Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LG Rebel 2 VoIP capable?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If my recollection is correct, forum member advcomp2019 has a phone that did not have VoLTE while his brother has the same model with VoLTE. He contacted TF, chatted/talked with a "techie" rep who made some changes to the account and after that his phone has VoLTE.
    That was not me. My brother had to use a J3 Sky SIM in his Galaxy S7 to get VoLTE.

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    By the way, it might be worth mentioning that you must use your carrier's phone number for HD Voice to work on compatible devices. It will not work if you're using a Google Voice number.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    By the way, it might be worth mentioning that you must use your carrier's phone number for HD Voice to work on compatible devices. It will not work if you're using a Google Voice number.
    My Phoenix 2 is on TF/AT&T and I was using the cell number that TF assigned to me.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I know the call on my TF/AT&T side was going through LTE because I could use data at the same time
    Voice and data on AT&T doesn't mean VoLTE. GSM/HSPDA have always supported it. It was just CDMA voice not supporting simultaneous data.

Yes, the HD indicator was lit up on my phone. iPhone on plain old AT&T Wireless.
    That doesn't mean HD Voice is on for MVNO's like TF. Quite likely AT&T is not allowing it yet

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    That doesn't mean HD Voice is on for MVNO's like TF. Quite likely AT&T is not allowing it yet
    I never claimed that it was. I merely pointed out that my Tracfone on Verizon's network, when calling my friend's AT&T Wireless phone, had HD Voice enabled.

Feedback Score
    Although my Phoenix 2 is set to LTE/HD Voice, I've never seen an HD on its screen when calling anyone (Verizon or AT&T), so I don't know for sure if AT&T has enabled HD Voice for Tracfone customers. Is your friend's phone on postpaid AT&T or TF/AT&T?
    AT&T does not have HD Voice for their prepaid customers, and I would assume that MVNOs on their network don't either. Clearly shows up on their coverage map. Surprised an AT&T prepaid phone would even have a setting.

https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The Rebel 2 is VoLTE capable, but you did not get it before because TracFone only started provisioning accounts with it about 6 months ago. This feature does not automatically upgrade, and has to be with a new activation. Activating a new Rebel 2 should provision the account/SIM with VoLTE. You should also get HD Voice and likely Visual Voicemail.

Not sure if the Moto E4 will than have VoLTE with the new Rebel 2 SIM.
    This post is super old but I'm bumping it anyway.

I have a Tracfone branded LG Rebel 2 but I lost the original SIM. Chat said they don't send replacement SIMs anymore and that I'd have to use a BYOP SIM. I have a brand new BYOP SIM, gave it to the CSR over chat. I was activating the LG Rebel 2 with a transfer which involved porting from BYOD Tracfone AT&T to this Rebel on Tracfone Verizon. The port failed he said because the LG Rebel 2 could not be activated on Tracfone Verizon

Any idea how I make this happen? Also I'm not sure if he even linked the IMEI with the new SIM

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Finally I cut through the BS by firmly but politely telling them to "Just put it down as a reactivation due to a lost/damaged SIM and please re-provision the phone with this new SIM #." 10 minutes later I had VoLTE functionality with my number and service buckets/days correctly transferred to the new SIM.
    I think this is the answer to getting my Tracfone Branded LG Rebel 2 (lost the SIM) back on Tracfone Verizon. Will try tomorrow, day 3 of my adventure. I can only chat with them once a day it is so draining. Today they sent all my minutes into the ether accidentally and then I eventually got them back. This happened when I tried to activate the LG rebel with a transfer (and port) and the port "failed" but my minutes disappeared anyway

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    What a mess...hopefully you get it all sorted out. For a phone that old, I probably wouldn't have even hassled, but to each their own.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    What a mess...hopefully you get it all sorted out. For a phone that old, I probably wouldn't have even hassled, but to each their own.
    Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YaWho View Post

I have a Tracfone branded LG Rebel 2 but I lost the original SIM. Chat said they don't send replacement SIMs anymore and that I'd have to use a BYOP SIM. I have a brand new BYOP SIM, gave it to the CSR over chat. The port failed he said because the LG Rebel 2 could not be activated on Tracfone Verizon
    Do you remember which carrier your Rebel 2 came with (Verizon or T-mo)? There's a version of Rebel 2 that came with T-mo service, we have two of them from a BOGO deal. Those phones don't have the bands to work on Verizon. I think their model number ends with BL.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    GSM version is L57BL
    CDMA version is L58VL, and is VoLTE capable

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Do you remember which carrier your Rebel 2 came with (Verizon or T-mo)? There's a version of Rebel 2 that came with T-mo service, we have two of them from a BOGO deal. Those phones don't have the bands to work on Verizon. I think their model number ends with BL.
    It's the Verizon version from HSN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2