Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: T-Mobile aggresively building out 600 Mhz

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    I'd be curious to see how other markets are planning that as well but in the greater NYC area market there is one panel (a big sucker) that can handle both 600 and 700 bands in one radome.
    I will definitely check and post pics when I get a chance to get back to that area. I've been wondering if they are using the same panel setup like 12/14 (FN) and 5/13.

Feedback Score
    Copied verbatim from another forum. TM says over 10,000 sites will be on air by the end of 2018. Lot of info on the site. You just need to explore.

T-Mobile updated their 600 MHz deployment plan. Their plan can be
    downloaded on this page: https://howmobileworks.com/spectrum/
    Here is a link directly to the document (Excel):
    https://howmobileworks.com/wp-conten...ty-091718.xlsx
    The document lists deployment regions by FIPS county code, I think. So,
    just search for your state & county (and maybe surrounding region).

I made a spreadsheet comparing the changes they made from the previous plan
    document.
    You can download that document (Excel) here:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...25599246764490

Really quick overview:
    T-Mobile lists 2,016 total deployment regions.
    544 regions are already ‘deployed’
    1,316 regions are scheduled to start operations in Q4 2018 (That is by the
    end of this year!).
    50 regions are scheduled to start operations in Q1 2019.
    106 regions are scheduled to start operations in Q2 2019.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Is this going to affect TV translators as well? The one that serves Ukiah and Redwood Valley (it's the LAST one in Mendocino and Lake Counties) is completely dependent on donations and volunteers, if it goes, so does the last OTA TV here, as we're too far from the TV towers, and in the mountains.

www.tiaukiah.org
    Check the low power documents on the T-Mobile site I link to in the post above.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, LG V40 ThinQ, Google Pixel 3, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Great, thanks, fellow spud!

I'm glad you two could chip into the conversation.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, LG V40 ThinQ, Google Pixel 3, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I'm glad you two could chip into the conversation.
    You're very welcome! Glad we could oblige.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 3 (with FM Radio), LG Phoenix 2, iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Band 71 is active in Jefferson County MO... This is a tower that has it...
    T-MOBILE
    VERIZON
    AT&T
    SPRINT
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/48LMC7sZKaWrKak5A

Sent from my LM-X210APM using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Cellmapper is showing some B71 SW of Cleveland Ohio. I didn't think that area was cleared yet.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Cellmapper is showing some B71 SW of Cleveland Ohio. I didn't think that area was cleared yet.
    Just keep in mind that Cellmapper sometimes makes guesses and gets confused. They show band-12 in parts of Mississippi where CSpire has the 700A license.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Just keep in mind that Cellmapper sometimes makes guesses and gets confused. They show band-12 in parts of Mississippi where CSpire has the 700A license.
    Again is it the phone that reported the wrong band or Cellmapper getting confused? Since it is the phone that is uploading the data I sure can't see how this is a Cellmapper issue. Either way Cellmapper is the most accurate map based service that reports a carrier spectrum bands that I know.

Also, when a person has a T-Mobile phone and roaming on another networks spectrum how does Cellmapper show that roaming?

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Again is it the phone that reported the wrong band or Cellmapper getting confused?
    Good question and I think the answer depends on the phone. As I understand it, some phones provide a great deal of detail to the CellMapper app but others don't. When the phone does not provide the details, CellMapper may make an educated guess based on the way that the carrier in question normally numbers their sectors and channels. This can lead to errors.
    Also, when a person has a T-Mobile phone and roaming on another networks spectrum how does Cellmapper show that roaming?
    It always seems to report the correct MNN. I guess if the carrier has a multi-MNN signal, it will report one of the MNNs, giving preference to the home network's signal. I don't know anyone in the US doing this. Do LTEiRA carriers have dual-MNN signals?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I just looked at Cellmapper (showing B71 only on filter) for B71 SW of Cleveland and I didn't see it showing any B71 towers. Now there is a tiny amount of tracking data on the map north to south in mainly red around "Kamm's Corner" but it doesn't show a tower. Unless Cellmapper shows a tower that on the side displays labeled as B71 with a Cell Identifier number you should ignore any tracking info in that area.

One issue with Cellmapper is if data is every uploaded it will be there for years. Just like my LG G4 that uploaded my T-Mobile Personal Cell spot as a transmitter on their map that I accidently uploaded that shows last seen in 2016. If they were doing testing on 600 Mhz it could be picked up and would show on that map.

Also, I think a phone with a "very poor filter" that is uploading data can sometime pick up spectrum leaking from a transmitter even from a TV station and report it in the upload as a networks signal the phone has seen in unloaded data. If Cellmapper was getting confused it would have that same error all over the place which we know isn't true. However, if a phone with a damaged or poor filter was reporting false data to Cellmapper we would see only spurious error issues.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Now this is interesting it is the Cellmapper linkback (set to B71 only ) to the spot I think 10mm is talking about SW of Cleveland (Kamm's Corner) that has the bad tracking map. The B71 Tower in Madison is showing the connection to the Kamm's Corner tracking data we know is false with the two Light blue lines showing the Tower is connected to that Map that is way to far away to be legit. Is this possible a Atmospheric Skip like we get on AM Radio that is reflection the tower transmitter. You may have to zoom in on the screen to see the B71 tower in Madison.

https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=3...orColours=true
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-11-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is showing the link from the Madison B71 Cell tower to the bad tracking map data southwest of Cleveland. I can only guess this is a atmosphere skip issue to go that distances. In radio communication, skywave or skip refers to the propagation of radio waves reflected or refracted back toward Earth from the ionosphere, an electrically charged layer of the upper atmosphere.

Attachment 161483
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-11-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7