Thread: Anyone still using Nokia 2126i

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Anyone still using Nokia 2126i

I found an unactivated Nokia 2126i I purchased a long time ago but misplaced, and for fun decided to try and activate it. Surprisingly, after a couple of calls to customer service trying to get the activation codes entered properly (this is one where you have to go to the prepaid menu and enter a bunch of long strings of numbers in the codes menu to program it) it's working fine. It's about as basic of a phone as I've seen in a long time, and coverage isn't too bad. Just wondering if anyone else is still using one of these, or keeps one activated for any reason. I seem to remember this being a very popular model back in its time, being a single-rate CDMA phone.

Feedback Score
    Looks a lot like the hugely popular Nokia 1100. I opted for the fancy Motorola V60i at the time, which was also CDMA.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Seems that 2126i was one of my early entry to tracfone world. Great little bar phone with great reception. Surprized that it is better than 2G.I remember back then you could get a free phone buying minutes from the TF website. Sold a ton of those way back when.

Device(s)
    Moto G Plus, Moto E4, ZTE Blade Max 3
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Seems that 2126i was one of my early entry to tracfone world. Great little bar phone with great reception. Surprized that it is better than 2G.I remember back then you could get a free phone buying minutes from the TF website. Sold a ton of those way back when.
    I still have a few refurbs from buying airtime cards from the TF website. I even invested in aftermarket cases and the data cable for it, about $30 for the OEM Nokia cable, so I could customize MIDI ringtones and screensavers. It was a very solid performer, my favorite until the smartphones took over.