Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Article: T-Mobile Introduces the OnePlus 6T: Only $249 after $300 Trade In

Carrier(s)
    Telus $70/20GB (with family discount)
    Feedback Score

Post Things You Should Know About T-Mobile's OnePlus 6T

Name:  6t-tmo-v-op.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  43.3 KB

OnePlus has, in a forum post, clarified the differences between the T-Mobile-branded 6T and the unlocked version you can now buy direct from OnePlus.

If, for whatever reason, you can't see the image above, the major differences are as follows:

T-Mobile: mirror black
    Unlocked: midnight black, mirror black

T-Mobile: 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage
    Unlocked: 6 GB + 128 GB, 8 GB + 128 GB / 256 GB

T-Mobile: single SIM card slot (because carriers)
    Unlocked: dual SIM card slot

T-Mobile: T-Mobile network only
    Unlocked: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon

The T-Mobile version can be network-unlocked once the phone has been paid off in full and used on the network for 40 continuous days. Once the device is network-unlocked then the bootloader will then be unlockable as well. The chart actually shows an error in its bottom-right cell: I'm fairly certain that phones purchased direct from OnePlus have bootloaders that are also unlockable rather than unlocked—the latter would be a pretty big security risk to those who don't understand what any of this means.

Finally, there are two additional hardware features that you'll find on the company's previous OnePlus 6 but not on either version of the 6T—one is the headphone jack, the other is the notification LED. Never settle!

Source: OnePlus Forums via XDA
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Feedback Score
    Ordered mine today. I have been waiting for the right Dual Sim phone to switch from running iCrap with digits.

If all goes well, I will be selling my old 8plus at the end of next week.

One of my co-workers runs a OnePlus 6 with AT&T and prepaid T-Mobile and loves it. I will be running it with work- AT&T and Home- post paid T-Mobile in a band 71 area.

Feedback Score
    Let's say you don't have an old phone around to trade, and you live in a state with sales tax, your costs is going to be $579 + $49 tax + $100 to buy an old phone -$300 trade-in credits over 24 months = $428. That's not a great price, in my opinion, compared to things like the LG G6 for $350+tax direct from t-mobile with no trade-in BS. And it probably has a better camera. Sure, the OP6T has a better/newer processor and more RAM, but this trade-in seems like a lot of hassle to not save much money. If you do it via phone they're going to charge you $30+ for the SIM/upgrade fees, which they're pretty stickly about nowadays. I don't know what the store charges, but I read something about it being $10 less, so $20+ ish.

If you have an old phone on the list hanging around already, it seems like a deal, since you'll get more than you'd otherwise if you sold it directly. If you're planning to buy a phone to trade-in, though, not as good of a deal as it seems like on the surface.

Feedback Score
    the tmo version is not worth it to me. I looked at it today and decided to order the dual sim 256g version online. Now I have to wait. At least if it works for me, when I sell my iCrap 8plus I will get more than what I paid for the OP6T

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Dual-SIM all the way. My last few phones have all been dual-SIM and I can't imagine going back to single SIM. That's the main reason I ordered my 6T from the OP store.

It seems the norm outside of NA to have dual-SIM. Why is even the "Un-Carrier" afraid of it here, since they are the best?

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acurrie View Post
    Name:  6t-tmo-v-op.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  43.3 KB

OnePlus has, in a forum post, clarified the differences between the T-Mobile-branded 6T and the unlocked version you can now buy direct from OnePlus.

If, for whatever reason, you can't see the image above, the major differences are as follows:

T-Mobile: mirror black
    Unlocked: midnight black, mirror black

T-Mobile: 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage
    Unlocked: 6 GB + 128 GB, 8 GB + 128 GB / 256 GB

T-Mobile: single SIM card slot (because carriers)
    Unlocked: dual SIM card slot

T-Mobile: T-Mobile network only
    Unlocked: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon

The T-Mobile version can be network-unlocked once the phone has been paid off in full and used on the network for 40 continuous days. Once the device is network-unlocked then the bootloader will then be unlockable as well. The chart actually shows an error in its bottom-right cell: I'm fairly certain that phones purchased direct from OnePlus have bootloaders that are also unlockable rather than unlocked—the latter would be a pretty big security risk to those who don't understand what any of this means.

Finally, there are two additional hardware features that you'll find on the company's previous OnePlus 6 but not on either version of the 6T—one is the headphone jack, the other is the notification LED. Never settle!

Source: OnePlus Forums via XDA
    The one thing that should be noted, is that we don't know for sure that once the device is carrier unlocked that the bootloader will be unlockable. I think I will wait 40 days until those that bought them attempt the unlock and see if the bootloader is indeed unlocked. Otherwise I will get the unlocked one from OnePlus

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It came a day early. Testing it now. Initially the screen was very dark, but I was able to turn it up after I was done w/setup. The volume controls aren't where I'm used to and there's a slider where I'm used to the volume (don't know what it does yet), but I have to expect a bunch of things like this. 2 speakers or 1 is fake (don't know yet). Connected to B4 over my head at the office just fine. Wi-Fi good so far. It's narrower than my Nokia 6.1 and a little taller. Good feel.

More later when I have time.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe I should move these comments to another thread or another part of the board. Additional comments I have this time are as follows:

1) I don't like having the volume controls directly opposite the power button as it makes it harder to toggle power w/o also hitting the volume controls at the same time.
    2) The aspect ratio is wider than normal, so some apps are stretched. I hope there's a way to fix this.
    3) The navigation bar is white when I'm in an app with a dark background. Most distracting. The nav bar should be black with white buttons. I hope I can fix this.
    4) Only the lower left speaker works and it's covered by my hand when holding it landscape.

Maybe I will come to like the phone in time, but it's disappointing right now.

Feedback Score
    Mine will be here this afternoon. I am switching from a iPhone 8plus since I need Band71 and the dual sim.

I have been running digits for my personal tmobile and att for work on the 8plus for the last year and to be honest, never really satisfied with the solution.

Band 71 opened up in my area ( southern oklahoma) and that should make rural coverage great.

I will post my impressions later. I have ran android before with a nexus 6p but at the time I was running google voice. I got tired of the second rate data offering and switched to t-mobile. Next the battery life of the 6P was not that great and upgraded to the 8plus.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    An additional gripe I have is that the phone "trims" the left corner or top of apps, depending on how you are holding it, to give a rounded look. The screen is there, but it replaces it will black. I'm not a fan of this at all and it cuts off part of the text on my favorite app (Ark of War). Ark of War is badly stretched too. Reminds me of TV at the gym, ugh.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quick question. Is there anything preventing me from putting in a VZ MVNO SIM on slot 2 on my Dual-SIM OP6T? I want to map VZ coverage around my parents' house. I saw that it supports their LTE bands too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This promo ends tomorrow. Get it today while you still can. https://www.tmonews.com/2018/11/t-mo...ding-tomorrow/
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2