Feedback Score

AT&T's iPhone XS and XS Max.

Apple and AT&T introduce,

The iPhone XS and XS Max.

iPhone XS:

- 5.8 inch OLED Display with High Dynamic Range Technology

- IP68 rated

- Apple A12 Bionic Six Core Processor.

- Camera: 12 Mega Pixel wide-angle and telephoto cameras, with dual optical image stabilization and quad-LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync. Front Facing Camera: 7 Mega Pixels.

- Internal Memory: Available in 64 Gigabytes, 256 Gigabytes, or 512 Gigabytes.

iPhone XS MAX:

- 6.5 inch OLED display with High Dynamic Range Technology.

- Battery life up to 25 hours of Talk time and Fast charge support for 50% battery in just 30 minutes. Both iPhone's are wireless charging ready and work with Qi chargers.

Wireless Specs for iPhone XS and XS Max:

- LTE Bands supported: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40,41, 66, and 71.

- 4G HSPA+/3G UMTS Bands supported: 850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz

- 2G/EDGE/GPRS: AT&T no longer has 2G/EDGE/GPRS technology active on their network, Both iPhone's when Network unlocked can use 2G/EDGE/GPRS on T-Mobile in the US and other 2G/EDGE/GPRS networks outside of the US.

- WiFi calling, Video Calling, VoLTE(HD Voice) Ready.

- Wifi: Dual Band 2.4 gigahertz & 5 Gigahertz ready, 2x2 Multi-in Multi-Out(MIMO) ready.

- NFC with reader mode.

- Bluetooth: Version 5.0.

- Sim card type required: Nano Sim/Apple Esim(Included with iPhone). Both phones are Dual Sim ready.

- Colors: Space Grey, Silver, Gold.

- Price:

- iPhone XS Max 64 Gigabyte Edition: $36.67 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next or $1,099.99 Full Retail Price.

- iPhone XS Max 256 Gigabyte Edition: $41.67 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next or $1,249.99 Full Retail Price.

- iPhone XS Max 512 Gigabyte Edition: $48.34 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next or $1,449.99 Full Retail Price.

- iPhone XS 64 Gigabyte Edition: $33.34 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next or $999.99 Full Retail Price.

- iPhone XS 256 Gigabyte Edition: $38.34 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next or $1,149.99 Full Retail Price.

- iPhone XS 512 Gigabyte Edition: $45.00 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next or $1,349.99 Full Retail Price.

Rumor: On Slickdeals when people click the upgrade button in their account to upgrade their phone the new iPhone's possibly qualify for BOGO.

Pre-Order Links:

- iPhone XS: https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphon...sku=sku9200516

- iPhone XS Max: https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphon...sku=sku9200488
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I don’t care if they can make my breakfast, I could never bring myself to spend that much money for a phone.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    I don’t care if they can make my breakfast, I could never bring myself to spend that much money for a phone.
    Yep it's way too much for a phone.

My husbsnd just spent $700 on a used mustang for a project car. It runs and came with 4 brand new tires. He considered an iPhone but said it would be foolish to pay that much for a phone so he got the car instead

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's foolish to pay a decent price for a highly advanced piece of technology in your pocket? I mean, you use it probably more than any other 'expensive' device you may own or would want.

If you figure the hours per use by costs, it doesn't seem such a 'foolish' amount of money.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    It's foolish to pay a decent price for a highly advanced piece of technology in your pocket? I mean, you use it probably more than any other 'expensive' device you may own or would want.

If you figure the hours per use by costs, it doesn't seem such a 'foolish' amount of money.
    With the prices of the new iPhones its absolutely foolish. If someone wants to spend that much its their choice but it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post

My husbsnd just spent $700 on a used mustang for a project car. It runs and came with 4 brand new tires. He considered an iPhone but said it would be foolish to pay that much for a phone so he got the car instead
    I agree its way too expensive for a phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Rumors were that the Xs would be cheaper than last year's X. That turned out wrong.

At least pessimists thinking the new phone wouldn't have B71 were wrong.

I don't recall seeing predictions for dual SIM mode (even if 1 is eSIM) for the US market. In theory, I could sell both my iPhones and buy the Xs once the eSIM support is available in the US. But probably not.

My only current issue with my X is battery life when I go on vacation. Frequent use of the camera, especially in areas with poor cell coverage, drains the battery in well less than a day.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    With the prices of the new iPhones its absolutely foolish. If someone wants to spend that much its their choice but it doesn't seem worth it to me.
    I get that - many folks are ok with a Moto E series phone that goes on sale for $50 and they call it a day. They use it a lot and love it and are happy.

Others require a lot of their phone or really enjoy or even need top specs. Spending $1,000 on a device you use throughout every day for hours isn't really insane if you put it over the 2 years you might keep it. I see people spend $45,000 on a new car every 3 years and honestly the underlying majority of the technology in a car is 100+ years old. Cell phones are much more modern in many ways.

Feedback Score

That might be true if the IPhone was something special or did something special. In 2018 it does not.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    The car analogy is on point: you could buy an economy car and get from point A to point B the same way as if you’d bought a luxury car. But people still spend on the luxury car. Same with the iPhone, if the phone will be used daily and you can afford it get it. The company is worth over one trillion so people are buying.
    Cheap calling cards now available! Click here!

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

The advanced piece of technology doesn’t really advance that much from one model to the next. Yes, they’ll be a few new bands and maybe a better camera or longer battery life but I can’t see the cost for the marginal gains from year to year. It’s more vanity than anything else, and that’s fine. Whatever makes one happy.

Baja California / Baja California Sur / Sinaloa / D.F.
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8 Plus / BlackBerry KEYone BBB100-3 / Samsung Galaxy S8 / Netgear AC815S
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post

Cars come with other hidden recurring costs, like gas, parts/maintenance, insurance, registration, and in other situations like shipping, parking, storage, fines, towing/impound and customs so you end up paying a lot more than than $700. It really depends what your hobbies are, since I can say the same for a used Mustang; not everybody will be interested in or has the capability to work on a "project car". Then you have people who buy the project car and it ends up sitting in the garage because they are too busy with other things or it sucks up lots of money.

Then you also have people who buy $45,000 cars who aren't prepared to pay for the recurring costs or end up with pieces of junk which spends more time at mechanic than on the road...

I too, can buy a used Mustang for $700 for a project, but my competency in finding parts and making it work together is limited. And, more likely than not, it will collect dust in States. Buying the car is the easy part.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 09-14-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Feedback Score
    Iphone xs and xmax bothsupport LAA Band 46 also and 4x4 mimo with 256 qam they catch up with the android latest flagship.. now i am tempted to get iphones lol

Sent from my moto e5 supra using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Some people have the new iPhone every year plan and some like me buy every 2 years and pass down old phone to kids.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    That might be true if the IPhone was something special or did something special. In 2018 it does not.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    It is the only one that works. I would rather use an iPhone 4s than the Samsung Note 9. Because the android phone takes hours of tinkering to get it somewhat usable and then it still does not work right... I use both and Android is vastly inferior while costing the same absurd amount of money.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast