Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Will Cricket drop speed cap?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    At some point they will have to if they want to compete. People were willing to put up with the speed caps because Cricket had the superior nationwide network. Now that reports are saying that the T-Mobile Sprint merger is more likely to go through, one will be able to argue that they won't have the better nationwide network, their prices may be higher and they would admittedly be offering slower service. For me, I honestly notice the difference when I have faster speed and slower speed with things such as my page loads, how my GPS works, search results and other things that I see work faster when I have faster internet. To each his own. If someone wants to pay for slower internet because they feel it will be more stable, that's good for them. For me and what I need data for, speed caps are a no go.
    Here in Chicago MetroPCS is wayyyyy better than cricket and boost. T-Mobile don't need sprint sprint needs T-Mobile and odds are the fcc will block it just like they did the att T-Mobile merger. The government made it clear they want 4 carriers.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenghost2212 View Post
    Here in Chicago MetroPCS is wayyyyy better than cricket and boost. T-Mobile don't need sprint sprint needs T-Mobile and odds are the fcc will block it just like they did the att T-Mobile merger. The government made it clear they want 4 carriers.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
    The odds are currently at 90% that it will come to pass. https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...for-conditions
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    8 MBS is plenty fast. I'm not playing heavy multiplayer games like ps4"..... I would like however hotspot

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    8 MBS is plenty fast. I'm not playing heavy multiplayer games like ps4"..... I would like however hotspot
    You don’t need 8mbps to play ps4 online. You can get by with 1mbps up and down without lagging. More upload would be more beneficial if you’re hosting a game session, but that’s about it.

Feedback Score
    8 Mbps is plenty fast for most uses. Most people who are not cell-geeks have no idea what Mbps they are getting. They touch an icon and it works (or not).

We have a postpaid AT&T phone, a postpaid hotspot, and a phone with Tracfone-AT&T. They all get the same speed around here and that is 2-8 Mbps. Cricket's 8 Mbps throttle would not make a bit of difference.

About all lifting the Cricket data speed cap would accomplish is allowing a few cell-geeks to get more gratifying speed tests. That is worth about a bucket of warm spit.

JMHO, YMMV

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    8 Mbps is plenty fast for most uses. Most people who are not cell-geeks have no idea what Mbps they are getting. They touch an icon and it works (or not).

We have a postpaid AT&T phone, a postpaid hotspot, and a phone with Tracfone-AT&T. They all get the same speed around here and that is 2-8 Mbps. Cricket's 8 Mbps throttle would not make a bit of difference.

About all lifting the Cricket data speed cap would accomplish is allowing a few cell-geeks to get more gratifying speed tests. That is worth about a bucket of warm spit.

JMHO, YMMV
    I actually find the speed cap being lifted a refreshing move from cricket.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Feedback Score
    I have never been a customer of Cricket Wireless, but I don't like the reviews about Cricket internet service in the web. It seems that it's slow and overpriced!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cutie_11 View Post
    I have never been a customer of Cricket Wireless, but I don't like the reviews about Cricket internet service in the web. It seems that it's slow and overpriced!
    Those people are probably in a bad AT&T area or have some other issues going on with their hardware or setup. Cricket is AT&T and if they are good in your area then cricket is mostly good. Pricing is also a pretty great value (especially with groups).

Feedback Score
    I need some fresh ChazMat to bring in some steak to burger comparisons on 8 vs 3 mbps lol

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    I need some fresh ChazMat to bring in some steak to burger comparisons on 8 vs 3 mbps lol
    Sometimes only A5 Wagyu beef will do.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5