Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AT&T's iPhone XS and XS Max.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    "Those different versions... that's software. Not hardware." -- i think you need to take computer science class to understand the relationship between software and hardware and why they have issues i did take 1 semester of computer science class. I do not need to explain to you between the two.

"What hardware issues?" -- so you never heard of bluetooth, camera, GPS, sensors, screen never heard of those? i think they are called hardware arent they?? tsk tsk...

"I started on Donut. Day 1 Moto Droid. The story is the same as it ever was then."-- well since you started on day 1 i guess you need to take advance software engineering class to know why they have issues between software and hardware..
    I think you like to pretend you’re an authority when you aren’t, just throwing around buzzwords and terms you don’t understand. 1 college course makes you an expert? I took psych 101 ... 18 years ago ... and I’d like to diagnose you with oppositional defiant disorder.

Hardware is hardware. They all share the same Qualcomm SOCs. Literally. So they all have, again literally, the same CPU, GPU, modem, GPS, Bluetooth, camera control, video encoding/decoding, audio encoding/decoding. This very fact is why Qualcomm is getting sued by the FTC for antitrust violations and why Apple joined in that lawsuit, actually. Qualcomm charges for the patents against each and everything the SOC does that they have a patent for, even if you don’t want to use it... so Android OEMs all take it off the shelf and use it carte blanche, with Samsung using Exynos in Korea.

Software interfaces with hardware. If the software is bad, it isn’t the hardwares fault.

About the only hardware differences you’re going to find in an Android are the casing, base color management of the screen (all produced by either LG or Samsung), and camera optics. Otherwise, it’s only software differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    I think you like to pretend you’re an authority when you aren’t, just throwing around buzzwords and terms you don’t understand. 1 college course makes you an expert? I took psych 101 ... 18 years ago ... and I’d like to diagnose you with oppositional defiant disorder.

Hardware is hardware. They all share the same Qualcomm SOCs. Literally. So they all have, again literally, the same CPU, GPU, modem, GPS, Bluetooth, camera control, video encoding/decoding, audio encoding/decoding. This very fact is why Qualcomm is getting sued by the FTC for antitrust violations and why Apple joined in that lawsuit, actually. Qualcomm charges for the patents against each and everything the SOC does that they have a patent for, even if you don’t want to use it... so Android OEMs all take it off the shelf and use it carte blanche, with Samsung using Exynos in Korea.

Software interfaces with hardware. If the software is bad, it isn’t the hardwares fault.

About the only hardware differences you’re going to find in an Android are the casing, base color management of the screen (all produced by either LG or Samsung), and camera optics. Otherwise, it’s only software differences.

"1 college course makes you an expert? I took psych 101 ... 18 years ago ... and I’d like to diagnose you with oppositional defiant disorder. "

-- That is why I am saying you need to take computer science class to understand because if I explain, it may misinterpreted because I took only 1 sem of CS class.. and ooh you took psych 101?? I happen to be a license psych nurse in california working at the prison hospital and behavioral facility.

"Hardware is hardware. They all share the same Qualcomm SOCs." -- That is why i say you might take computer sciences class to understand the relationship between software and hardware because i dont think you can take software engineering class without prerequisites.

Just so you know Qualcomm is just a modem and a processor that process the computation it does not control the software and hardware of the device.. Androids do not have the same modem and processors that's why i said different android version.. I am tired of explaining maybe just re-read everything I said in previous topics.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T's iPhone XS and XS Max.

Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    "1 college course makes you an expert? I took psych 101 ... 18 years ago ... and I’d like to diagnose you with oppositional defiant disorder. "

-- That is why I am saying you need to take computer science class to understand because if I explain, it may misinterpreted because I only take 1 sem of CS class.. and ooh you took psych 101?? I happened to be a license psych nurse in california working at the prison hospital and behavioral facility.

"Hardware is hardware. They all share the same Qualcomm SOCs." -- That is why i say you might take computer sciences class to understand the relationship between software and hardware because i dont think you can take software engineering class without prerequisites.

Just so you know Qualcomm is just a modem and a processor that process the computation it does not control the software and hardware of the device.. Androids do not have the same modem and processors that's why i said different android version.. I am tired of explaining maybe just re-read everything I said in previous topics.
    Sigh.......

Congratulations on entering patient numbers into a screen and having their narcs pop out in the appropriate dosages. That gives you as much authority on psych as I have, and just as much knowledge in comp sci as you currently present.

Every Android manufacturer uses Qualcomm SOCs. Every. One. Of. Them. They provide the exact set of things I listed out - plus others I didn’t bother to give, like ‘Fast Charging’ being their literally patented charging solution... biometric authentication... I copied it from their website, using my incredibly honed skills of typing “Qualcomm snapdragon 845” into Google, and then reading their website. Something you clearly didn’t bother to cross-reference.

The hardware, again, is the same. Every Android phone using model XXX Qualcomm SOC has 90% identical hardware to everyone else using the same model. You listed out hardware issues. If they were hardware issues, every single Android user would be encountering them - which would really kill your whole argument instantly. But they aren’t hardware issues. They’re software issues. Software can’t correct faulty hardware.

The elective classes I took in college have no bearing on my understanding here. Your self-taught Android-forums-only degree has led you to not knowing what hardware actually is. Please stop. We’ve gone off topic long enough here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    Sigh.......

Congratulations on entering patient numbers into a screen and having their narcs pop out in the appropriate dosages. That gives you as much authority on psych as I have, and just as much knowledge in comp sci as you currently present.

Every Android manufacturer uses Qualcomm SOCs. Every. One. Of. Them. They provide the exact set of things I listed out - plus others I didn’t bother to give, like ‘Fast Charging’ being their literally patented charging solution... biometric authentication... I copied it from their website, using my incredibly honed skills of typing “Qualcomm snapdragon 845” into Google, and then reading their website. Something you clearly didn’t bother to cross-reference.

The hardware, again, is the same. Every Android phone using model XXX Qualcomm SOC has 90% identical hardware to everyone else using the same model. You listed out hardware issues. If they were hardware issues, every single Android user would be encountering them - which would really kill your whole argument instantly. But they aren’t hardware issues. They’re software issues.

The elective classes I took in college have no bearing on my understanding here. Your self-taught Android-forums-only degree has led you to not knowing what hardware actually is. Please stop. We’ve gone off topic long enough here.

"That gives you as much authority on psych as I have, and just as much knowledge in comp sci as you currently present." -- you jump into conversation without even knowing what the topics we were talking about and you called me i have all the authority is this what a psych student act?

"Every Android manufacturer uses Qualcomm SOCs." -- need to research more I do not need to do it for you. this is wrong..

Keep in mind the topic we were talking about is iphone users claiming iphone is more stable than android and that makes iphone the "best phone in the world" keep that in mind and connect that to software and hardware we were talking on why android software isn't stable as iphone users claim.. Research a little further because knowledge is power.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Oh yeah, we’ll my mother can beat up your mother any day of the week.
    Last edited by Peterfield; 09-18-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    The advanced piece of technology doesn’t really advance that much from one model to the next. Yes, they’ll be a few new bands and maybe a better camera or longer battery life but I can’t see the cost for the marginal gains from year to year. It’s more vanity than anything else, and that’s fine. Whatever makes one happy.
    OK - and during this keynote the lady got up and talked extensively about trade in programs, recycling, and just plain old keeping your device for a long time with frequent updates from Apple as the best thing to do.

There are many marginal gains, but one area I think Apple is truly killing it is the SOC.

Although, when the company states their best thoughts too are to keep it and use it, I think that shows they get it. And their actions show too, a 5s is still getting iOS 12 today. Sure, it's missing many features (for no actual reason) or some features due to hardware not present, but you get the security and many application updates which is pretty good. It was released this time in 2013, so 5 years of updates, and I'll assume (we know about assumptions) it'll get updates at least through iOS 12's lifetime. The original base price was $650 and amortize that over the 6 years of fresh updates, you're just over $100 a year. That's a pretty darn good value if you ask me. I can't think of any smartphone with a lifespan such as that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

AT&T's iPhone XS and XS Max.

Guess the thread has become an android versus iPhone OS. I’ve tried an android phone a few years back, and honestly I couldn’t stand it. Reception and battery life was horrible, and there was enough bloatware to annoy even the most patient person out there. After nine months I rushed back to Apple‘s iOS. I don’t know maybe android has improved a lot since, but I still prefer iOS any day. Just feel like it’s a more organized operating system. Like I said my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I’ve always felt that iOS is for users that like plug and play and Android users like to tweak things. Both work well and one is really no better than the other. Reminds me of a quote I heard during a discussion about the two political parties, “In the end, it’s all ice cream, you want vanilla or chocolate?”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3