Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans (QC $56 Plan as of Aug. 19, 2018)

Feedback Score
    I transfered a bell phone number from bell to fido then to Koodo because I was unable to port directly to Koodo. I did transfer **** 8 hours ago. The phone calls out with the new number but when someone tries to call it it says "the customer you are calling is unavailable at the moment, please try again later. I restarted the phone. Any idea why it's happening?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Port is stuck. Call customer service and they will escalate it to porting team

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    I'm on the QC plan now. Can I call customer service without losing it?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is a risk, but they may not pay attention to your plan.

Feedback Score
    Is there a way to port the number out? If I port the number out the plan gets instantly cancelled, right?

What would be the best number to call?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since port is stuck, you will have issues porting out.

Basically you have no choice. You have to call in to get it resolved. If they change your plan, port out and start over.

Feedback Score
    Just in the process of waiting for the port to be permitted to my account. It is saying 90 days. I am wondering, my billing period starts at the start of next month. Will I have to wait until then to be able to port my number? Will there by any problems with my account since I got it from the online portal along with a phone?

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey everyone. I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me as I'm slightly confused on the timings to do plan changes and number port-ins

Steps:
    1) Visit a Store / Kiosk and sign up for cheapest in province Month-to-Month (Post-Paid) plan getting a local #
    I signed up online for a plan, waiting for my SIM card to arrive

2) Sign up for an online Self-Serve account using the same email address provided at sign up.
    easy enough

3) Once logged in change to a Quebec (QC) number (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number) then wait until the next billing cycle (usually 4-10 Days – you can check online in your account)
    So I can do this once I get my SIM card and before my billing cycle? (which should be a few days after plan activation usually)

4) On the 1st Day of your billing cycle, change your plan (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Change my plan)
    Easy enough, change rate plan to QC $56/10GB plan

5) Wait 24 hours**, Port - In your #. (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number)
    So I can do this during the SAME billing cycle after I change the rate plan? (I don't have to wait a full billing cycle to port in my existing number?

So essentially this should work:

Get new account -> Change # to QC number -> 4-10 Days later(new billing cycle) -> Change plan to QC plan -> 24 hours later port in ON number

I know it all seems simple enough, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. I managed to get a promo code for the $60/10GB plan, but if I can switch to the QC plan for $4 less that's even better!

Feedback Score

Update

Quote Originally Posted by Chulojay View Post
    Today is the first day of the billing cycle and i keep getting this when trying to access change my Voicemail password or Bring my phone number over ( port ) in conclusion i cant access the old site with options...
    I i can confirm its happening on several accounts i have access too not just mine..

I guess i'll wait till the next day as per instructions...
    This was happening to me on two separate accounts how ever after a the third day of my billing cycle it go resolved I was able to see the old screen...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13