Thread: Copying phone book from one phone to another - Galaxy S5

Feedback Score

Copying phone book from one phone to another - Galaxy S5

I have a Galaxy S5 and two Motorola V710s. The 710s sit in each of my cars as emergency phones in case I walk out of the house without my regular, Galaxy S5.

With the coming demise of 3G, I just bought two refurbished Galasxy S5s and had them activated to replace the 710s. I never kept up the phone books on the 710s, and would like to copy the contacts in my original Galaxy S5s to the new refurbished Galaxy S5s.

I've tried Googling to fions out how to make the transfer, but it is too complex for my addled brain and there are no teenagers in the heighborhood (who could probably do it five minutes) I can hire.

Can anyone tell me how to do it in simple terms?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L-1 View Post
    I have a Galaxy S5 and two Motorola V710s. The 710s sit in each of my cars as emergency phones in case I walk out of the house without my regular, Galaxy S5.

With the coming demise of 3G, I just bought two refurbished Galasxy S5s and had them activated to replace the 710s. I never kept up the phone books on the 710s, and would like to copy the contacts in my original Galaxy S5s to the new refurbished Galaxy S5s.

I've tried Googling to fions out how to make the transfer, but it is too complex for my addled brain and there are no teenagers in the heighborhood (who could probably do it five minutes) I can hire.

Can anyone tell me how to do it in simple terms?

Thanks!
    Set your S5 to backup to Google Cloud. Then you can sign into the other S5’s with your Google account and sync your contacts back down from Google.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrfyter View Post
    Set your S5 to backup to Google Cloud. Then you can sign into the other S5’s with your Google account and sync your contacts back down from Google.
    That's how I did it when I upgraded from my old S4 and S7. I am currently using an S9 handset. The change was automatic and no requirement for me to do anything manually.

BTW: I have never heard of a Galaxy S5s. OP, are you referring to an iPhone 5S ???
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    That's how I did it when I upgraded from my old S4 and S7. I am currently using an S9 handset. The change was automatic and no requirement for me to do anything manually.

BTW: I have never heard of a Galaxy S5s. OP, are you referring to an iPhone 5S ???
    I think he means multiple S5 phones, i.e., S5s

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You could try sending by Bluetooth, WiFi direct, or nfc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My elderly neighbor uses Verizon prepaid. She wanted a new phone and asked me to go with her to Verizon to buy one the other day. Being the gentleman I am I told her I'd go with her.

After speaking with the awesome Verizon store rep (Juan Garcia) we settled on the Moto G5 Play to replace her old Galaxy S3.

Despite having her contacts stored with her Google account and backed up to her phone when I signed in with her Google account on her new phone none of her contacts would show up.

She had a ton of them and believe me she wasn't about to let me leave without guaranteeing each and every one of them was on her new phone!

So I just installed Verizon Backup Assistant (Verizon Cloud) from the Google Play Store on the old phone over Wi-Fi and backed up her contacts. Then I did the same on her new phone and the contacts transferred like magic.

This app is pretty easy to use as it asks you directly which phone you want which contacts COPIED from and which one you want them TRANSFERRED to.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nager&hl=en_US

Of course naturally I'd prefer to use Google's Cloud to copy/restore any address book but in this case Google failed us so I'm glad Verizon had an app that worked.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

Despite having her contacts stored with her Google account and backed up to her phone when I signed in with her Google account on her new phone none of her contacts would show up.
    Sounds like contact sync was turned off to me.