Thread: Using TMobile For Google Voice Porting

Feedback Score

Using TMobile For Google Voice Porting

I"m trying to port my OOMA number to Google Voice. Most everything I've read says to use TMobile to convert my OOMA VOIP number to a cellular account and then port out of TMobile to Google. I went into a TMobile store yesterday to get a SIM card and asked what the cheapest prepaid plan was. I was told it's $40.
    Surely there's a cheaper way to accomplish what I'm after.
    Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krawfo View Post
    I"m trying to port my OOMA number to Google Voice. Most everything I've read says to use TMobile to convert my OOMA VOIP number to a cellular account and then port out of TMobile to Google. I went into a TMobile store yesterday to get a SIM card and asked what the cheapest prepaid plan was. I was told it's $40.
    Surely there's a cheaper way to accomplish what I'm after.
    Any suggestions?
    Pay as you go plan is $3 per month. You may need to fund with a minimum of $10 as I recall. And a prepaid SIM runs about $5 on ebay or Amazon. Here's the link to the plan:

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid.../pay-as-you-go

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much jet. That's exactly what I was looking for. I knew there had to be something better.
    Much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I’m trying to port my number from OOMA to T-Mobile and then on to Google Voice. I’m using 1 plus my OOMA phone number as my account number, no PIN, OOMA as first name, Inc as my last name and 94303 for zip code. They also want to know if my OOMA account is a prepaid or postpaid service. I’m guessing it’s postpaid since they bill me every month.
    T-Mobile called twice saying the port request was rejected. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for any help