Thread: can Jitterbug flip be used on verizon

Feedback Score

can Jitterbug flip be used on verizon

i have an elderly parent who needs a large number flip phone
    from my understanding jitterbug makes large button flip phones
    can i activate a new jitterbug phone on Verizon?

Feedback Score
    The main obstacle is that it doesn't support VoLTE (voice over LTE, which means 4G voice). Since July 1, Verizon has not been activating phones without VoLTE—but they make some exceptions.

If you already have Verizon service on a 4G phone, you should be able to switch the SIM over to the Jitterbug.

Feedback Score
    I had flip phones for elderly relatives. Intermittent disasters, at least 1x a week I'd have to show them the basics over & over again.

I got a SnapFon for them. Absolutely NO problems. Only AT&T & TM network compatible though. Got them on Red Pocket AT&T.
    https://www.snapfon.com/big-button-cell-phone/
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 09.25.18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I had flip phones for elderly relatives. Intermittent disasters, at least 1x a week I'd have to show them the basics over & over again.

I got a SnapFon for them. Absolutely NO problems. Only AT&T & TM network compatible though. Got them on Red Pocket AT&T.
    That what I am afraid of too. My dad is 92, and can just barely manage to use his Verizon flip phone. My mom is 87, and is adamant that she wants an iPhone. Of course, she can't afford it. And given the constant "fixes" I have had to do for her tablets (I have bought her 2 over the last few years and it is just amazing how screwed up she can get them) I just dread the thought of switching them to new phones. She mentioned a Jitterbug - I was hoping that it was a simpler phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessie* View Post
    That what I am afraid of too. My dad is 92, and can just barely manage to use his Verizon flip phone. My mom is 87, and is adamant that she wants an iPhone. Of course, she can't afford it. And given the constant "fixes" I have had to do for her tablets (I have bought her 2 over the last few years and it is just amazing how screwed up she can get them) I just dread the thought of switching them to new phones. She mentioned a Jitterbug - I was hoping that it was a simpler phone.
    You really should check out SnapFon. One of the best features is it only takes like 2 seconds to turn on & off. So they don't get confused waiting for it to turn on or off. Don't go cheap buy the charging stand so she doesn't have to fiddle with a charging cord. I got the phone cover too.

As far as tablets go this looks super easy.
    GrandPad by Consumer Cellular so the CSR are excellent with the elderly.
    https://www.grandpad.net/
    "GrandPad® is the smartest, simplest, and safest way to connect seniors with their loved ones so they never miss another memory."