Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: $25 a Month Unlimited Gigs With Port In and Eligible Device

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    Does anyone know if you can swap phones without losing the promo price?

Here is what I am thinking. If I can find a cheap boost mobile phone for Black Friday for about $30. I would like to swap the cheap boost phone for my expensive unlocked moto e4 and then sell my unlocked moto e4.

So I am wonder if there is anyway to tell by looking at your account if you are allowed to swap phones without losing the promo price.

Also if you are allowed to swap phones can you swap to a cheap boost locked phone or must it be another expensive unlocked phone.
    So I was actually going to do this same thing. I checked out your link to the Best Buy promo and under FAQ's it has a question about switching phones. The answer says yes, if you switch to a phone on the original list you can keep the plan. My guess is that the same goes for the promo we signed up for but who knows. Boost doesn't make anything easy it seems.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was tempted to do this. I just didn't have the time to get a phone, sim, etc. $25 a month for unlimited is a great deal. It's $300 less a year than what I'm currently paying. But, I'm happy with Metro. From my past experience with Sprint I'm not sure it would be worth the savings.

But, Kudos to those who picked up this awesome promo.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    I was tempted to do this. I just didn't have the time to get a phone, sim, etc. $25 a month for unlimited is a great deal. It's $300 less a year than what I'm currently paying. But, I'm happy with Metro. From my past experience with Sprint I'm not sure it would be worth the savings.

I know there was not much time for this promo and I was lucky I got in on it in time.

If you did not get this promo the best buy $25 promo is similar and good until next year.

Make sure to read the fine print so you don't make any mistakes. It looks like you just need to buy a phone from best buy from the best buy list.

I think the unlocked moto e4 plus would be a good choice at $169 from the list of qualifying phones.

Device(s)
    Moto G5s Plus, Moto G4 Plus, Moto E5 Plus, Samsung J7 Neo, HTC One
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post

I'm sticking with Metro also. I activated my Moto G5S Plus on this and it literally sucks compared to Metro. LTE is slow, the Hotspot doesn't work most of the time, couldn't even use the internet or make any calls for about 5 hours yesterday morning. I got in on the 4 for $100 deal at Metro in August and got 4 free Moto E5 plus. No hotspot but I think I got a better work around. I called customer service and gave them the IMEI to my Lenovo Tab 4 and put my Sim in it. Works great. Unlimited Internet in a tablet for $25 a month. Can't beat that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    So I was actually going to do this same thing. I checked out your link to the Best Buy promo and under FAQ's it has a question about switching phones. The answer says yes, if you switch to a phone on the original list you can keep the plan. My guess is that the same goes for the promo we signed up for but who knows. Boost doesn't make anything easy it seems.
    You are probable correct that you can only swap to another unlocked phone and if that is the case I will keep the unlocked moto e4 for a long time.

I guess if you had a boost phone and attempted to swap it would tell you if you had to change plans before doing it.

Another thing if you swap another unlocked phone I wonder if you use the same sim card or if you need a new sim card.

If you swap a boost phone for another boost phone I don't think you need a sim card because it has one inside it already.

Feedback Score
    I think everyone on the $25 promo deal will also get the increased hotspot. If you don't have it yet I think it will show up next payment.

Boost Mobile Increases Mobile Hotspot Data On Its Unlimited LTE Data Plans

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...e-hotspot.html

Device(s)
    Moto G5s Plus, Moto G4 Plus, Moto E5 Plus, Samsung J7 Neo, HTC One
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    I think everyone on the $25 promo deal will also get the increased hotspot. If you don't have it yet I think it will show up next payment.

Boost Mobile Increases Mobile Hotspot Data On Its Unlimited LTE Data Plans

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...e-hotspot.html
    I got it. It shows that you have 8 on you account but down where the usage is at it's says 12.

Feedback Score
    I am not sure what your t-mobile plan does but most the unlimited plans are similar.

So this plan throttles video, music, and games. But browsing and downloading is not throttled.

You also get 8 GB of hotspot.

They also might throttle for data deprioritization.

They want you to pay $10 more for HD speed.

I am already on boost so I am not sure if I qualify for this $25 unlimited promo but if I could I would buy a new unlocked phone and sign up.
    Well on MetroPCS it says that they limit video to 480 but I watch YouTube on 720p all the time on my moto e5 plus.

Sent from my moto e5 plus on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6