Thread: Will Cricket drop speed cap?

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fdbryant3 View Post
    Or you could switch plans and pay less.
    That's also true. But I find it kind of stupid that AT&T reduced Cricket speeds.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Will Cricket drop speed cap?

Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    That's also true. But I find it kind of stupid that AT&T reduced Cricket speeds.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app
    It makes perfect sense to me. Carriers are moving from differentiating plans based on size of data buckets to differentiating plans based on the speed/priority of that data.

Top priced plans get speedier data. My home ISP works the same way.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Lol if you want faster speeds you are going to have to pay more and switch to their other unlimited plan.
    Exactly right. You get what you pay for, which is how,it should be.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    At some point they will have to if they want to compete. People were willing to put up with the speed caps because Cricket had the superior nationwide network. Now that reports are saying that the T-Mobile Sprint merger is more likely to go through, one will be able to argue that they won't have the better nationwide network, their prices may be higher and they would admittedly be offering slower service. For me, I honestly notice the difference when I have faster speed and slower speed with things such as my page loads, how my GPS works, search results and other things that I see work faster when I have faster internet. To each his own. If someone wants to pay for slower internet because they feel it will be more stable, that's good for them. For me and what I need data for, speed caps are a no go.
    Merging the #3 and #4 networks is not going to adversely effect the #1 and #2 networks. When T-Mobile tamps down its rhetoric and starts aggressively adding to its geographical coverage, they’ll be a player to pay attention to. I want them to succeed and use them with Project Fi but they have a long way to go. Speed caps are not going to be a relevant issue except for the Tor Troubadours that want tons of data for cheap money.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Will Cricket drop speed cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Merging the #3 and #4 networks is not going to adversely effect the #1 and #2 networks. When T-Mobile tamps down its rhetoric and starts aggressively adding to its geographical coverage, they’ll be a player to pay attention to. I want them to succeed and use them with Project Fi but they have a long way to go. Speed caps are not going to be a relevant issue except for the Tor Troubadours that want tons of data for cheap money.
    T-mobile is already working on their coverage rather aggressively. Much of that new coverage is Band 71 only. However, they still have substantial work to do to catch up to VZW and AT&T. The coverage aspect that few talk about is in building DAS systems in urban areas. AT&T and VZW are also way ahead of T-mobile there. On the other hand, the VZW data network is so overloaded in many urban places, it often isn’t terribly useful anyway.

Cricket with the 3Mbps speed cap is fine for my uses right now and the 4/100 price point is remarkably good for the US market. I will see how things evolve. All of my devices are unlocked. My primary phone numbers are in Google Voice, so switching doesn’t even require a port.
    Last edited by mch; 09-15-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Wow the troll is hard at work. Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    Wow the troll is hard at work.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
    When people call others a troll it means they have no argument. Plus it's rude to call people trolls
    Last edited by caddypower; 09-19-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    Wow the troll is hard at work.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
    Please explain to me how linking to a thread about cricket dropping the speed cap is trolling?

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Please explain to me how linking to a thread about cricket dropping the speed cap is trolling?
    I was assuming he was talking about b1geast who opened the other thread about cricket dropping the speed capped.

Sent from my moto g(6) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    When people call others a troll it means they have no argument.
    That is sometimes true but not always. Many times there are true trolls who's only reason for posting is to say something negative and then they get personal excitement when they see people's reactions. Sometimes I actually feed bad for the trolls that their life is that pathetic and their only excitement in life is trying to make enemies on internet message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    Plus it's rude to call people trolls
    No it isn't, especially when it's the truth!

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They definitely should drop the speed limit. I don't really think it was an issue for most people, but why have it? Unless their Network can't handle it I never understood that restriction.

Good move for AT&T if they drop it. MetroPCS is their main competitor, so this'll help them to offer similar features. Competition is good

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On 9/28, Cricket is rumored to be releasing a new unlimited plan with no speed cap but will have “always on” deprioritization.

https://bestmvno.com/cricket-wireles...-no-speed-cap/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    I'd personally rather see wifi calling across the board with all phones on cricket. I'm in an office most of the day with little/no reception and wifi calling would make a huge difference personally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    They definitely should drop the speed limit. I don't really think it was an issue for most people, but why have it? Unless their Network can't handle it I never understood that restriction.
    It's service differentiation. The 3 or 8 throttle is an incentive to pay for postpaid service for people who think they can't live with the throttle.

In reality, 8 Mbps is plenty to do what needs to be done unless your job requires uploading/downloading a lot of large files.

We have a postpaid phone and hotspot. We generally only get 2-4 Mbps on postpaid here anyway. Though, the phone and hotspot are not fancy new models with carrier aggregation, MIMO, etc. Don't know if that would make any difference. Don't really care either. 2-4 is enough to get the job done. I started in telcom with a battery powered 300 bps modem. This is much better.

If AT&T wants to compete with MetroPCS, they know what they can do. It's just a change of a few lines of rules in the routers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast