Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans (QC $56 Plan as of Aug. 19, 2018)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just for those who are following, was able to get the quebec 10GB/$56 plan while not in quebec. This was with even buying my device online. I did have to wait a full 30 days for the next billing cycle. YMMV.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson T616
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Question: when upgrading phones, if your plan does not meet the requirements of your current number's province, does it block the online tab checkout? my province is $80 for large to extra extra large tab. When I choose a phone and choose extra extra large tab, the next page has an error message at the top which says an illegal choice has been submitted, please contact the administrator. When I clear that request, and add another phone but this time choosing anywhere from small to extra large, there is no error message on the next page. Does it mean the upgrade will go through if I submit the form? will the account get flagged for upgrade requests done through self serve?

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So is the process still taking 14 days or 30 days?

Anyone completed this start to finish recently?
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $60/15GB+1GB Bonus Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    So is the process still taking 14 days or 30 days?

Anyone completed this start to finish recently?
    I activated yesterday and it said my next billing cycle would start today. Woke up this morning and changed my plan to $56 10gb with issues.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did you change to QC # yesterday? and port your new # today?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson T616
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For me the wait was for changing the plan which needed to be done on next billing cycle so depending when you signed up the wait could be short or long. My wait time to billing cycle was 10 days.

So signing up the cheapest plan for my province, after sim arrived and I activated, was able to go through the track my repair to change to Quebec number (0 day wait). From there when I tried to change plan to the 56/10gb plan I get error message that I needed to wait till next billing cycle (10 days). There's no bug to get around this as I tried changing plans daily and each day the same message with the daily counter counting down appropriately. At midnight of the billing cycle change, I was able to log on and successfully change my plan to the 56/10gb plan. The post on here recommended to wait a full 24h after plan switch before porting your real number over to prevent getting double billed (which gets resolved in on the next bill anyways). So since I was impatient and the double billing gets resolved on its own anyways I ported my number right over within minutes of the plan change. The only wait time was waiting for the sim to arrive (overnight for me) and to change to Quebec plan (10 days) there's really no point in doing the first step in person and lose 35 bucks in activation fees since u have to wait for next billing cycle anyways (unless your transaction date is literally 1-3 days before billing cycle date)

Not sure how it works because it seems people are getting varying wait times for the next billing cycle which makes me think it's determined on the day you sign up for the account (step 1)

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by st165 View Post
    For me the wait was for changing the plan which needed to be done on next billing cycle so depending when you signed up the wait could be short or long. My wait time to billing cycle was 10 days.

So signing up the cheapest plan for my province, after sim arrived and I activated, was able to go through the track my repair to change to Quebec number (0 day wait). From there when I tried to change plan to the 56/10gb plan I get error message that I needed to wait till next billing cycle (10 days). There's no bug to get around this as I tried changing plans daily and each day the same message with the daily counter counting down appropriately. At midnight of the billing cycle change, I was able to log on and successfully change my plan to the 56/10gb plan. The post on here recommended to wait a full 24h after plan switch before porting your real number over to prevent getting double billed (which gets resolved in on the next bill anyways). So since I was impatient and the double billing gets resolved on its own anyways I ported my number right over within minutes of the plan change. The only wait time was waiting for the sim to arrive (overnight for me) and to change to Quebec plan (10 days) there's really no point in doing the first step in person and lose 35 bucks in activation fees since u have to wait for next billing cycle anyways (unless your transaction date is literally 1-3 days before billing cycle date)

Not sure how it works because it seems people are getting varying wait times for the next billing cycle which makes me think it's determined on the day you sign up for the account (step 1)

you got lucky, ive seen most times online activation results in billing cycle being almost a month away vs in store 1-14 days

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson T616
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    you got lucky, ive seen most times online activation results in billing cycle being almost a month away vs in store 1-14 days
    i think it all depends on the date you signed up. i'm thinking it's possible for the in store activation to have the billing cycle being a month away as well.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Haven't seen it to be the case, and I've helped lots of family and friends, who have signed up on Koodo over the years, this isn't new, been part of the scene since 2012

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14