Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score

Robo calls to be stopped---

http://eastbaytimes.ca.newsmemory.co...DateStampLong#

AT LAST, RELIEF FROM ROBOCALLS

‘HELLO, THIS ISTHE IRSCALLING’

Phone companies to activate $100 million system designed to identify and stop those fraudulent and unwanted calls

By Tracey Kaplan

[email protected]

Finally, the big phone companies plan to do something major for us little people, rolling out a $100 million system that could eventually reduce the flood of unwanted robocalls to a trickle.

Those aggravating calls from phony IRS agents or the disembodied voice offering a “free” resort vacation won’t disappear instantly. But starting next year, Verizon, AT& T and T-Mobile expect to be the first to activate a new national authentication system designed to stop fraudulent and unsolicited calls. They’re already testing the system.

With other service providers, including Sprint, expected to follow, nearly 90 percent of U.S. phones — all mobile phones and about half the
    [Click on link to read long, detailed article.]

AT& T and T-Mobile said they have tested the system and are on track to launch next year.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post

Phone companies to activate $100 million system designed to identify and stop those fraudulent and unwanted calls

By Tracey Kaplan

[email protected]

Finally, the big phone companies plan to do something major for us little people, rolling out a $100 million system that could eventually reduce the flood of unwanted robocalls to a trickle.

Those aggravating calls from phony IRS agents or the disembodied voice offering a “free” resort vacation won’t disappear instantly. But starting next year, Verizon, AT& T and T-Mobile expect to be the first to activate a new national authentication system designed to stop fraudulent and unsolicited calls. They’re already testing the system.

With other service providers, including Sprint, expected to follow, nearly 90 percent of U.S. phones — all mobile phones and about half the

AT& T and T-Mobile said they have tested the system and are on track to launch next year.

Very Nice

Feedback Score
    Now I wish they could find a way to block any calls from ANY telemarketing company.

Feedback Score
    Talking about robocall topic, I think I have also read a nice article at http://www.whycall.me/news/consumer-...-warner-cable/ about someone who sued a big company because of robocalls and won. I think this might be useful for anyone who also get multiple robocalls from legit businesses.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Any
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure the political calls will still be allowed.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJoe View Post
    I'm sure the political calls will still be allowed.
    As are charities.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post

By Tracey Kaplan

[email protected]

Great. Now what am I going to do to amuse myself. When "Rachel" from card services calls, I like to stay on the line. When the nice Nigerian man comes on to scam me for my credit card numbers I exclaim, "You're not Rachel! Where is Rachel? They answer perplexed and try to get back on script. I insist, "Where is Rachel?, what have you done with her? She and I are friends, I am calling the police".

It never gets old.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got a robocall offering to reduce my interest rates while reading this post. I'm looking forward to this being turned on.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom93R1 View Post
    I got a robocall offering to reduce my interest rates while reading this post. I'm looking forward to this being turned on.
    I haven't answered in some time. Looked up a number after a call on one, I missed out on winning publishers clearinghouse All it would have taken is $3500 in fees.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.