Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile 600 Mhz now live in 1,250 cities & towns in 36 states plus PR

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile 600 Mhz now live in 1,250 cities & towns in 36 states plus PR

It is so hard to wait for Band 71 in South Florida that will help T-Mobile burn through these steel building better that is my only issue with T-Mobile... T-Mobile is filling in those rural areas with 600 Mhz...

States, cities and towns with 600 Mhz as of Sept 10, 2018.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I can't believe how amazingly fast they are lighting up Band 71 all across the country despite the usual delays that come with repackaging.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I can't believe how amazingly fast they are lighting up Band 71 all across the country despite the usual delays that come with repackaging.
    Just imagine how much faster 600 Mhz deployment would be without all the public hearing with NIMBY people, cities and counties that you didn't have to fight so hard for just five B71 towers?

T-Mobile proposes new towers in Houston, TX with L600 (B71)

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Just imagine how much faster 600 Mhz deployment would be without all the public hearing with NIMBY people, cities and counties that you didn't have to fight so hard for just five B71 towers?

T-Mobile proposes new towers in Houston, TX with L600 (B71)
    Oh definitely! The process isn't always so easy.

Also worth noting: Carrier aggregation is avaialble and working on Band 71 coupled with mid band spectrum so those of us with capable devices can take access the capacity of both.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It is so hard to wait for Band 71 in South Florida that will help T-Mobile burn through these steel building better that is my only issue with T-Mobile... T-Mobile is filling in those rural areas with 600 Mhz...
    You mean the same way that 700 burns through buildings???
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Now I know Mississippi where you live that T-Mobile doesn't own the 700 Mhz except in like two counties. Where I live T-Mobile's 700 Mhz does burn through most buildings since I had T-Mobile before they had 700 Mhz. I had to have my B12 LG G4 repaired and had to use my Non-B12 Nexus 5 for two weeks as the LG got repaired. I was back to standing in the rain and sun with that Nexus 5. Yea, I know you are back to your 600 Mhz upload is on the high side of the 600 Mhz spectrum and the cell phone is always the weakest link debate. What you ignore is with more 600 Mhz blocks in addition to the single block of 700 Mhz means more towers closer to those buildings are going to benefit building penetration since my cell phone is going to be closer to some of those B71 & B12 towers.

With the 15x15 Mhz of 600 Mhz means at least where I live there will be more towers that has Band 71 or B12 typically closer to most people’s cell phones. Time will tell but I expect to see some 600 Mhz in the next few months and I am expecting a big improvement with more towers pushing 600 Mhz. This time with more than just 5x5 Mhz of Band 12 that was easily saturated with little bandwidth for the 1.9 Million people in just my county.

We are going to see a lot more towers with 600 & 700 Mhz that will be punching holes in buildings that will be closer to most customers. T-Mobile's Band 71 and Band 12 has better building penetration than any spectrum that Verizon, AT&T or Sprint has or will have since both are the lowest cell phone bands in frequency of any national network. The only way Verizon or AT&T will be able to penetrate building better is have a cell tower closer to your cell phone because T-Mobile has the lowest spectrum frequency with either B12 and B71 that any frequency the other major networks own.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 09-10-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Feedback Score
    If 600 goes into buildings no better than 700, I might never go back to T-Mobile.

Because before when I had 700 megahertz it wouldn't go into the buildings that I went into and needed coverage... Then the AT&T roaming kicked in. T-Mobile suddenly killed the AT&T roaming which meant nothing inside the buildings. If 600 penetrates or 700 won't go, that would be great.l!

Feedback Score
    They show my city florence SC listed as completed.how can I lock to band 71 on my note 9. Can someone please help

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ......I was back to standing in the rain and sun with that Nexus 5. .......
    We all predicted that when 700 came along, T-Mobile was going to get AT&T or Verizon-like service indoors. It didn't turn out that way. If I had a nickel for every complaint I've seen where someone is upset because they switched from AT&T and now they don't get service inside some building, in a 700 MHz license are, I could afford to drink coffee at Starbucks. The issue is that T-Mobile uses their spectrum differently than AT&T and Verizon. Their "Built for Unlimited" approach is inherently incompatible with burning holes through steel walls or blanketing miles of countryside. Is it better than mid-band? Yes. Is it as good at indoor coverage as AT&T, 'fraid not. Maybe when 600 comes along, T-Mobile will be able to change the parameters of their engineering models. Maybe crank up the power on 700, We'll see.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Also the fact that AT&T has many more in building DAS systems makes for a better coverage experience in large buildings.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Also the fact that AT&T has many more in building DAS systems makes for a better coverage experience in large buildings.
    Which often goes hand-in-hand with having the corporate wireless contract. It becomes a Catch-22.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    We all predicted that when 700 came along, T-Mobile was going to get AT&T or Verizon-like service indoors. It didn't turn out that way. If I had a nickel for every complaint I've seen where someone is upset because they switched from AT&T and now they don't get service inside some building, in a 700 MHz license are, I could afford to drink coffee at Starbucks. The issue is that T-Mobile uses their spectrum differently than AT&T and Verizon. Their "Built for Unlimited" approach is inherently incompatible with burning holes through steel walls or blanketing miles of countryside. Is it better than mid-band? Yes. Is it as good at indoor coverage as AT&T, 'fraid not. Maybe when 600 comes along, T-Mobile will be able to change the parameters of their engineering models. Maybe crank up the power on 700, We'll see.
    My friends all hang out at a large Sports bar Restaurant that is a three year old steel building build to hurricane standards. Their WiFi is always broke. Anyone with T-Mobile can use Google Assistant for voice commands and can stream video. Verizon and AT&T can't stream video and both have outages inside that building as they move away from the outside concrete wall. The steel roof is a faraday cage that absorbs RF. So it is all about who's cell phone is closes to their networks towers. T-Mobile 700 Mhz does burn through buildings.

AT&T and Verizon has a lot more blocks of 700 Mhz spectrum than T-Mobile. T-Mobile had just one single 5x5 block of B12 till B71 started deploying. T-Mobile needed their B12 to penetrate large building but had to lower power or tilt the antenna's such that they could use the same block of B12 just a short distances away on another tower. Because T-Mobile only had one single block of 5x5 Mhz of B12 they had to use it for building penetration but had to shorten the distances to avoid interferences on the next B12 tower to avoid interferences.

I live in a urban jungle of building and concrete with 1.9 million people in just my country and T-Mobile B12 does work for building penetration when the tower is close enough. With more B71 towers T-Mobile can use their extra Sub- 1 Ghz spectrum just like Verizon and AT&T when they finish tuning it. T-Mobile's Band 71 and Band 12 have superior pure physics of penetration buildings than any spectrum that AT&T and Verizon owns. AT&T doesn't even have a signal that is useable in the street much less than inside my house. It is all about how close you are to their towers. With B71 it will give T-Mobile the ability to stop over working the narrow 5x5 Mhz of B12 to get building penetration.

I have almost zero complains about T-Mobile service. The one and only issue with T-Mobile for me is the lack of building penetration in some large building. At least at my hurricane grade level steel beamed & roofed sports bar with my friends the ones that have AT&T and Verizon doesn't have the ability to stream YouTube videos and T-Mobile does stream videos, since it's B12 does penetrate the steel building. At that one place T-Mobile has a closer tower than the other networks since building penetration is all about how far your phone is from the tower.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 09-11-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Feedback Score
    ...The issue is that T-Mobile uses their spectrum differently than AT&T and Verizon. Their "Built for Unlimited" approach is inherently incompatible with burning holes through steel walls or blanketing miles of countryside. Is it better than mid-band? Yes. Is it as good at indoor coverage as AT&T, 'fraid not....
    Will you explain the difference in the way T-mo uses their spectrum that makes a difference in structure penetration? I am not familiar with that. What does T-Mo do differently with a "Built for Unlimited" approach?

Otherwise, Shilo is basically correct that the way Vz got their reputation for good coverage is by having more cells in more places.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Will you explain the difference in the way T-mo uses their spectrum that makes a difference in structure penetration? I am not familiar with that. What does T-Mo do differently with a "Built for Unlimited" approach?

Otherwise, Shilo is basically correct that the way Vz got their reputation for good coverage is by having more cells in more places.
    T-Mobile has more cell towers at least where I live since T-M was build out using shorter range PCS and AWS spectrum. Verizon and AT&T both have a lot more blocks of 700 Mhz spectrum than T-M to avoid interferences on the same block of spectrum. T-Mobile can't put one single block of Band 12 (Block A) on every tower in a major city with hundreds of towers since they would all interfere with each other on the identical frequency. My point is T-M at least in major cities used it's B12 as building penetration which forced them in those cities with lot of large building to limit the distance of their B12. That allowed them to put more B12 towers closer together in that area. T-M had to dial down their single spectrum block of B12 so it had a reduced footprint of service coverage. With three more blocks of B71 then T-M can make adjustments without the interference issue they had with a single block of B12.

Fact T-Mobile Band 12 and Band 71 both are lower frequency with better building penetration physics than any spectrum Verizon, AT&T and Sprint owns.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is a very confusing article but it sounds like T-Mobile just agreed to purchase another $3.5 Billion in 5G tower radio's from Ericsson above the July $3.5 B deal with Nokia. Sounds like T-Mobile with $7 Billion on tower radio's are serious about that Nationwide 5G NR network that will take a lot more money to build out. This equipment will also help the 600 Mhz deployment.

Like the plan of buying from both Ericsson and Nokia since T-Mobile is the only national network deploying 600 Mhz and it keeps both companies working on better 600 Mhz equipment. If the Sprint merger is approved I may stop worrying about the fact that AT&T and Verizon are trying to stop Radio tower Equipment Mfg's from developing and manufacturing 600 Mhz equipment. With both AT&T and Verizon both avoiding 600 Mhz equipment it makes the merger with Sprint even that more important just to keep the supply chain from Nokia and Ericsson developing 600 Mhz equipment.

T-Mo taps Ericsson for 5G, to the tune of $3.5B

"T-Mobile US has signed a $3.5 billion, multi-year contract with Ericsson for 5G network deployment. This is the second of T-Mobile US’ major 5G contracts, following a $3.5 billion agreement with Nokia in July."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast