Thread: iPhone 5a on PagePlus to iPhone 7 on Verizon Prepaid?

Feedback Score

Question iPhone 5a on PagePlus to iPhone 7 on Verizon Prepaid?

Hey all

I currently have an iPhone 5s with PagePlus ($30 plan), but the battery life on it is crap now and I was told it will not work in future due to not being voice over LTE compatible. In any event, I bought a new iPhone 7 (for Verizon) from Apple and was told that I would have lots of problems getting cellular data to work after switching to the new phone. I also told the fix for this is to factory reset the phone and then reinstall my apps and possible loss of contacts and other stuff.

In any event, while at BestBuy today I noticed that Verizon prepaid now has a $30 that is similar to the one on PagePlus. I am thinking about porting my number back to Verizon to avoid the problems listed above, but just want to make sure there are not going to be any issues with this. Also, will Verizon let me use this new phone with their prepaid service? Wondering if I should go to the Verizon store here in town, rather than attempting to do this on my own.

Any thoughts, concerns, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    wyophoneguy

Feedback Score
    I dont understand what youve been told but i had an apple sim free Iphone 7 on Verizon Prepaid with no issues. Gave that phone to my mom and now using an SE on Verizon Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    I dont understand what youve been told but i had an apple sim free Iphone 7 on Verizon Prepaid with no issues. Gave that phone to my mom and now using an SE on Verizon Prepaid.
    I have not been told of any problems with Verizon, but rather have been told problems with PagePlus.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-cellular-data

wyophoneguy

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    I have not been told of any problems with Verizon, but rather have been told problems with PagePlus.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-cellular-data

wyophoneguy
    The link you posted is broken.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Hey all

Just letting everyone know that I got my phone yesterday after the FedEx driver drove around the block to find my house. Also, I did decide to go with PagePlus, as the 2GB data vs 500MB data with Verizon was a better deal. So far everything is going well, although I tried to do an ESN change @ http://www.exclusivecellular.com and get a message that my ESN change will be submitted after my payment is processed, I don't see anywhere to enter any payment. In any event, I have emailed them and am just waiting to hear back from them. If I am correct I need to complete this change in order to be able to sell or give away this phone to someone else. Really was hoping to get $20 or $30 by selling on eBay.

wyophoneguy

Feedback Score
    Hey all

Just letting everyone know that I got my phone yesterday after the FedEx driver drove around the block to find my house. Also, I did decide to go with PagePlus, as the 2GB data vs 500MB data with Verizon was a better deal. So far everything is going well, although I tried to do an ESN change @ http://www.exclusivecellular.com and get a message that my ESN change will be submitted after my payment is processed, I don't see anywhere to enter any payment. In any event, I have emailed them and am just waiting to hear back from them. If I am correct I need to complete this change in order to be able to sell or give away this phone to someone else. Really was hoping to get $20 or $30 by selling on eBay.

wyophoneguy
    ESN change isn’t required for LTE device, just a simple sim swap. If you’d called in instead of going to an unnecessary 3rd party site, they would’ve told you that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    ESN change isn’t required for LTE device, just a simple sim swap. If you’d called in instead of going to an unnecessary 3rd party site, they would’ve told you that.
    I just thought you needed to do an ESN change if you wanted to give the phone to someone else or sell the phone. Not what I might get for this poor phone on eBay, but even if I get $15 or $20 I would be happy.

wyophoneguy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just thought you needed to do an ESN change if you wanted to give the phone to someone else or sell the phone. Not what I might get for this poor phone on eBay, but even if I get $15 or $20 I would be happy.

wyophoneguy
    Besides the battery? How is the condition of the iPhone ? Like any cracks, scratches etc ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Besides the battery? How is the condition of the iPhone ? Like any cracks, scratches etc ?

No cracks on screen. Possibly a few scratches on the back and few nicks on the sides.

wyophoneguy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No cracks on screen. Possibly a few scratches on the back and few nicks on the sides.

wyophoneguy
    PM me .how much your looking for ?