Thread: How Can I Port out Number of my Tablet Plan?

Feedback Score

How Can I Port out Number of my Tablet Plan?

I currently have a T-Mobile prepaid 200 MB/30 day Free Data for Life plan for an old tablet.

I know the (phone) number of the account.

Will I be able to port out this number? If yes, how can I find the account number and pin?

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Never ported out of TMO but other companies hide your account number. You probably have to call support and ask for account number and have them setup a pin for you. Just be honest, they will give you the info. You may have to answer a few questions and listen to a few offers. I've ported out from a couplt TMO Mvnos and ATT and had to call to get the account numbers.

Feedback Score
    As I recall, the account number for prepaid accounts is the phone number itself. You just give the new company that number and the PIN and they can do the port.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    As I recall, the account number for prepaid accounts is the phone number itself. You just give the new company that number and the PIN and they can do the port.
    I'd try the phone number first (since you should have the PIN from when you set up the account in the email), but these are set up differently than a lot of other T-Mobile products, so if it doesn't work, you may need to call for the account number.

Also, semi-related, T-Mobile seems to be assigning account numbers for prepaid plans set up through the Rebellion billing system, so the phone-number-as-an-account-number maybe be eventually going away.