Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans (QC $56 Plan as of Aug. 19, 2018)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G [s] 16GB white
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers-Canada's Wireless Leader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaica168 View Post
    It still works. When you want to change the number to a Quebec one go into your mobile services in self serve and pick transfer your number. This will take you to the old interface where you will instead change the number to a QC on without calling Koodo.

Sent from my SM-G960W using HoFo mobile app
    I went to:
    Mobile Services > Manage Your Phone Number > Find a New Number > Moving to another province and then I get prompted for the call back. I can't find another way to action it.
    Apple: iPhone 2g 8GB x2, iPhone 3G 16GB x2, iPhone 16GB 3G [s] iPhone 32GB 3G [s] CURRENT
    SE W910i x2, SE W610i, SEW810i x3, SE W580i, SE Z710i, SE K750i, w200a, w600i, k790a, K550i
    BB Pearl, BB Curve, BB 8110, BB Storm 9530
    Samsung D807, u600 x2
    Nokia 6820, 3220, E71
    LG TU500, LG TG800, LG VU TU915
    Moto Razr V9, RAZR V3i x2, V3x, V3xx, V3 x2, Moto A780, RIZR Z3
    HTC Touch x3, HTC s710, HTC S621 x2, Fuze, Dream

1,000th post - Jan 14th, 2009. 11:20pm

HoFo Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coop3422 View Post
    I went to:
    Mobile Services > Manage Your Phone Number > Find a New Number > Moving to another province and then I get prompted for the call back. I can't find another way to action it.
    No, pick transfer your number (instead of find a new number). Once you are in the old interface you will get 2 separate options again. There you can pick the option to change number and pick a different province.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaica168 View Post
    No, pick transfer your number (instead of find a new number). Once you are in the old interface you will get 2 separate options again. There you can pick the option to change number and pick a different province.

Ha, genius! Thank you sir, just changed to a Montreal number. Self Serve says my new billing cycle is Jan 10th so I'll change my plan that day, port my AB number in 24 hours later and should be in business. Thanks for the clarification!

Feedback Score
    After reading various threads about accessing QC plans I haven't come across my scenario. I'm wondering if I have a Montreal mailing address, can I set up a plan/phone to that address and port in my out of province (NS) number after the fact without losing the Montreal plan? Are there certain timelines I have to work within?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amelvin View Post
    After reading various threads about accessing QC plans I haven't come across my scenario. I'm wondering if I have a Montreal mailing address, can I set up a plan/phone to that address and port in my out of province (NS) number after the fact without losing the Montreal plan? Are there certain timelines I have to work within?
    If you have a government ID, like driver's license, with a Montreal address, in theory Koodo store should be able to give you a line with QC number and plan. But it has to be done in person at a Koodo retail location. Then you should be able to port your NS number right away.

But there is no guarantee it would actually work.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    Tried all the above steps. Cannot seem to get to the old "website". Keeps saying I'm from NS and I do not get the option:

(Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number)

I'm a bit of a Newb, sorry if I am missing anything.

Feedback Score

Koodo Quebec Plans from Out of Province

Quote Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    QC $56 Plan (as of Aug. 19, 2018)
    - Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
    - Unlimited Canada-wide & international messaging (text & picture)
    - Call Display
    - Voicemail
    - Call Waiting
    - Conference Calling
    - 10GB Data ($7/100MB for overage)
    - $56/Month plus taxes

Steps:
    1) Visit a Store / Kiosk and sign up for cheapest in province Month-to-Month (Post-Paid) plan getting a local #
    2) Sign up for an online Self-Serve account using the same email address provided at sign up.
    3) Once logged in change to a Quebec (QC) number (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number) then wait until the next billing cycle (usually 4-10 Days – you can check online in your account)
    4) On the 1st Day of your billing cycle, change your plan (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Change my plan)
    5) Wait 24 hours**, Port - In your #. (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number)

** Waiting 24 hours after changing your plan to port in your # saves you from getting double-billed
    If this happens the system will automatically adjust it the NEXT month.

*To view specific provincial plans you must select it in the upper right of the website.

What’s required to port in?
    - Account #
    - PIN
    - Full name of account

How long does a port in process take?
    - 5 min to 24 hrs
    Tried all the above from NS.

Do not get the option to :

Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number

Any Help/Guidance would be most appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    QC $56 Plan (as of Aug. 19, 2018)
    - Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
    - Unlimited Canada-wide & international messaging (text & picture)
    - Call Display
    - Voicemail
    - Call Waiting
    - Conference Calling
    - 10GB Data ($7/100MB for overage)
    - $56/Month plus taxes

Steps:
    1) Visit a Store / Kiosk and sign up for cheapest in province Month-to-Month (Post-Paid) plan getting a local #
    2) Sign up for an online Self-Serve account using the same email address provided at sign up.
    3) Once logged in change to a Quebec (QC) number (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number) then wait until the next billing cycle (usually 4-10 Days – you can check online in your account)
    4) On the 1st Day of your billing cycle, change your plan (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Change my plan)
    5) Wait 24 hours**, Port - In your #. (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number)

** Waiting 24 hours after changing your plan to port in your # saves you from getting double-billed
    If this happens the system will automatically adjust it the NEXT month.

*To view specific provincial plans you must select it in the upper right of the website.

What’s required to port in?
    - Account #
    - PIN
    - Full name of account

How long does a port in process take?
    - 5 min to 24 hrs
    Cannot seem to get to the old interface website...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by csny13 View Post
    Tried all the above steps. Cannot seem to get to the old "website". Keeps saying I'm from NS and I do not get the option:

(Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number)

I'm a bit of a Newb, sorry if I am missing anything.
    It can only be done in AB, BC or ON. In your case what you need is a prepaid SIM from Koodo. When you register it in Self Serve you will have the option of choosing your number and you can select a number from QC. Then you port this QC number on top of your postpaid line with NS number. Make sure to use a completely different email address to register your prepaid SIM. Once that's done you will have a postpaid line with QC number and you can change to QC plan.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I get to switch my plan tomorrow, and port my number Friday. I'm probably more excited than I should be lol.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Lol, you should be.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    With the prepaid plan and post paid plan process. As a new customer can I bring my own devise without issue (I'm assuming yes, but they may wonder why I want a new local NS phone number?)? If in 2 months time I want to upgrade my devise, will I run into problems having a QC plan in NS?

Feedback Score
    Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet but I think this plan is no longer available with 10gb of data, it’s only available with 8gb now. I went ahead and got the $66/10gb plan because I missed being on Koodo and I can not live without my 10gb of data.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knight_604 View Post
    Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet but I think this plan is no longer available with 10gb of data, it’s only available with 8gb now. I went ahead and got the $66/10gb plan because I missed being on Koodo and I can not live without my 10gb of data.
    Koodo QC website now shows $56/8GB, $66/10GB, and $76/12GB on the BYOD plan and all Tab plans.

TELUS: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 15+10 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
    chatr: $60 Unlimited In-zone Talk, Text and Data (20 GB at 3G speed)

Feedback Score
    I gotta an offer via text for an add-on $10/3GB or $15/10GB and I have the 5GB SKMB plan for $48 so I am thinking of adding that so it will be $63/15GB, I don’t think this can be beaten so I will probably get that added...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast