Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 276

Thread: 5G Ultra Wideband Speed Test Thread

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,190
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    ...It’s a great thing we can have access to switch 5G on and off when we want to. You want mmw? Turn it on, you want Cbrs ? Turn it off...
    I wish we could get the granularity of being able to choose which 5G to allow connection to (UW or only sub-6).

    However I recently discovered that my shared Verizon Plan - 16GB (24 with bonus data) - only has “5G Nationwide” data. It doesn’t say anything about 5G UW: https://www.verizon.com/support/the-verizon-plan-faqs/

    Nevertheless I doubt we’ll be getting UW for a few years here in Reno, but it would be fun to use when I travel to bigger cities.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,670
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    I wish we could get the granularity of being able to choose which 5G to allow connection to (UW or only sub-6).

    However I recently discovered that my shared Verizon Plan - 16GB (24 with bonus data) - only has “5G Nationwide” data. It doesn’t say anything about 5G UW: https://www.verizon.com/support/the-verizon-plan-faqs/

    Nevertheless I doubt we’ll be getting UW for a few years here in Reno, but it would be fun to use when I travel to bigger cities.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    I don't see the point of 5G UW on tiered data plan. Ever see how much data ONE speedtest uses?

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,574
    Feedback Score
    0

    5G Ultra Wideband Speed Test Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    I wish we could get the granularity of being able to choose which 5G to allow connection to (UW or only sub-6).

    However I recently discovered that my shared Verizon Plan - 16GB (24 with bonus data) - only has “5G Nationwide” data. It doesn’t say anything about 5G UW: https://www.verizon.com/support/the-verizon-plan-faqs/

    Nevertheless I doubt we’ll be getting UW for a few years here in Reno, but it would be fun to use when I travel to bigger cities.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    You’ll have to change your plan. I think mmW is a good feature to have if customers travel to urban areas where they have it deployed . Otherwise It’s not worth the upgrade plan just yet.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,190
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0

    5G Ultra Wideband Speed Test Thread

    ^^ Good points. Maybe I’ll update my plan when I get the iPhone 14.


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Verizon 5G Syracuse, NY...new market.

    https://youtu.be/uKrQCVQAL_U




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #216
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,930
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Verizon 5G Syracuse, NY...new market.

    https://youtu.be/uKrQCVQAL_U




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happy to see they have it outside the mall. It doesn’t show that as covered on their coverage map.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    Happy to see they have it outside the mall. It doesn’t show that as covered on their coverage map.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    It seems to mostly be in places along Hiawatha Boulevard… But yes as I say in my video Hiawatha Boulevard doesn’t show coverage


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #218
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,930
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    It seems to mostly be in places along Hiawatha Boulevard… But yes as I say in my video Hiawatha Boulevard doesn’t show coverage


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry didn’t have the volume on, just watched haha


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,574
    Feedback Score
    0
    Verizon announced that they’re building thousands of mmWave sites per month

    The team has built a machine over the past 18 months that is allowing us to put up thousands of Ultra Wideband [the brand Verizon has applied to its mmWave 5G service] sites per month," he said. "In some cases we're putting on several hundred Ultra Wideband sites per day."

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,574
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Verizon announced that they’re building thousands of mmWave sites per month

    The team has built a machine over the past 18 months that is allowing us to put up thousands of Ultra Wideband [the brand Verizon has applied to its mmWave 5G service] sites per month," he said. "In some cases we're putting on several hundred Ultra Wideband sites per day."
    https://www.lightreading.com/the-edg.../d/d-id/765409

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,509
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    These uploads are really getting good!

    Name:  Screenshot_20201112-205156_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  34.4 KB

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Some Tests around Pittsburgh. All were while driving. I honestly can not wait to see how this performs and holds up when there are 100,000+ people on our North Shore for a Steelers game or concert.
    Name:  IMG_0986.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  25.8 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,574
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpgh47 View Post
    Some Tests around Pittsburgh. All were while driving. I honestly can not wait to see how this performs and holds up when there are 100,000+ people on our North Shore for a Steelers game or concert.
    Name:  IMG_0986.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  25.8 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I bet it holds up well. Considering they deploy many nodes in a stadium that bandwidth could handle it. If everyone gets say 50-60 mbps it’s a win. Just speculation..

  14. #224
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,825
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    5G Ultra Wideband Speed Test Thread

    Name:  IMG_1353.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  23.1 KB

    Westfield Mall, San Francisco, CA

    Edit: Not sure if it’s been discussed in the thread but I had to update to the 5G SIM card in order to have access to 5G UW. My old 4G LTE SIM card only had access to nationwide 5G and ping was all over the place causing my connection to be unstable and unreliable. That’s why I decided to update my SIM. Also you lose access to CDMA with the 5G SIM card but CDMA is due to be shutdown EOY if I’m not mistaken.
    Last edited by curiouscustomer; 11-16-2020 at 02:34 AM.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscustomer View Post
    Name:  IMG_1353.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  23.1 KB

    Westfield Mall, San Francisco, CA
    Why can't I get this level of speeds here in Raleigh?

    Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aug/SEPT 3G Speed Test Thread
    By ROLLTIDE in forum AT&T
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 11:13 PM
  2. June ATT Speed Test thread
    By ROLLTIDE in forum AT&T
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 12:27 AM
  3. Alltel June speed test thread
    By ROLLTIDE in forum ALLTEL
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 10:00 AM
  4. Alltel Speed Test thread for May
    By ROLLTIDE in forum ALLTEL
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 07:22 PM

Bookmarks