Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommendations for Good Source of Numbers to Port to Metro

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI -

I went to another MetroPCS to look at the LG Q7 Plus. Asked about the port in promo and mentioned I was with Tracfone AT&T. He looked up my number and confirmed I qualified for the port in deal. I had no intention of actually doing it...just getting info to see if it would be worth buying an AT&T number to port. Although the promo was listed @ $99, my out the door price shot up to $220+ with activation charge, tax ($45ish based on full retail price of $329...that's some hefty tax!), and $50 plan. I didn't/don't like that deal anymore. Sure, it's still $100+ cheaper than full retail but still a lot more than the $150ish plus tax I thought I could get it for. Not to mention, I don't really need a new phone...and my plan was to get the Q7 Plus unlocked to use with my Tracfone service. I'm well under $50 per month.

All that being said, I now have a Tmobile number to port that I'll donate to the first person that asks. It will expire in about 17 days. There aren't any Cricket phones I am interested in.
    Last edited by mn1968; Yesterday at 09:54 PM.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    Just an FYI -

I went to another MetroPCS to look at the LG Q7 Plus. Asked about the port in promo and mentioned I was with Tracfone AT&T. He looked up my number and confirmed I qualified for the port in deal. I had no intention of actually doing it...just getting info to see if it would be worth buying an AT&T number to port. Although the promo was listed @ $99, my out the door price shot up to $220+ with activation charge, tax ($45ish based on full retail price of $329...that's some hefty tax!), and $50 plan. I didn't/don't like that deal anymore. Sure, it's still $100+ cheaper than full retail but still a lot more than the $150ish plus tax I thought I could get it for. Not to mention, I don't really need a new phone...and my plan was to get the Q7 Plus unlocked to use with my Tracfone service. I'm well under $50 per month.

All that being said, I now have a Tmobile number to port that I'll fonate to the first person that asks. It will expire in about 17 days. There aren't any Cricket phones I am interested in.
    I'm just guessing, but if you'll be cool for a few weeks, they'll lower the prices again as they always have.

The best deal ever was on for the first couple of weeks in August, as you remember. Remember to"lower prices" they need to be raised first, which they are currently doing. Again, just be ready when they're down again.

So, you've got an att mvno, are you sure Tm coverage is adequate in your area?

Oh, have you viewed the you tube videos comparing the LG q and the stylo 4. I was hot for one till I did. The larger screen in the stylo in a big plus, but that's just me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    The best deal ever was on for the first couple of weeks in August, as you remember.
    So, you've got an att mvno, are you sure Tm coverage is adequate in your area?

Oh, have you viewed the you tube videos comparing the LG q and the stylo 4. I was hot for one till I did. The larger screen in the stylo in a big plus, but that's just me.
    I haven't paid attention to Metro/Tmo since I am happy with my Tracfone AT&T service. I wasn't going to switch anyway...just unlock the Metro phone for AT&T. FWIW, I did have TMo years ago and they are fine (Chicago area).
    For me, a smaller phone is ideal. I had a Moto G4 that was really nice, but at 6 inches long & 3 inches wide it got cumbersome in the pocket. The overall size of the LG Q7+ is just about the max size for me. Again, I don't really need a phone but I get the itch every now & then. After picking up an new, unlocked US Cellular Moto E4 last summer for $50 off eBay, I am trying to find another fantastic deal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    I haven't paid attention to Metro/Tmo since I am happy with my Tracfone AT&T service. I wasn't going to switch anyway...just unlock the Metro phone for AT&T. FWIW, I did have TMo years ago and they are fine (Chicago area).
    For me, a smaller phone is ideal. I had a Moto G4 that was really nice, but at 6 inches long & 3 inches wide it got cumbersome in the pocket. The overall size of the LG Q7+ is just about the max size for me. Again, I don't really need a phone but I get the itch every now & then. After picking up an new, unlocked US Cellular Moto E4 last summer for $50 off eBay, I am trying to find another fantastic deal.
    Yeah, metro areas are usually good. Metro can have some real phone deals, be cool.

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    The stores have no way to check how old the phone number is, just lie.
    corporate stores will actually call for the customer and ask them when the account was activated.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    corporate stores will actually call for the customer and ask them when the account was activated.
    This is one of those non of your business answers,or just don't answer, or just lie. Oh,you're saying they will call your old carrier. I'm notsure this is legal. Or maybe time to find an agent store.

And, is this time requirement written somewhere in the t&c?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2