Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE>3g View Post
    Hmmm. We should complain to Fido and Rogers to bring back the manual cellular network option.
    Good luck with that

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Fido has told me this shouldnít be happening and they want me to restore the device. Has anybody already tried restoring the device?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE>3g View Post
    Fido has told me this shouldn’t be happening and they want me to restore the device. Has anybody already tried restoring the device?
    I haven't but I doubt that'll do anything if everyone on Rogers/Fido is having the same problem. That's probably just a half a**ed answer they give everyone when they don't know what's going on.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Call Rogers repeatily and complain.

Iíve been on the phones repeatedly the last few days with Rogers and apple and they say itís the other guy. From what Iíve determined itís Rogers that asked Apple not to put it as an option with IOS 12. If we keep calling and complaining, threaten to leave and have others call as well then they may realize the issue and give it back in the next update. They did this in a previous IOS as well from what I read. Fingers crossed we get it back as I have almost no service these days as it holds onto the Rogers network with 1 bar of service and wonít switch till I goes to no service and looks for the Ext network.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Manual carrier selection iOS 12 no longer available

How often were you guys manually switching to EXT? And if it was that frequent because you donít have proper Rogers coverage, why donít you just switch carriers? Arenít you afraid that youíll be banned from EXT altogether if youíre spending less than half of your time on the Rogers network? If you werenít manually switching to EXT all that often, then is it really that bad not to have the ability to manually switch?

Iím not defending Rogers by any means. But if I found myself using EXT on a regular basis, I wouldnít be fussing around with Rogers and complaining to them in hopes of them maybe re-enabling this feature. Switch to a more capable network.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I use it frequently as my as my job has me travelling extensively to all parts of Canada and thereís not one carrier out there with that adequate service yet. Yes that would be the simple solution.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Manual carrier selection iOS 12 no longer available

Changing home carrier to one that allows manual network selection on RSIM works.
    Last edited by Mrp Alert; 09-25-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Seems to only be the iPhone. My iPad still has the option, although it's only on carrier update 33.0 while the iPhone is 33.1.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by p5ku View Post
    Seems to only be the iPhone. My iPad still has the option, although it's only on carrier update 33.0 while the iPhone is 33.1.
    Yep, same here
    Name:  EBF41EA3-7FFB-45E8-82CB-C6AF135350B9.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  39.0 KB
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone else finding that with Carrier Update 33.1 that LTE has hard disconnects when it goes from one tower to another? I'm finding every time it picks a different tower on LTE, my phone will go to no service for 15 seconds and then pick up another tower

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans_Moleman View Post
    Anyone else finding that with Carrier Update 33.1 that LTE has hard disconnects when it goes from one tower to another? I'm finding every time it picks a different tower on LTE, my phone will go to no service for 15 seconds and then pick up another tower
    I havenít noticed that but one thing Iíve noticed the past couple of days is that my phone randomly switches to Rogers-EXT even when I have a really strong Rogers signal. Happened in multiple places around town. Getting really annoying since thereís no way to manually select the network anymore so when it switches to EXT it lingers on it for a while. Not sure what is going on. Rogers is really starting to get under my skin lately. Seems like every few months now there are stupid technical glitches with their services that donít seem to plague the other carriers. Theyíre really sloppy.

I guess I will get a call soon enough telling me Iíve used too much EXT even though Iím well within a service area almost always.......

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by newfoundlander1 View Post
    I havenít noticed that but one thing Iíve noticed the past couple of days is that my phone randomly switches to Rogers-EXT even when I have a really strong Rogers signal. Happened in multiple places around town. Getting really annoying since thereís no way to manually select the network anymore so when it switches to EXT it lingers on it for a while. Not sure what is going on. Rogers is really starting to get under my skin lately. Seems like every few months now there are stupid technical glitches with their services that donít seem to plague the other carriers. Theyíre really sloppy.

I guess I will get a call soon enough telling me Iíve used too much EXT even though Iím well within a service area almost always.......

Call Rogers and complain. Itís the only way this will get resolved.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans_Moleman View Post
    Call Rogers and complain. Itís the only way theyíll put it back on the phone.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The problems are likely with the network and not with the carrier file on the phone. One thing Iíve noticed on my end (with my wifeís Rogers phone) over the last few weeks (even before the latest carrier update) is that she switches to 3G a lot more and it takes her phone much longer to regain an LTE signal.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    And oddly enough, I have the option to choose the carrier while roaming in the USA. It must be something Rogers is doing at home.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast