Thread: att mobley unlimited data $20, contract extension?

Feedback Score

att mobley unlimited data $20, contract extension?

is there a way to extend the contract or get your existing line on a 2 year contract

is there a particular device that offers 2 year contract with upgrade on the Mobley plan.
    tried nighthawk router, it is only with dpp, payment plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would just leave it alone. If you try upgrading you will likely lose this plan. They don’t offer it anymore and some on here have said if you accidentally lose it during an upgrade it’s very hard to get back. If your just looking to get a better device just pay full price and swap SIM cards.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

att mobley unlimited data $20, contract extension?

I agree on leaving it alone. They generally don’t do anything with grandfathered plans as long as there are no upgrades involved. I moved my SIM to the Unite Explore months ago and plan on keeping it that way. My usage is always under 15 GB/mo so I don’t think they care. The Mobley sucks, signal and speed wise. It’s night and day with the UE. I actually use it in my car lol... and it works really well everywhere I go. The device remains in the “cooler” in my car, always plugged in (shuts off when car shuts off) so it’ll never overheat. Goes into idle mode after 5 minutes of walking away from the car and disconnecting from the Wi-Fi. It has been a hot summer here and the device never gets hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Do an alternate upgrade, it’s a data device so if you have an iPad line on your account you can use the Connected Car’s upgrade eligibility on the iPad line and it’ll lock you in on the Mobley line.

I just did this with each of my Connected Car lines, they had the 5th Gen iPad for $0.99 so I transferred each line’s eligibility to the iPad line and got them both under contract. Doesn’t mean much really as they can still discontinue the plan if they want to but it was nice to get them in contract I guess.

If you have no other lines you could risk ordering the new device and calling to request the pending activation be deleted from the system once you receive it but honestly I wouldn’t risk that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Do an alternate upgrade, it’s a data device so if you have an iPad line on your account you can use the Connected Car’s upgrade eligibility on the iPad line and it’ll lock you in on the Mobley line.

I just did this with each of my Connected Car lines, they had the 5th Gen iPad for $0.99 so I transferred each line’s eligibility to the iPad line and got them both under contract. Doesn’t mean much really as they can still discontinue the plan if they want to but it was nice to get them in contract I guess.

If you have no other lines you could risk ordering the new device and calling to request the pending activation be deleted from the system once you receive it but honestly I wouldn’t risk that.
    have a line, no other lines.
    if i put the simcard in an ipad, can i upgrade then and have the 2 year contract.

or any other method you suggest.
    doing the alternate method you did, will have to get an additional line and keep it too, then 2 lines with 2 year contracts, 1 extra

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    have a line, no other lines.
    if i put the simcard in an ipad, can i upgrade then and have the 2 year contract.

or any other method you suggest.
    doing the alternate method you did, will have to get an additional line and keep it too, then 2 lines with 2 year contracts, 1 extra
    The device that is on the line when you go to upgrade makes no difference, it’s all about the plan. It will let you upgrade to whatever you want, but when you go to activate it’s going to require a compatible plan and that’ll bump your CCU plan gone forever. Like I said if you get a rep to delete the pending activation BEFORE you do anything with the new equipment you might slide by.

Example: You use a CCU line to order a Nighthawk, it’ll make you pick another plan (probably the $50/mo 10GB plan) you receive the equipment, before doing anything call into CS, ask them to delete the pending activation, the plan change goes away but the contract stays, you use Nighthawk on the CCU line or sell it or whatever.

Well if you only have one line then the alternate upgrade doesn’t help. I just happen to have two CCU lines and an iPad so it worked out nicely.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The days of contracts on consumer plans/features are long gone. You should have no problem keeping a grandfathered plan unless At& decides to eliminate the plan for all current users. Even so, nothing will guarantee you can keep it forever.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    The days of contracts on consumer plans/features are long gone. You should have no problem keeping a grandfathered plan unless At& decides to eliminate the plan for all current users. Even so, nothing will guarantee you can keep it forever.
    Except they’re not. 13 seconds of time would have shown you that.
    Name:  IMG_1046.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  35.0 KB
    The bar here keeps sinking.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    And yet, the OP wants to extend a contract on a Mobley, not an iPad. Bad example. Try again.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And yet, the OP wants to extend a contract on a Mobley, not an iPad. Bad example. Try again.
    You can easily do that also but I would suggest not touching that plan

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    And if you actually read what I wrote, you would see that’s the exact option I gave him.
    Last edited by veriztd; 09-09-2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Personal insult removed