Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans (QC $56 Plan as of Aug. 19, 2018)

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Post Koodo Out of Province Plans (QC $56 Plan as of Aug. 19, 2018)

QC $56 Plan (as of Aug. 19, 2018)
    - Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
    - Unlimited Canada-wide & international messaging (text & picture)
    - Call Display
    - Voicemail
    - Call Waiting
    - Conference Calling
    - 10GB Data ($7/100MB for overage)
    - $56/Month plus taxes

Steps:
    1) Visit a Store / Kiosk and sign up for cheapest in province Month-to-Month (Post-Paid) plan getting a local #
    2) Sign up for an online Self-Serve account using the same email address provided at sign up.
    3) Once logged in change to a Quebec (QC) number (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number) then wait until the next billing cycle (usually 4-10 Days – you can check online in your account)
    4) On the 1st Day of your billing cycle, change your plan (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Change my plan)
    5) Wait 24 hours**, Port - In your #. (Click on Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number)

** Waiting 24 hours after changing your plan to port in your # saves you from getting double-billed
    If this happens the system will automatically adjust it the NEXT month.

*To view specific provincial plans you must select it in the upper right of the website.

What’s required to port in?
    - Account #
    - PIN
    - Full name of account

How long does a port in process take?
    - 5 min to 24 hrs
    Last edited by Pir8pete; 08-29-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    -Plan above is the next best thing for ppl like me that will never get the Public Mobile offers because we don't have a Public Mobile #

-I posted this to have all relevant info in one place. I have sign up two of these $56 QC 10G accounts now using this method and know 100% that these are the correct steps when doing changes on the self-serve site.

The new correct path for doing the changes.
    -Overview -> View rate plan -> Transfer your phone number
    -Overview -> View rate plan -> Change my plan
    Last edited by Pir8pete; 08-29-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I have a question about something odd when I signed an account using the online method;

For my gf, I signed her up online Aug 19th and received the email "Order Confirmation" that same day. Then finally on Aug 27th the "Order Shipment Confirmation" email for the sim showed up saying it was on route and here's the tracking. (6 business days)
    Then the next day on Aug 28th the "Confirming Your Activation" email showed up which is now (7 business days) telling me the account was good to go giving a phone # they randomly generated with the account number. I then was able to created her self-serve account and did the first step changing to a QC number.

My gf's account says her billing cycle is Sept 25, that's almost a month away, what the hell happened? Now she has to wait almost a month?, whata piss off!!! Hope they don't remove this deal by then

For the next account (mine) on Aug. 27 I went to a Koodo Kiosk as I didn't want to wait and I was charged $30, so whatever. whats a one time $30 fee.
    The same day I signed up for self-serve and changed to a QC number and my billing cycle is in 10 calendar days, OK great!

I would just visit a Kiosk and be done with it, unless you have a bad case of the "no-money-syndrome" then sure.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    -Plan above is the next best thing for ppl like me that will never get the Public Mobile offers because we don't have a Public Mobile #
    Walk into Walmart
    Spend $10 get a basic plan & SIM card (if you have a friend refer them as well they get $25 Public credit)

Go to a different store and activate Koodo $40 / 8GB
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Walk into Walmart
    Spend $10 get a basic plan & SIM card (if you have a friend refer them as well they get $25 Public credit)

So I go to any Walmart here in Ottawa, Canada get a basic Public Mobile plan & sim for $10 bucks and refer my gf and we both get $25 credit? Then go to another Walmart right after and get them to switch to that Koodo $40 / 8GB plan?

-Could they use the code KOODOAAL2GB to give an extra 2GB of data?
    -Could they use the two accounts we have just made with koodo? or would I need to cancel them?

Also would you know why her koodo account's bill cycle would be that far out? doesn't make any sense!

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My gf's account says her billing cycle is Sept 25, that's almost a month away, what the hell happened? Now she has to wait almost a month?, whata piss off!!! Hope they don't remove this deal by then
    It happened before. I remember someone else on this forum complaining about the same thing. There is no explanation for this other than their billing system is glitchy. Nothing you can do about that.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Does this mean anything where it says Expires as this matches my billing date, so I was thinking on her account it says Sept 7th that would be her billing date, and maybe the above date of the 25th is an error?

gf's Account

My Account

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you want to see when current billing cycle ends, click on View Usage in Self Serve. That is the correct date.

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    Walk into Walmart

This won't work as far as I am aware - not all Public numbers are eligible for the $40/8GB Plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Walk into Walmart

yeah man I went in and asked them they said I need to text offer to a number to check otherwise they can't do it. So my org thought of doing the loophole deal is still better for the ppl in the same boat as me.

Loopholes are still 2018 sorry man just had to say it!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    So I got the gf to cancel her account and i'll just get her to go into the Kiosk and pay the $30 and it should switch to a better billing cycle. Were not waiting 30 days WTF
    Last edited by Pir8pete; 08-29-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So I got the gf to cancel her account and i'll just get her to go into the Kiosk and pay the $30 and it should switch to a better billing cycle. Were not waiting 30 days WTF
    Yes, that's the best course of action in your case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yeah man I went in and asked them they said I need to text offer to a number to check otherwise they can't do it. So my org thought of doing the loophole deal is still better for the ppl in the same boat as me.

Loopholes are still 2018 sorry man just had to say it!!!
    Word of advice. Do not pay attention to whatever Mr.Peppermint is suggesting.

He has been caught giving incorrect or misleading advice on this forum many times.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TadMorose; 08-30-2018 at 08:17 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    canceled the gf's account and today we went into the Kiosk and she sign up for another account and this time the billing cycle is Sept 8th, much better.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    -Could they use the code KOODOAAL2GB to give an extra 2GB of data?
    AAL = add a line, eg 2+ phones on account so doubtful could get with a single line (ask I suppose?)
    -Could they use the two accounts we have just made with koodo? or would I need to cancel them?
    No issue to link accounts on Koodo through self serve

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast