Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can you still use PDANet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    Yes, you can still use pdanet.. but my teen kid says easyteather works better. He says pdanet sometimes pauses or loses connection.
    The free trial version of PDANet only works for random lengths of time. The paid version, $8 last I checked, should not.

Feedback Score
    Although I thought TMobile was able to detect planet now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    The free trial version of PDANet only works for random lengths of time. The paid version, $8 last I checked, should not.
    I bought it at least 5 years ago and it was $15 then if I recall correctly. The activation code is still valid and every once in a while I consider getting an Android phone just to use as a travel hotspot. With the current roaming conditions though, T-Mobile One Plus Promo and the optional $5 a day high speed service kinda squashes that option.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I bought it at least 5 years ago and it was $15 then if I recall correctly. The activation code is still valid and every once in a while I consider getting an Android phone just to use as a travel hotspot. With the current roaming conditions though, T-Mobile One Plus Promo and the optional $5 a day high speed service kinda squashes that option.
    I was just over in europe for 15 days, and just paid the $50 for the 15GB of data, it worked like a charm and was worth the $50 to just have everything "work", and I even used ~3GB of MHS letting my Verizon and AT&T friends jump on mine.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I was just over in europe for 15 days, and just paid the $50 for the 15GB of data, it worked like a charm and was worth the $50 to just have everything "work", and I even used ~3GB of MHS letting my Verizon and AT&T friends jump on mine.
    Which exact deal is that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Unfortunately I would lose my current ONE Plus Promo if I activated the $50 Global Plus 15Gb option. I see that it does include 5Gb of tethering though. But for $50 I could get 10 days, 5Gb total on the $5 a day plan, with unlimited calling included. Most days I'm OK with 256kbps. Besides, my iPads have voice sims in them and get the free 256k data also, so that helps for mapping, etc.

Awesome speeds, what phone?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how older T-Mobile phones and non-T-Mobile phones, that have Internet sharing not via the T-Mobile hotspot app, work with current plans?
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Which exact deal is that?
    OnePlus Global, it's $50 for the month and adds 15GB of LTE data with 5GB of MHS..

Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Unfortunately I would lose my current ONE Plus Promo if I activated the $50 Global Plus 15Gb option. I see that it does include 5Gb of tethering though. But for $50 I could get 10 days, 5Gb total on the $5 a day plan, with unlimited calling included. Most days I'm OK with 256kbps. Besides, my iPads have voice sims in them and get the free 256k data also, so that helps for mapping, etc.

Awesome speeds, what phone?
    We luckily get a "T-MobileONE Amplified" plan through work that has OnePlus for free, so i can still add/remove that feature as I want too, if it was 100% unlimited international (i missed out on that one), i would have kept it every month.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My Motorola G4 Plus, E4 Plus, and G5 Plus all work fine with their built in (Android) hotspot, as long as the plan allows it. (It depends which of my T-Mo SIMs I put in.)

If I put one of my grandfathered plan SIMs in (no tethering included), I can turn the hotspot on, but any connected devices will say "No internet".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2