Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Will Cricket drop speed cap?

Feedback Score

Will Cricket drop speed cap?

It seems like over the last year or so Cricket has changed a bunch of things for the better (getting rid of 3rd party proxy servers, VoLTE, Wifi Calling, adding more data) however we still have the 8mbps/4mbps speed cap. What do you think the chance of cricket getting rid of (or maybe increasing) the cap in the (near) future?

Feedback Score
    no...........

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sporez View Post
    It seems like over the last year or so Cricket has changed a bunch of things for the better (getting rid of 3rd party proxy servers, VoLTE, Wifi Calling, adding more data) however we still have the 8mbps/4mbps speed cap. What do you think the chance of cricket getting rid of (or maybe increasing) the cap in the (near) future?
    Lifting the speed cap would siphoned higher paying customers from ATT post and prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Lifting the speed cap would siphoned higher paying customers from ATT post and prepaid.
    The same could be said for offering other features such as VoLTE and Wifi calling which AT&T Prepaid doesn't have.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Not likely at all. The trend by most carriers is to cap speeds. Majority of people only need 8mbps or less for their mobile needs.

Feedback Score
    I'd rather see them add free hotspot like At&t and Verizon Prepaid.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They actually seem to be moving in the other direction. More and more incentives to go to lower speed plans (i.e. 3MB). Figure at some point they will either increase prices on the 8MB plans or simply drop them.

Feedback Score
    Why would they, this is a bargain offering. They might increase it some when 5G becomes a thing perhaps, but it will never be uncapped.

Feedback Score
    They should have never lowered it from 8MBps in the first place. 8 was fine, but it is ridiculous to castrate an already castrated plan to 3Mbps.

Feedback Score
    They should make the unlimited plan at least 5mbps, now that would be awesome

Feedback Score
    The same could be said for offering other features such as VoLTE and Wifi calling which AT&T Prepaid doesn't have.
    Most people care about speed over anything so no.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    They should have never lowered it from 8MBps in the first place. 8 was fine, but it is ridiculous to castrate an already castrated plan to 3Mbps.
    You do know that the unlimited Max plan speed is 8mbps right?

Sent from my moto g(6) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoOnion View Post
    Most people care about speed over anything so no.
    I have AT&T postpaid. I’d rather not see pre-paid like cricket get above 8 MB a second. That would devalue my plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    So I've got both Cricket 3 Mb and metro which will typically speedtest at least 6Mb upward. In reality with browsing, I don't notice any significant difference in page load times. With lengthy downloads, yes there is some Difference but imo not enough to get excited about. The thing i do notice is better coverage with cricket.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    So I've got both Cricket 3 Mb and metro which will typically speedtest at least 6Mb upward. In reality with browsing, I don't notice any significant difference in page load times. With lengthy downloads, yes there is some Difference but imo not enough to get excited about. The thing i do notice is better coverage with cricket.
    For page loads you won't see much, if any, difference between 3Mb/s, 8Mb/s, or 20Mb/s. For downloading or uploading large quantities of large files, such as photos and videos, you would notice the difference. I can't see AT&T dropping the speed cap because they don't want to make prepaid more attractive than postpaid.

Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast