Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 5G Ultra Wideband Speed Test Thread

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    I really hate you lol. Where are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SE Michigan. Detroit northern suburbs.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Not to bad. About 1000 feet away from the tower in my office behind glass with the phone in a case.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post

Not to bad. About 1000 feet away from the tower in my office behind glass with the phone in a case.

Thatís really impressive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

T-Mobile CEO and sycophants: "You lie! mmwave sucks and a sheet of paper will kill the signal from 3 feet away"

Of course their doom and gloom predictions about DSS are proving to be false too.

Feedback Score

Where in Pittsburgh was this taken? I canít wait to get mine. Iím opting for the 12 pro max so still have a few weeks but damm thatís very impressive speeds. Seems like the mmwave deployment is really coming along. Idk if you noticed but they re added and slightly moved the Bigelow Blvd small cell across from the cathedral of learning that was taken out due to the road construction. Itís now on fifth Ave. It seems like the 5g adds will be starting soon on those nodes in Oakland.

Feedback Score

Thatís beamforming for ya. Also depends on equipment, it seems some sites give better range than others . This was literally in your office???

Feedback Score

Hoboken NJ, about 500 feet from the node inside my car with the windows up

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What floor? It's quite impressive. Try going into another room.

Feedback Score
    I don't think it's too early for a thread like thisÖ My nerdy self is going to drag my butt to a 5G coverage area as soon as my promax arrives.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    I don't think it's too early for a thread like thisÖ My nerdy self is going to drag my butt to a 5G coverage area as soon as my promax arrives.
    Itís fun to test trust me

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Thatís beamforming for ya. Also depends on equipment, it seems some sites give better range than others . This was literally in your office???
    Yes. I was on the 3rd floor. The macro site was 1,050 feet away (according to google earth) and on top of a 10 story building. I could pick up mmWave in every exterior room with a window facing the tower. I would loose mmWave service though once I would walk anywhere inside that didnít have an exterior window though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpgh47 View Post
    Where in Pittsburgh was this taken? I canít wait to get mine. Iím opting for the 12 pro max so still have a few weeks but damm thatís very impressive speeds. Seems like the mmwave deployment is really coming along. Idk if you noticed but they re added and slightly moved the Bigelow Blvd small cell across from the cathedral of learning that was taken out due to the road construction. Itís now on fifth Ave. It seems like the 5g adds will be starting soon on those nodes in Oakland.

This was taken on Forbes and McKee. The macro site on Halket St on top of the Panera bread building. The other side of my building hits a macro mmWave off Forbes. I canít see the panel (itís blocked by another building) and I got between 200-600 Mbps off that site. I did get some mmWave on 5th Ave as well but didnít do much for speed tests. I will say low band 5G was slower in spots than LTE but speeds are already very fast so itís not really a problem. Right in front of Presby on 5th I was getting about 12 Mbps on low band 5G. Normally there itís less than 2 Mbps. I didnít have time to try a mmWave test. There is only one mmWave site in 5th that I know of. The small cells on that street are very old and donít have it. They need upgrades badily.

Also in shadyside while driving I was hitting around 300 Mbps. I didnít try while stopped. All speeds were while I was moving.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    What floor? It's quite impressive. Try going into another room.
    3rd floor. And I would get a mmWave signal in all rooms with exterior windows.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post

Hoboken NJ, about 500 feet from the node inside my car with the windows up
    How much data are you typically using in the speed tests for 5G-UW vs 5G vs LTE?

I may have to upgrade to an ďUnlimitedď plan if I want to continue doing speed tests once I get my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3rd floor. And I would get a mmWave signal in all rooms with exterior windows.

Also this morning I did a little more testing. On the side of the building that hits the same tower as the one I got 3Gbps I was getting about 1.5 Gbps. The side facing the tower I still got 3 Gbps. On the side where I was getting only 400 or so yesterday I was not picking up at all today in the same spot so I wonder if they are working on something today. But for the other sides performance remained the same. Iím not getting good mmWave deep into the building but I am picking it up inside as long as Iím near a window. And all our windows are closed and they are the thick double pane safety glass.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast