Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Activating iPhone Xs eSim on Bell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie3130 View Post
    I have a work and personal phone currently, both with Bell.. I’ll move my personal line to the esim and take the sim out of my work phone and put it in my personal Xs

Beats carrying around two phones, and can select which line the phone is sucking data from.

Have you been able to do it? Every single time I go to a Bell store, they tell me that I cannot port my current Bell account to the eSim. It does not make any sense! I simply want to port my account from the physical Sim to the eSim.... The internal Bell document REF13927 is giving employees instructions on how to do it and nothing is saying that you cannot port. very irritating...

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    So i just called Bell 611, then got the National Client care line, then got corp lines, then Corp Sales, then some other dept..
    at the end of the day, they can ONLY activate eSim on new phone lines. IF you have a bell number on a bell SIM, you cannot transfer that line to an eSim from what i was told.
    My feedback http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=59144

Past Phones:
    Iphone 3G White, Nokia 5310, Nokia N82, k850i blue, k790a , w580i, S500i , w810i, w850i, k790a, W810i , W600, D600,W800i, SE z520a, SE K750i, Samsung e720, Blue Tint K700i, t637, SL56, M55, MPX200, Nokia 6100,T616,
    V70, T68is/T68ie , T68i with HBH-15, Nokia 8290, Nokia 7210

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vkwan View Post
    So i just called Bell 611, then got the National Client care line, then got corp lines, then Corp Sales, then some other dept..
    at the end of the day, they can ONLY activate eSim on new phone lines. IF you have a bell number on a bell SIM, you cannot transfer that line to an eSim from what i was told.
    I got the same BS answer. Had I known maybe I wouldn't have done the upgrade now. How does it make sense thant you can't activate an eSIM on an existing line? Should work like a normal SIM swap, no?
    "Hard work never hurt anyone, but why risk it?

Past phones:

I lost count after 100...

My HoFo feedback

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by defender007 View Post
    I got the same BS answer. Had I known maybe I wouldn't have done the upgrade now. How does it make sense thant you can't activate an eSIM on an existing line? Should work like a normal SIM swap, no?
    So.... based on multiple conversations with Bell in-store agents, Bell is not setup (at least yet) for any existing Bell account swap (eg. physical SIM to eSIM). I tried, re-tried and re-re-tried to get it done and at the end of the day, nothing, NOTHING could be done. This is based on my last visit at the store on 29-Nov-2018.

I realize it's new but how come they can activate a new account but NOT swap an existing SIM to a eSIM? It does not make sense at all. I hope it is a question of time. Today, with the iOS 12.1.1 update, even Rogers should be able to do the eSIM activation.

Bell, what the hell?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Further to that,
    last Friday, November 29th, i went into a bell store asked them if they could port over a number from Telus and put it on my esim iphone xs max.. they sdaid yes they could..
    my main line is with Rogers, i have a prepaid line with Telus, and thats the number i wanted ported over to XS iphone esim.

after an hour they said they could not do it because bell requires a second line to be activated on ESIM.. can not be a primary line on esim, so i would need to get an additional line.
    he then said he could do the esim as the apple watch, but use it on xs iphone esim, and i would need to come back as the store was closing..
    soonest i could get back was tuesday.
    where another person at bell store said there was an outstanding bill owed and nothing could be done until paid.. crazy considering the line is unused and only 4 days old.. so i paid the $150 and then they say it can not be done because.. apple watch is voice over data(LTE) only.

so only way to do this is to have a second line, which can be done for $125 a month.. first line sim gets thrown in a drawer and second line gets put on ESIM on my phone..

im about to cancel everything today, but want to know is there any other way to get my ESIM activated for a single line.. i dont care if its prepaid or contract.. as of now its contract.. but reading this thread, now that its on a sim, they can no longer put it on esim because its already on a sim since last friday.

i should have just left the line with telus prepaid.. i had a $50 credit i lost because of this.

is there no way to put a line on iphone XS esim without paying for two full lines?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T/Samsung Galaxy s7 edge
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It’s completely a joke to implement eSIM with Canadian carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Freedom Mobile Promo 50 Everywhere Canada

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ended up going to Virgin mobile, got a single line on my iphone XS ESIM for $45 with nation wide calling and 4gb data.. bell was charging me $70 + the second useless line for $55

took all of 10 mins

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T/Samsung Galaxy s7 edge
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drakar View Post
    ended up going to Virgin mobile, got a single line on my iphone XS ESIM for $45 with nation wide calling and 4gb data.. bell was charging me $70 + the second useless line for $55

took all of 10 mins
    Does VM support data only on esim? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ma678 View Post
    Does VM support data only on esim? Thanks.
    on the apple watch (esim) yes..

on the Iphone XS and XSMax (esim) it supports the same features as a regular sim card on a regular plan
    voice, Data, text etc.. exactly the same, so to answer your question, no..

was told at a bell mobility store, the apple watch is data only.. and when using as voice phone extension of the iPhone, it is actually doing voice over ip, and can only use data, no voice. this is how it was designed.

EDIT:
    i may have misunderstood your question.
    Virgin supports data only on at least the apple watch and tablets
    as for iphone XS.. a reasonable assumption would be yes they would support it if thats the way you want it, the same way as they support ipad and tablets with lte/3g only plans
    Last edited by drakar; 12-08-2018 at 01:20 PM. Reason: rethought about the question asked

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Sorry I’m late to the thread. It is possible to switch an existing line to an eSim but the workaround isn’t well known. The work around for consumer accounts also doesn’t work on corporate accounts.

To switch to eSim in an existing line a store employee has to pull up your account in FastAct and select the option to do a hardware upgrade, agreeing selecting the device type(LTE) they will uncheck “use existing sim” and in this field enter the EID of the device(starts with 890490). After that they will enter the physical IMEI of the new device and click off the entry box. A radio button will pop up that says “Get Sim”. Clicking this button will generate the “eSIM” that the employee will then copy. After that they close the hardware upgrade screen and go into Sim Replacement. Here they will replace the current sim on the account with the one generated under the “Get SIM” button. After submitting that you turn the phone off and on and go to Bell.ca/eSim - you will scan the QR Code and it will prompt you that “Bell” has a plan ready for you. After that it’s pretty much good to go.

For Corporate eSim switch over you need to go to a store and have the agent call into L2 tech support. The L2 tech agent requires the FastAct credentials of the in store agent and will “create” a new corporate activation under your Corporate NAG to generate the new eSim. The rest is similar to consumer in that after selecting “GET SIM” they copy it, cancel out of the activation and do a SIM replacement.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    @Kaze hardware upgrade renews your term though.... or are you simply suspending on last page (not submitting order)
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone 5/ Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    @Kaze hardware upgrade renews your term though.... or are you simply suspending on last page (not submitting order)
    They don’t even go past the first page. As soon as they generate the eSim they are cancelling the hardware upgrade and then going to SIM Replacement. So no suspended order or no new upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K a z e View Post
    Sorry I’m late to the thread. It is possible to switch an existing line to an eSim but the workaround isn’t well known. The work around for consumer accounts also doesn’t work on corporate accounts.

To switch to eSim in an existing line a store employee has to pull up your account in FastAct and select the option to do a hardware upgrade, agreeing selecting the device type(LTE) they will uncheck “use existing sim” and in this field enter the EID of the device(starts with 890490). After that they will enter the physical IMEI of the new device and click off the entry box. A radio button will pop up that says “Get Sim”. Clicking this button will generate the “eSIM” that the employee will then copy. After that they close the hardware upgrade screen and go into Sim Replacement. Here they will replace the current sim on the account with the one generated under the “Get SIM” button. After submitting that you turn the phone off and on and go to Bell.ca/eSim - you will scan the QR Code and it will prompt you that “Bell” has a plan ready for you. After that it’s pretty much good to go.

For Corporate eSim switch over you need to go to a store and have the agent call into L2 tech support. The L2 tech agent requires the FastAct credentials of the in store agent and will “create” a new corporate activation under your Corporate NAG to generate the new eSim. The rest is similar to consumer in that after selecting “GET SIM” they copy it, cancel out of the activation and do a SIM replacement.
    Hi,

I spent about an hour with two bell employees at their flagship store in Montreal... and they tried everything... following this workaround to the letter and it doesn't work. What happens is that there's no "popup" that says "get sim".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K a z e View Post

To switch to eSim in an existing line a store employee has to pull up your account in FastAct and select the option to do a hardware upgrade, agreeing selecting the device type(LTE) they will uncheck “use existing sim” and in this field enter the EID of the device(starts with 890490). After that they will enter the physical IMEI of the new device and click off the entry box. A radio button will pop up that says “Get Sim”. Clicking this button will generate the “eSIM” that the employee will then copy. After that they close the hardware upgrade screen and go into Sim Replacement. Here they will replace the current sim on the account with the one generated under the “Get SIM” button. After submitting that you turn the phone off and on and go to Bell - you will scan the QR Code and it will prompt you that “Bell” has a plan ready for you. After that it’s pretty much good to go.

I just came back from the bell store, and no “get sim” pop up at all. Tried everything. Any new developments or ideas?

Notes: Tried taking my primary (only bell nano sim account and wanted to convert the number to an esim so that the physical sim port was open for while I travel. iPhone Xs unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaimoGuy View Post
    I just came back from the bell store, and no “get sim” pop up at all. Tried everything. Any new developments or ideas?

Notes: Tried taking my primary (only bell nano sim account and wanted to convert the number to an esim so that the physical sim port was open for while I travel. iPhone Xs unlocked.
    I resigned to use the esim for travel by loading a data plan from a provider like GigSky.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast