Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for Good Source of Numbers to Port to Metro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Recommendations for Good Source of Numbers to Port to Metro

I need three more lines and dont have Mobile numbers to port. I offered up a Google Voice numbers I rarely use but was told that does not count for port in promotions.

Unfortunately there are no corporate stores in my area only dealers owned by the same person.
    It appears Metro is distinguishing between VOIP numbers and Mobile numbers. As recently as two years ago I ported a GV number to Metro and received the port in promotion.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive source for mobile numbers to port to Metro?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    EBay, search "numbers to port" they will email you the necessary numbers usually less than an hour. I've used the sim computer one without issue,but would suspect they're all ok.

Feedback Score
    Funny...I was just going to ask about this. MetroPCS has a phone I would like to get with their port-in promotion. I was wondering if I can activate one of my extra Tracfone sims (AT&T or Verizon), get a number, and port it.
    The eBay 'numbers to port" seems like it should be a viable option as well.
    Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if anyone has tried porting Freedompop numbers, but they run on Sprint or AT&T and should be eligible for porting promotions.

The downside is that it can be hard to get a number ported from them, or at least that's been the case in the past. If anything goes wrong, it's almost impossible to contact customer service.

Sent from my LG-H830 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I just tried to activate an AT&T Tracfone sim but couldn't get any further without having to select a "Service Plan". When I joined TF years ago, I was able to activate my sim without purchasing any plan. The procedure has obviously changed. I guess I will need to purchase a number from eBay.

Feedback Score
    @mn1968, Please let us know if you port-in successfully with eBay numbers. MetroPCS has a hidden requirement that the port-in number for a promotional phone must be 3-months old. I hope it is just store specific, not company wide policy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    @mn1968, Please let us know if you port-in successfully with eBay numbers. MetroPCS has a hidden requirement that the port-in number for a promotional phone must be 3-months old. I hope it is just store specific, not company wide policy.
    The stores have no way to check how old the phone number is, just lie.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered a number to port through eBay for $4.25. I won't be able to try the phone purchase until this weekend, or next week even. But at $4.25 I won't out much if it doesn't work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Was it a non tmobile sim? It needs to be an att, vzw, or sprint sim, and usually they're more than the price you mentioned.

Feedback Score
    I had thought about that but according to the posting:
    Can be ported to any carrier. BOOST, Metro Pcs, T-Mobile, VERIZON

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    I had thought about that but according to the posting:
    Can be ported to any carrier. BOOST, Metro Pcs, T-Mobile, VERIZON
    True, but no free phone, read the metro mouse print. the seller I listed sells att Sims, which will get you discounted handsets, which I assumed was the point of porting in the first place.

Feedback Score
    Well my plan was to get a discounted phone with the "port". I can always buy another AT&T number. But first, I'll go to one of the stores, play dumb, and say I'm with Tmobile and ask if I qualify for the porting deal/discount.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Well my plan was to get a discounted phone with the "port". I can always buy another AT&T number. But first, I'll go to one of the stores, play dumb, and say I'm with Tmobile and ask if I qualify for the porting deal/discount.
    Actually, the first line we got was a transfer from a Tm mvno, and for whatever reason, the dealer let it go thru. I didn't have to play dumb, I was, as it was a spur of the moment decision and didn't know. However, they caught it for our second line, which is when I used the eBay thing.

Feedback Score
    Stopped by a MetroPCS today. Told the girl my service was with TMo. She said sorry, Tmo doesn't qualify for the special port in deal.

And now we know!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Stopped by a MetroPCS today. Told the girl my service was with TMo. She said sorry, Tmo doesn't qualify for the special port in deal.

And now we know!
    The terms "switch and qualified line" are the determining v factors here, and are pretty well known here. Although,like a lot of other things, it's not really obvious unless you're looking.. The at t numbers worked fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast