Thread: Odd behavior with GV/Obi and incoming call

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Odd behavior with GV/Obi and incoming call

I have had next to zero issues with my GV/Obi setup, whether before or since the protocol change to SIP.

But just an hour ago while waiting for the furnace man I contacted to get back to me (yes, I'm in one of those situations), I got an incoming call to my cell, whose CID number I didn't recognize (and few people have my straight cell number), and the call didn't ring through my GV/Obi "home" phone. So I figured it was some spammer calling my cell directly (I get plenty of those from time to time) so I didn't answer it (my routine method of dealing with this while at home).

Voicemail was left, and I checked it: It was the furnace guy, who could've only called my GV number.

I called him back successfully at his ID'd number over the GV/Obi and we did our business.

So that must mean that for some reason GV forwarded his incoming call to my cell but not to the Obi, for that call.

Also interesting: I checked the GV Call Log on both my cell and online, and there was no record of his incoming call attempt (usually would show as a Missed Call). My outgoing to him, yes, but not his call, just minutes earlier.

And I received another incoming call very soon after my call to him (wouldn't you know it? a spammer - not answered!), which did ring to all stations (GV/Obi as well as cell). Normal pattern.

Strange. Has anyone else had this happen?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    ...Strange. Has anyone else had this happen?
    Yes. Last week someone told me they called my GV number, but I did not hear the Obi home phone ring. The call was in the call log of a cellphone that the GV number forwards to.

Obi or GV probably has a small bug. It almost always works. GV has been known to change underlying things about how they work and break compatibility with tertiary devices and services.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yep, exactly like that. Logged on the cell phone. And voicemail left on the carrier service of that device!

I just hope that's a minimal occurrence!