Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lost data connectivity after overseas trip, re-push network configuration?

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
    It's been years since I've been on XDA-Developers, but I'll start digging through the V35 section, and then see if I can word something that won't get too many snarky responses.

I have another puzzle piece - if I turn on international data roaming, the phone gets data (apparently from an AT&T cell per the LTE Discovery app). If I then disable international data roaming it seems to keep the connection until I lose that tower (e.g. going into an underground parking garage, then coming back up).

It's like the phone lost track of what towers belong to whom.
    I would just keep international roaming turned on and call it a day. It could just be a bug in the firmware.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think you're right. I'm going to try that and hope to not get a huge bill next month.

I got an update from V350ULM10e to V350ULM10f yesterday, and thought "wow, that's good service, they did a release just for me". Nope

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
    I think you're right. I'm going to try that and hope to not get a huge bill next month.

I got an update from V350ULM10e to V350ULM10f yesterday, and thought "wow, that's good service, they did a release just for me". Nope
    Unless you're near the border or traveling internationally, you have nothing to worry about.

Haha.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I used to work for Att international support about 4 years ago. We had a tool that we could remove the network settings stored in the phone and the user would restart the phone to reestablish a connection

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry veriztd, I only just now saw your response. That option wasn't offered to me, either by the person I spoke to by phone originally, or the person that the store folks subsequently talked to on the phone (the store folks aren't allowed to mess with people's phones any more apparently).

The 24-48 hours "we'll investigate and get back to you" resulted in nothing back to me.

But the good news is that leaving international data roaming enabled has fixed the problem. I have roam north america so if I stray over the northern border no worries.

Maybe the next time there is an OS upgraded (if ever) it will clear this out.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Ask to speak with technical support. They will resolve it as regular CS won't know how to do it. I assisted customers with this type of issue (usually while oversees) on a weekly basis.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by veriztd; 10-29-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2