Thread: What is the consequence of adding an interim $10 PIN to a PagePlus $80 Standard PIN

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

What is the consequence of adding an interim $10 PIN to a PagePlus $80 Standard PIN

Currently, I use PP's $10 4G Pay-As-You-Go PINs, and refill every 120 days (or more frequently, if needed).
    I understand PP's $80 PayGo PIN is available only from dealers, and it offers 365 days of service.
    I would like to switch to that plan, to aoid "forgetting" when 120 days pass. However, I am concerned that if I add a $10 PIN some time during that year, the expiration date of the plan would revert to 120 days from the date of payment for the $10 PIN, and I would lose the "yearly" expiration date.

Is that correct, or has PP neglected to update their terms?

How can I avoid losing the yearly update if I need to add more $$ to an $80 PIN?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBard57 View Post
    Currently, I use PP's $10 4G Pay-As-You-Go PINs, and refill every 120 days (or more frequently, if needed).
    I understand PP's $80 PayGo PIN is available only from dealers, and it offers 365 days of service.
    I would like to switch to that plan, to aoid "forgetting" when 120 days pass. However, I am concerned that if I add a $10 PIN some time during that year, the expiration date of the plan would revert to 120 days from the date of payment for the $10 PIN, and I would lose the "yearly" expiration date.

Is that correct, or has PP neglected to update their terms?

How can I avoid losing the yearly update if I need to add more $$ to an $80 PIN?

Thanks!
    The expiration date never moves backwards. If your epiration date is less than 120 days from today adding a $10 PIN will make it 120 days from today. If your expiration is more than 120 days from today adding a $10 PIN will not change your expiration date.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 09-23-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On a related note, when adding pins on a PAYG plan that have different prices per minute, it has always been first dollars in are the first dollars out. As Yeswap explained, expiration date never goes backwards.

Theoretically, you could add an $80 plan today, only use $15 worth of minutes for the next 12 months, and then add a $10 plan (with a higher per minute cost) every 120 days thereafter for years. You will continue to get charged at the cheaper rate until the entire original $80 balance is exhausted. Then you'll start getting charged at the higher rate per minute based on all the multiple subsequent $10 pins you added after the fact. Point being, by adding $10 of new money, you are effectively extending the expiration date of the old money, allowing you to keep it all until used (or it expires after 120 additional days without a subsequent renewal at that point).

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    A side note: With the new era now of allowing 4G LTE devices on PPC PAYGO (has the term "Standard Plan" disappeared?), the price per minute has become uniform across all of the refill PIN amounts; namely, $0.06 per minute (for lines that have been converted, and this affects the amount of minutes provided by the $80 PIN negatively; also there is no longer a $0.50 per month fee deduction). 3G devices still in use keep the older established PIN rates.

And I have to assume (for lack of anything more clearly presented by PPC) that once a line of service is converted to LTE use, the account value begins to be deducted at that rate, regardless of PIN denomination previously/currently in the hopper. So the first-in, first-out concept of PIN refill addition (quite arcane and unique to PPC to my knowledge in the PAYGO world) has now fallen by the wayside.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    The expiration date never moves backwards. If your epiration date is less than 120 days from today adding a $10 PIN will make it 120 days from today. If your expiration is more than 120 days from today adding a $10 PIN will not change your expiration date.
    Thanks, Yeswap,. Your information was very helpful! (Thanks to the other respondes as well)

Backstory:
    I have been a Page Plus subscriber for several years, using it only for a glovebox/emergency phone. Have built up a fairly decent "$$ reserve". I really like the carryover feature, as well as using Verizon towers (many of my drives are in areas that have no other cellular providers). Then, along came Waze (grin). Now, I use PP's data and 4G/LTE connectivity to drive the Waze app. I don't use enough data or calls to get a regular monthly plan, but foresee the need for longer-lasting refills so I do not forget to make a manual refill every 120 days.

If adding an occasional interim $10 refill to an $80 plan acts as Yeswap described, all will be good!