Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: T-Mobile Roaming And VoLTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatheronthe8s View Post
    You can get Verizon CDMA for now. In some parts of the country(such as where I live), it's even the primary roaming carrier before Sprint. When its shut down though I'm not sure what will happen then. I don't think USCC has any agreements for Verizon LTE. To my knowledge they have no roaming agreements at all with AT&T.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    Ok so that’s what happens to Verizon or AT&T customers, no VoLTE roaming on USCC? That’s pretty scary.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Cellular), 10.5 inch iPad Pro (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Ok so that’s what happens to Verizon or AT&T customers, no VoLTE roaming on USCC? That’s pretty scary.
    Yeah. USCC has no VOLTE agreement with AT&T or Verizon to my knowledge. If I had an iPhone though, I could get T-Mobile VOLTE roaming. I know they have that. With Android though, unless you live in a native USCC VOLTE market, you don't get any VOLTE at all including roaming. You can't even turn it on. As far as I know you can get the VOLTE roaming if you live in a VOLTE market on Android but I'm not sure. When I go to places that only get service from T-Mobile and AT&T, my phone will connect to T-Mobile's LTE. However, I can only use data and can't make phone calls. To make phone calls, I have to use something that uses data like Textnow. I would at least like some kind of VOLTE roaming on my Android. Getting Verizon or AT&T VOLTE would be kinda nice too for those circumstances. AT&T would be alot better to have where I live though.

Feedback Score
    I spotted this while researching something else. https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/146598

Feedback Score
    It was the Summer of '14. After making a delivery to the Price Chopper in Bennington, VT, I went to place a call and for the first time ever "Extended" appeared on my Verizon iPhone 5. I had stumbled onto partner network U.S. Cellular. I had one bar of reception and no data. Suffice to say, it was a long, boring night void of sweet, precious internet until I was able to leave the following day.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It was the Summer of '14. After making a delivery to the Price Chopper in Bennington, VT, I went to place a call and for the first time ever "Extended" appeared on my Verizon iPhone 5. I had stumbled onto partner network U.S. Cellular. I had one bar of reception and no data. Suffice to say, it was a long, boring night void of sweet, precious internet until I was able to leave the following day.
    Yeah, it’s rare in most places. But some places Verizon still relies on USCC for roaming. As far as I know, Verizon doesn’t have access to fast data on USCC roaming. I’m sure it was boring with no data. Even if you got better signal though, I’m not sure if your data experience would be very good unless you were maybe just outside of Verizon's coverage area but USCC still picked up. My area is just 1x roaming and it does seem to have quite a few places here where it’s still needed.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I spotted this while researching something else. https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/146598
    Yeah. This is if you are a T-Mobile customer needing to use USCC's towers for roaming. They seem to have been having a time when it comes to getting the VOLTE roaming working. As far as I know, it even works in my area now despite not having native VOLTE. I'm not sure about everywhere though. They might still not have USCC roaming for T-Mobile customers in some places. I just experienced T-Mobile roaming on my USCC phone a few days ago. I again got data but couldn't make phone calls. It's indicated by no signal bars and only a 4G LTE data indicator. The only way for me to even check the band is to use something like SignalCheck Pro. The *#0011# service mode will just show no signal. My phone seems to struggle to keep a stable signal though when roaming on just T-Mobile LTE. It seems to be using band 4 in times it should switch to band 12. I wanted to figure out some better information but never got a whole lot. I just kinda went off of general area. I ran CellMapper the entire trip but for some reason those points still haven't processed for some reason. Despite a point I got in Snowshoe, WV(a place with only proper working AT&T service) and my phone only connecting to it for 911, still showed up on the CellMapper map under AT&T as the only point in that area with a tower(more like low power antenna due to restrictions in that area) shown. I'm not sure if the signal really was as bad as it was with T-Mobile on this trip or if it's just my phone being so confused. It still worked to some degree though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3