Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans (QC $56 Plan as of Aug. 19, 2018)

Feedback Score
    Wondering if this will all work. I'm currently with Virgin Mobile but looking to pre-order the Mate 20 Pro through Koodo.
    My GF is already with Koodo so she want's me to use her refer a friend thing.
    So my question is, am I able to do the refer a friend, pre-order the phone, do the QC 56 loophole but in the end still keeping my current phone number?
    Just not sure how to go about it, thanks guys!

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luminatx View Post
    Wondering if this will all work. I'm currently with Virgin Mobile but looking to pre-order the Mate 20 Pro through Koodo.
    My GF is already with Koodo so she want's me to use her refer a friend thing.
    So my question is, am I able to do the refer a friend, pre-order the phone, do the QC 56 loophole but in the end still keeping my current phone number?
    Just not sure how to go about it, thanks guys!
    Yes, it should work. Use your GF's referral to open a new Koodo line with a local plan in your province with SIM card only (BYOD). Once you register in the Self Serve, go ahead and pre-order the phone. Just to be safe, wait for the phone to arrive. Then change the Koodo number to QC, wait for the next billing cycle and change the plan to $56 QC. Then port your Virgin number the next day.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Public, Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    So either this Walmart employee never got the memo about the policy or maybe you have no clue what you're talking about again. I'm leaning towards the latter.
    You just shot yourself in the foot here (although congrat on actually responding to the 3rd post, no answer on the prev 2?)

They are not Walmart employees (heck even store will tell you that)
    And policy is set by head office

Although to your exact example he sounds new and will prob get in crap for doing that activation
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    You just shot yourself in the foot here (although congrat on actually responding to the 3rd post, no answer on the prev 2?)

They are not Walmart employees (heck even store will tell you that)
    And policy is set by head office

Although to your exact example he sounds new and will prob get in crap for doing that activation
    Ok so he's a Koodo employee. I bet nothing will happen to him. Since I'm with Telus now, I can easily find out if he gets any kind of reprimand.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes, it should work. Use your GF's referral to open a new Koodo line with a local plan in your province with SIM card only (BYOD). Once you register in the Self Serve, go ahead and pre-order the phone. Just to be safe, wait for the phone to arrive. Then change the Koodo number to QC, wait for the next billing cycle and change the plan to $56 QC. Then port your Virgin number the next day.
    My next question is do you think the black friday deals coming up are going to be better than the QC plan?
    or will there be QC black friday deals that I could access online?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Public, Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Ok so he's a Koodo employee. I bet nothing will happen to him. Since I'm with Telus now, I can easily find out if he gets any kind of reprimand.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    He should not be a Koodo employee either if he is inside a Walmart

Maybe you should try asking them next time? (although if you actually work "with" Telus you really should know this already...)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5