Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans (QC $56 Plan as of Aug. 19, 2018)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Koodo has apparently closed the QC loophole as you can no longer access the old interface for changing phone numbers to an out of province number. Without this key step, you can’t switch to a QC plan.

Unless you get a QC phone number when signing up in store (which usually won’t fly without proof of QC residence), the ride is over!

Feedback Score
    Wanted to make the switch to 16GB / $65 from my current 10GB / $56 plan using this trick. Have done this a few times now every time I see a better deal. Opened a new line today, asked for the cheapest plan (since I'd just be switching it anyway). APPARENTLY, to get that plan, they had to put me on the second cheapest plan, then switch me down to the cheapest one — I don't know why.

Anyway, I go home later and successfully change my number to a QC number on that line. But when I look at how long it'll be to change my plan (typically less than a week, the past few times I've done the trick for myself and others), I'm told "You've already changed your plan this billing cycle. Come back to change your plan after your new billing cycle starts on September 18, 2019." A whole month! I'm assuming because they had to do that completely unnecessary maneuvering to get me on the cheapest plan, and that used up my plan witching this cycle.

So, do we think that plan will still be around come next month? It is a promotional deal, after all. Should I risk waiting a month to switch it myself?

OR, should I risk calling Koodo tomorrow and playing dumb, saying "I don't know why it would say I've already switched", hoping they can switch my already QC number to the 16GB plan ASAP, but risk them seeing my existing ON number using a QC plan? (Would they even recognize that?)

OR, should I say **** it, cancel the line I just opened, and go back tomorrow to open another line, but on a plan they won't need to make the switcheroo for? That way I can preform this trick as normal.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ddsdude View Post
    Koodo has apparently closed the QC loophole as you can no longer access the old interface for changing phone numbers to an out of province number. Without this key step, you can’t switch to a QC plan.

Unless you get a QC phone number when signing up in store (which usually won’t fly without proof of QC residence), the ride is over!
    it can still be done, nothing blocked changed, fallow my first post in this thread.

Feedback Score
    The loophole will always be possible in one way or another because this company is incompetent.

Feedback Score
    Just activated a new line to do the QC plan trick, changed my bc number to a qc number no problem, but it lined up the billing period with the line i already have on the account and now i gotta wait a month for the billing cycle to restart.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    The loophole will always be possible in one way or another because this company is incompetent.
    This is so true!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

NEW FOR STEP 4

4) On the 1st Day of your billing cycle, change your plan (Click on Overview -> Track your repair -> Change Number)

Feedback Score
    I was playing around on the site and it gave me a message that to change to another province I must call Koodo. This was just a test...so not sure if the fix is still in or not?

Feedback Score
    I have two lines with Freedom and want to move them to Koodo OOP. Can I do it in same self-serve account or should I use different accounts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nayhat View Post
    I have two lines with Freedom and want to move them to Koodo OOP. Can I do it in same self-serve account or should I use different accounts?
    You should be able to pull it off in one account. I would think two is best because if they take action you will have only one affected line. Never put all eggs into one basket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    You should be able to pull it off in one account. I would think two is best because if they take action you will have only one affected line. Never put all eggs into one basket.
    Thanks. I got two lines with two different accounts. I was able to change one of my account to QC number. But other account doesn't let me do it. I get an error saying "An error has occurred. Please refresh the page or try again later." I tried cleaning cache and other browsers, but it didn't work.

Does anyone had a problem like that?

Feedback Score
    Never mind, it is working now.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16