Thread: USB Drivers and Unmounting SD Card - Alcatel Onetouch

Feedback Score

Question USB Drivers and Unmounting SD Card - Alcatel Onetouch

I hope I'm asking this in the right place.

I'm new to smart phones and am having two problems with the one I just purchased - the Alcatel Onetouch Pixi Eclipse (A462C).

1. The user manual says to unmount the micro SD card before removing it, but I can't find where to do that. I do not see that as an option under settings>storage and the manual doesn't give instructions for this. Does anyone know how to unmount the SD card on this phone?

2. The instructions for connecting the phone to a computer are a bit lacking. I've enabled the debugging mode, connected the phone to my computer (Win 10) via a USB cable, have it set as MTP (also tried PTP) and cannot do anything. It's looking like I might need to install the Alcatel USB drivers because that's pretty much all I see on my computer under Devices and Drives. However, the manual suggests that if Windows Media Player 11 or higher is installed (I have 12), then I shouldn't have to install anything. The drivers don't even have an option for Windows 10, is that an issue?

Can anyone help with these problems?

Feedback Score
    I looked at that phone online and that phone has android 4.4 kitkat which is kind of old now. There is nothing wrong with kitkat but since you said you just bought it I was surprised it was an older version of android.

You can turn the power off and then remove the sd card.

To transfer files all you need to do is connect a USB cable from the phone to a windows PC. Depending on the versions of android I have used there will either be a pop up or notification that will let you select the mode to transfer files. If it does not work reboot both your windows pc and android phone and try again. I never had to install any drivers to get it to work.

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blilb View Post
    I hope I'm asking this in the right place.

I'm new to smart phones and am having two problems with the one I just purchased - the Alcatel Onetouch Pixi Eclipse (A462C).

1. The user manual says to unmount the micro SD card before removing it, but I can't find where to do that. I do not see that as an option under settings>storage and the manual doesn't give instructions for this. Does anyone know how to unmount the SD card on this phone?

2. The instructions for connecting the phone to a computer are a bit lacking. I've enabled the debugging mode, connected the phone to my computer (Win 10) via a USB cable, have it set as MTP (also tried PTP) and cannot do anything. It's looking like I might need to install the Alcatel USB drivers because that's pretty much all I see on my computer under Devices and Drives. However, the manual suggests that if Windows Media Player 11 or higher is installed (I have 12), then I shouldn't have to install anything. The drivers don't even have an option for Windows 10, is that an issue?

Can anyone help with these problems?
    Generally, it is Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card You can get to settings by pulling down the shade and touching the sprocket or open the app drawer and hit the sprocket settings app.