Thread: Data add on for Verizon BYOP discontinued?

Feedback Score

Data add on for Verizon BYOP discontinued?

I have two phones with Tracfone. Both are BYOP: one is Verizon, the other is AT&T. I can buy a data add on for the AT&T one but for the Verizon one the only add ons available are text and international long distance. Has anyone heard anything about the data add on for Verizon being discontinued or something? Thought to ask here before getting some questionable answer from the CSR. Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried different browsers or devices to see if it shows up? As crazy as it sounds, I've read that sometimes a difference.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyboysea View Post
    I have two phones with Tracfone. Both are BYOP: one is Verizon, the other is AT&T. I can buy a data add on for the AT&T one but for the Verizon one the only add ons available are text and international long distance. Has anyone heard anything about the data add on for Verizon being discontinued or something?
    I haven't seen anything in different forums about data add-on for Verizon being discontinued. Are the two phones in the same account? Have you trying using a different browser? Tracfone site works in a mysterious way.

Feedback Score
    Just checked my Verizon BYOP and had the option of getting 1 gb for 10.00 or 1000 texts for 5.00

Feedback Score
    You should be able to buy add ons by phone as well as online using debit or c.c. if ever it doesn't show up online, can try calling the help desk and ask.

One time I tried to add data with a store bought card and apply it during activation by phone helpdesk and when the data didn't come through he gave me 1 gb. The card that didn't work was one of the old ones, way less than 1gb.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried another browser and the app and still no data addon for the Verizon line. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    I have tried another browser and the app and still no data addon for the Verizon line. I'll try calling them tomorrow.
    You might try using https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans?lang=en instead of going in with https://www.tracfone.com/. It has allowed some to access all the purchase options. I doubt CS is going to be much help, as they know very little about the website or the app.

Feedback Score
    Just chatted with a CSR and he said the add-on are still available. If the website or app doesn't work, he say to use the text messaging to buy one. I'll try later when my wife gets home.

And on the website I can see all the options until I select that particular line to buy for. I wonder if it has anything to do with a recent SIM switch we made.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Strange indeed, I have VZ BYOP and I see the 1GB add-on using FF.

You might try adding a airtime and see if the option shows up in the cart under more for your phone. You can always delete the airtime and follow through with the data purchase.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Strange indeed, I have VZ BYOP and I see the 1GB add-on using FF.

You might try adding a airtime and see if the option shows up in the cart under more for your phone. You can always delete the airtime and follow through with the data purchase.
    Good suggestion. Tried and still no data. The only additional options are extra days, ILD, and texts.

Feedback Score
    Finally got around the issue. Logging out of my account, then going to https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans?lang=en and selecting smartphone rather than give the line phone number, I was able to select the addon. Then I gaive the phone number, logged back in and bought it. Sometimes dealing with Tracfone website is like navigating a maze.