Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51

Thread: Annoyance with sub average coverage-II

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,063
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    It's almost worth getting banned to tell people like you how tired we are of the TMobile attacks, but I'll be nice about it since I've grown up quite a bit.

    You seem to really have an agenda to prove to people how crappy TMobile is and it's getting really old.

    Nobody wants to hear it when it comes in the form of trying to convince people as you like to do. Relaying information and experience is fine but a few of you take it too far.
    On top of that it makes being on the boards a poor experience for others, especially if they are looking for unbiased information

    You, LTE, and Plane need to grow up instead of making these boards dreadful to come to even if it's just to read. Forget about posting at that point, it's too draining

    Everyone has their moments where they act like 10 year olds, we all do but it's time to grow up and show more respect to people that may enjoy TMobile or any other carrier
    Please respond with facts and logic, not with personal attacks. Fact free attacks degrade the forums.

    I suggest that you read this book https://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Ninja.../dp/1579512208 which will help you formulate coherent responses that will be respected.

    Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    1,623
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    Seriously? this is just baiting another argument. The reason the original was moved/deleted is because it got out of hand. I cannot see this thread going any different and I hope it will be shut down also.
    I hate to say it but this thread did exactly what I thought it would do

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,063
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    I hate to say it but this thread did exactly what I thought it would do
    Please respond with facts and logic, not with personal attacks. Fact free attacks degrade the forums.

    I suggest that you read this book https://www.amazon.com/Citizen...a-S.../dp/1579512208 which will help you formulate coherent responses that will be respected.

    Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app

    Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    179
    Feedback Score
    0
    Let's get things on track

    Anyone noticed better rural coverage from T-Mobile lately? If so where at? I've noticed more band 71 in parts of Wyoming

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    1,048
    Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Let's get things on track

    Anyone noticed better rural coverage from T-Mobile lately? If so where at? I've noticed more band 71 in parts of Wyoming
    Yes actually, one spot on route 30 between Townshend and Newfane, pick up Band 12 signal from...I really have no idea where since there is no towers in sight at all, AT&T loses signal or has 1 bar of 4G that stays on FACH and can't connect to data. I actually can't check for Band 71, but T-Mobile isn't too bad in Vermont if you stick to populated areas, from what I've seen, about on par with Verizon and us cellular. But I will say that AT&T is the coverage king anyway, they cover more geographic area than any carrier in the state. It'll vary from state to state and stuff so I'm sure T-Mobile probably outperforms the others in some states, perhaps even in coverage, but it's usually speed they're good at. Which is because they have less customers on the network, so more bandwidth to spare per person.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    556
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Yes actually, one spot on route 30 between Townshend and Newfane, pick up Band 12 signal from...I really have no idea where since there is no towers in sight at all, AT&T loses signal or has 1 bar of 4G that stays on FACH and can't connect to data. I actually can't check for Band 71, but T-Mobile isn't too bad in Vermont

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'll be driving that way in a month. And I have a band 71 phone. Last time I was there, coverage was bad. More accurately, non-existent. And I had a band 12 phone.

    I'll be going to Jamaica, so I'll pass thru Newfane etc.

    They've owned spectrum in all their bands there for a long time, but that does no good if they don't install antennas on any towers.


    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    407
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    Please respond with facts and logic, not with personal attacks. Fact free attacks degrade the forums.

    I suggest that you read this book https://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Ninja.../dp/1579512208 which will help you formulate coherent responses that will be respected.

    Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app
    No attacks it's just people are sick of your TMobile bashing. You need to grow up

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    358
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    I have used T-Mobile postpaid. I still have a prepaid T-Mobile account. Hopefully this forum will not become a venue where people come to reassure each other how great a company is, and accuse anyone that points out legitimate issues of being some kind of paid shill, or employee of some other company. As soon as the dialogue deteriorates to that level it's pretty clear who has lost any debate.

    Equally ridiculous are those that insist that since T-Mobile is adding new customers that the product must be amazingly good, while they ignore the very high churn rate. In fact, all four national carriers added customers in the most recent quarter. But more to the point, the relative numbers of net additions are not reflective of the quality of service. Verizon has steadfastly refused to get into price wars, willingly ceding price-sensitive customers to the competition. Verizon subscribes to the oil company definition of supply and demand, "We have all the supply so we can demand whatever the %^&# we want!
    Couldn't be any further from the truth
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    1,048
    Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Theres no point to this thread, if you have such problems with any carrier, be it speed, coverage or disatisfaction with CS or to expensive, whatever, then switch carriers or go prepaid or MVNO, whatever who cares. If I had such problems with AT&T I would switch, but I don't because they are the best for me in my area, that's not true everywhere, some people may have great tmobile service where they live and work, some have Verizon or sprint etc. The point is, use what works for you and don't listen to any one person that says otherwise unless you are having problems, do your own research first, check the maps, look ok? Next ask around who has what, do they confirm good experience on the carrie you're looking to switch to? Next is either get a prepaid or mvno account and test the network for yourself and if you need to, also compare what you have on your current carrier vs the one you want to switch too. If that's good enough for you then you can go ahead and switch, simple as that. The testing the network is crucial because no matter what people say, whether their signal is good, does not mean that the speed, and call quality is good also.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    358
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Theres no point to this thread, if you have such problems with any carrier, be it speed, coverage or disatisfaction with CS or to expensive, whatever, then switch carriers or go prepaid or MVNO, whatever who cares. If I had such problems with AT&T I would switch, but I don't because they are the best for me in my area, that's not true everywhere, some people may have great tmobile service where they live and work, some have Verizon or sprint etc. The point is, use what works for you and don't listen to any one person that says otherwise unless you are having problems, do your own research first, check the maps, look ok? Next ask around who has what, do they confirm good experience on the carrie you're looking to switch to? Next is either get a prepaid or mvno account and test the network for yourself and if you need to, also compare what you have on your current carrier vs the one you want to switch too. If that's good enough for you then you can go ahead and switch, simple as that. The testing the network is crucial because no matter what people say, whether their signal is good, does not mean that the speed, and call quality is good also.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I agree. This is a waste of a thread and only meant to attack TMobile

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,063
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Theres no point to this thread, if you have such problems with any carrier, be it speed, coverage or disatisfaction with CS or to expensive, whatever, then switch carriers or go prepaid or MVNO, whatever who cares.
    The point is to attempt to educate people so they don't have to keep switching carriers. With any purchase, it makes sense to do research first. What if someone buys an iPhone model that doesn't work with all four carriers then finds out that Verizon or Sprint is best for them? What if they purchase a phone without band 71 and then find that T-Mobile is best for them?

    Forums like this are good because not a lot of people want to start looking at multiple carrier maps in detail and figuring out all the places that they might travel through in the future.

    I love the non-clever, content-free, one-line responses like "Couldn't be any further from the truth" or "You need to grow up" or "I hate to say it but this thread did exactly what I thought it would do" or "I cannot see this thread going any different and I hope it will be shut down also" or "This is a waste of a thread and only meant to attack TMobile." It's like reading Donald Trump tweets complaining that Google doesn't display good stories about him. Surely these posters are capable of more than one-line content-free responses when they see a post that they believe is not accurate.

    Do not get emotionally attached to any wireless phone, cable, or satellite provider. It’s just bizarre to see people promoting a company without any coherent reason, other than some need to validate their own purchasing decision.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    1,048
    Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    The point is to attempt to educate people so they don't have to keep switching carriers.
    Sometimes this is necessary as carriers customer loads change around or another carrier becomes better in said persons area.

    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    What if someone buys an iPhone model that doesn't work with all four carriers then finds out that Verizon or Sprint is best for them?
    I've seen AT&T iPhones active on Verizon. Sprint, can't say I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    Forums like this are good because not a lot of people want to start looking at multiple carrier maps in detail and figuring out all the places that they might travel through in the future.
    that doesn't make sense, carriers deploy towers all the time, so in the future things could change with the coverage in a given area. I wouldn't rely on what other people say about such and such carrier in an area, I would take it with a grain of salt and see it for myself if I was that incapable of looking at a coverage map to gauge my experience, coverage maps can be inaccurate in both no service and having service where the map says theres none, because of new deployments or miscalculations, whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    It's like reading Donald Trump tweets complaining that Google doesn't display good stories about him.
    Please dont bring politics into this discussion.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,063
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Beginning with the iPhone 7, the phones sold by AT&T and T-Mobile have different radios (Intel) that don't support the CDMA carriers. It's best to purchase iPhones directly from Apple if there is no price break from the carrier. Apple also finances.

    It would be senseless for someone to go with a carrier in the hope that sometime in the future, or maybe never, there would be coverage in the areas they want to have coverage. Even odder to ignore the maps, and other people's experiences, and independent surveys and tests, to "see for myself." Most people want to get an idea of how well a product will work BEFORE they buy it, not after. Consumer Reports, Yelp, JD Power, and a plethora of review and research firms may just as well close down.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    1,048
    Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    to "see for myself." Most people want to get an idea of how well a product will work BEFORE they buy it, not after. Consumer Reports, Yelp, JD Power, and a plethora of review and research firms may just as well close down.
    Looks like you missed the part where I said IF I WAS THAT INCAPABLE OF READING A COVERAGE MAP

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,063
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Looks like you missed the part where I said IF I WAS THAT INCAPABLE OF READING A COVERAGE MAP

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I was talking about you specifically.

    Amusingly, in another forum, I posted maps of one area near me and one person instantly insisted that the maps were"old" when in fact they were all current. Then he changed his story to that he didn't trust maps. In fact, had the maps been old, the T-Mobile coverage would have been much better because they used to have AT&T roaming in areas that now show no coverage at all, and these are areas where they are unlikely to ever cover. Sprint roams on Verizon in those areas.

    Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 11:39 PM
  2. For Those Annoyed with the A540's Current Firmware
    By Bonka in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2002, 09:16 PM
  3. what's up with the analog coverage in the metrorail?
    By j'vai in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-03-2002, 02:25 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-23-2002, 09:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks