Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone XR Released Today

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

iPhone XR Released Today

Anyone pick this up, or planning to? The blue one is tempting me, and the display size would be a better fit for my hands than my current phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I ordered some for family and broke down and got myself one too.

All of them should be here by 3pm. I gotta wait 3.14 more hours.

I got the black one for myself because I believe the display blends in better with the bezel. The other 3 were that awesome Product Red color.

I'm with you on the size. It's the Goldilocks effect. Not too big. Not too small. Just right.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The black one is pretty slick, but I've had countless all black phones, so I'm personally looking for something different. It's why my current iPhone is the gold one. Not normally my thing, but it's different.

Feedback Score
    Mine is supposed to arrive by 3PM also. I'm watching the "Follow My Delivery" moving map on line. I used this for an Amazon delivery a while back and the driver was all over my neighborhood for hours then went back to the yard around 5PM without stopping here. Another driver did finally get my pkg. to my door before the 8PM cutoff though, I gotta give them credit.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    The black one is pretty slick, but I've had countless all black phones, so I'm personally looking for something different. It's why my current iPhone is the gold one. Not normally my thing, but it's different.
    Glad you finally upgraded from that old TDMA looking Nokia you have in your avatar!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Glad you finally upgraded from that old TDMA looking Nokia you have in your avatar!
    Fun fact: searching for reviews on my Nokia 5165 from AT&T back in 2001 is how I found HowardForums. So I keep that avatar as an homage to that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Fun fact: searching for reviews on my Nokia 5165 from AT&T back in 2001 is how I found HowardForums. So I keep that avatar as an homage to that.
    Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G960U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Anyone pick this up, or planning to? The blue one is tempting me, and the display size would be a better fit for my hands than my current phone.
    Are you going to get rid of your XS Max?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Are you going to get rid of your XS Max?
    If I like the XR better, yes. It's coming tomorrow and I'm going to test it for a couple weeks.

Feedback Score
    I finally called UPS at 4PM to explain how crappy their driver is in my area. After being on hold for about 10 minutes and during my explanation, the driver pulls up. SOMEHOW my instructions magically changed to "Leave On Porch" during the day. I read the driver the riot act while on the phone with UPS customer service and filed a complaint. The driver says he can't change delivery instructions, and I didn't change them so...

Then my new phone went into a loop while trying to restore my old X backup, so I had to let it bleed down the battery overnight to begin my restore this morning. Oh, and my computer was acting up also, just to keep it interesting. Something it never, ever does. Anyhoo, the new unit is pretty nice, and I think I'll probably keep it. The phone isn't much bigger, but then neither is the screen, but I mostly want band 71 and the dual sim. Not to mention the $200-$300 upgrade difference after selling my 256Gb X.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

iPhone XR Released Today

If I like the XR better, yes. It's coming tomorrow and I'm going to test it for a couple weeks.
    That’s a change of pace. You were in love with that thing when you first bought it.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I finally called UPS at 4PM to explain how crappy their driver is in my area. After being on hold for about 10 minutes and during my explanation, the driver pulls up. SOMEHOW my instructions magically changed to "Leave On Porch" during the day. I read the driver the riot act while on the phone with UPS customer service and filed a complaint. The driver says he can't change delivery instructions, and I didn't change them so...

Then my new phone went into a loop while trying to restore my old X backup, so I had to let it bleed down the battery overnight to begin my restore this morning. Oh, and my computer was acting up also, just to keep it interesting. Something it never, ever does. Anyhoo, the new unit is pretty nice, and I think I'll probably keep it. The phone isn't much bigger, but then neither is the screen, but I mostly want band 71 and the dual sim. Not to mention the $200-$300 upgrade difference after selling my 256Gb X.
    First world problems, eh?

Sorry you had to go through all of that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    We already knew this but this graphic shows that the iPhone XR has the best battery life compared to other smart phones in its caliber. Another great reason to own one if you're looking for a new device with the best battery life:

Name:  iphone-xr-battery-life-vs-xs-max-vs-android.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  48.5 KB

I guess we can attribute this to the Retina LCD. In my opinion after using it for a day the screen is beautiful, sharp and bright. I don't notice that cheap underglow that you sometimes see which budget style devices with a LCD.

I don't feel like I'm missing anything and I've used the XS and S9 which both have beautiful displays.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    First world problems, eh?

Sorry you had to go through all of that.
    Definitely, but nothing like a good rant every once in a while.

I wouldn't even mention it except I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago with UPS driving within 2 blocks of my house, but then taking my pkg. back to their yard at 5PM and the evening guy finally delivered it at around 8:30 that night. My "Delivered By 3:00PM" for yesterday also mysteriously changed to "By 8PM", so I called to b***h. Their moving map tracking is a blessing and a curse I guess. I was pretty sure he'd pull the same stunt again after watching his track.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    That’s a change of pace. You were in love with that thing when you first bought it.
    My eyes are, but not my hands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast