in the first place.

AT&T and VZW do this because they know they can advertise one price, but send a bill for a completely different, higher, price--and the suckers will ignore the higher price and look only at the advertised price that no one can achieve.

It's all just math, but people who can't do math and come up with a real apples to apples final number comparison will suffer every time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast